Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Season ahead

I''m as positive as the next guy but lets not forget this will be a tough league. There are some big big teams which will make us finish high very difficult;

Middlesborough

Portsmouth

Hull

Burnley

QPR

Cardiff

Leicester

Forest

will all finish above us;

Leeds

Scum

Swansea

Sheffield U

doncaster

will all be around us as we have a mini league fighting for 9th

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I''m as positive as the next guy but lets not forget this will be a tough league. There are some big big teams which will make us finish high very difficult; Middlesborough Portsmouth Hull Burnley QPR Cardiff Leicester Forest will all finish above us; Leeds Scum Swansea Sheffield U doncaster will all be around us as we have a mini league fighting for 9th[/quote]

The only thing I''m sure of, is that it''s impossible to predict. Who would have thought Blackpool would get promoted? Or that Forest would come so close? And Leicester?

There''s always plenty of surprises, both at the top and the bottom. I think we''ll do quite well, not sure we have the strength in depth to quite make the playoffs, but you never know. The teams you''ve listed might well have decent squads, but consistency is what makes the difference. I.e. Gunn v Lambert.

I agree mostly, however i would demote:

Pourtsmouth - still in administration, going to have very few players with any championship experience more likely to be struggling in my opinion

Leicester- Good first season, but without Waghorn who they had on loan last season will struggle, especially with the goal crazy Sousa as manager.

QPR- Not convinced by all the hype, made very few signings to a team that struggled last year.

Leaving these 3, us and the other teams to challenge for 6th.

Also i''ve bet sheff u to go down, clubs a mess.

I wouldnt rule us out finishing higher with a good start though.

I don''t see how you can be so confidant that these teams will all be better than us? we have as good chance as any one in this league, Boro are the only team who have made ''better'' signings than us so far, and the only team i really think SHOULD be above us, they should have gone up last season.....Pompey and Hull arn''t in a very good state, Burnley arn''t going to have the same squad they had last season (which wasn''t that dissimilar to the squad they had the season before...), then teams like QPR, Forrest, Sheffield UTD, always get hyped up, but this league is so random, that their just as likely to get relegated as they are premoted...

" but this league is so random, that their just as likely to get relegated as they are premoted..."Id say that about us honestly. I have no idea where we will end up; However for me mid-table, with the aim of promotion in the second season I think is a realistic scenario. Looking at the odds, Middlesborough are rightly at the top; But I dont think theres any other real stand out side. However other than Scunthorpe and maybe Watford no one stands out as a particularly poor team. Its not often you can get 8/1 on the title favourite!http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I''m as positive as the next guy but lets not forget this will be a tough league. There are some big big teams which will make us finish high very difficult;

Middlesborough

Portsmouth

Hull

Burnley

QPR

Cardiff

Leicester

Forest

will all finish above us;

Leeds

Scum

Swansea

Sheffield U

doncaster

will all be around us as we have a mini league fighting for 9th[/quote]

[URL=http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3690][IMG]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalming.gif[/IMG][/URL]

A high finish would be good, and we should aim for this. In making a mark we would be attractive to future signings next year.

We are clearly well short of Premiership level in quality and depth, and we need a season or two in the Championship to consolidate and build an even better team.

Recalling how ill-prepared we were when we reached the Premiership last time, a high finish to attract quality players would be good.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I''m as positive as the next guy but lets not forget this will be a tough league. There are some big big teams which will make us finish high very difficult; Middlesborough Portsmouth Hull Burnley QPR Cardiff Leicester Forest will all finish above us; Leeds Scum Swansea Sheffield U doncaster will all be around us as we have a mini league fighting for 9th[/quote]

Personally, I feel we will finish fighting for 6th place, but probably miss out this season. But I must admit to laughing reading your post where you said there are ''big big teams'' then on the list you include Pompey in administration, Hull and Burnley who are not big, big teams and I feel Forest and Leicester won''t be such a big force this year as they were last year.