Sign in to follow this  
promotion bound!!!!!????

Where has all the money come from???

I''m just glad that we''re spending money on our own players, I''d guess the extra 4 million that we will get from being in the Championship is the answer to your question.

The usual annual decor theme change - including new plush carpets and also crockery and cutlery replacements in the club restaurants - have all been put on hold.....and the upgrading of the cooking ranges have also been put on the back-burner.

That''s £25 million zillion pounds saved already.....

Once we''ve got rid of the golf cart taxis used exclusively to ferry Norfolk''s blue-blooded shootin'' an'' a huntin'' gin sozzled exceptionally idle affluent sofa kings and queens from the club car-park to their pews and back.......

We''ll then, be able to afford Kaka.....  

And they''ve got rid of the faxes - everyone can scan into pdf documents now so no faxes requried - saves a bundle!!!

There isn''t any extra money.We have spent approx a couple of million or so.  Something that a promoted club with aspirations aiming at the play-offs or beyond needs to spend if they are serious and not all talk.The board really have little choice but to spend that kind of money at the moment.  We have a good young manager who will not hang around for long if his plans are not backed in the transfer market.

4 million from promotion, 2 million from parachute payments from WBA and Newcastle. Season ticket price rise and more season tickets is probably worth a million. Getting rid of Cureton, Doc and Russell all probably on 7k a week as an average. That saves circa a million. That is 8 million extra that we didnt have last season. I know we suspended loan payments last year so that will no start again probably taking up a large amount of that money.

Transfer fees- Jackson 600k

Surman 600k

Crofts  400k

Fox 100k

Ruddy 500k. Rough but realisitc figures totalling 2.2million.

The freebies wont have cost a transfer fee but signing on fees are usually massive for free transfers, trust me ludacris from my Dads friends who were Pros. That could well be up to 500k again possibly more depending on agents fees etc.

I think we could of afforded Forster despite Lambert saying finnance dictate its just that he didnt want to spend a lot of his budget on a loan player for one year.

There is more money aswell, you did get Ewan Chester unless you are willing to back him and spend.

Thats correct penguin but I don''t think we receive as much as £4m extra from promotion and I definately know we don''t get £2m in parachute payments from WBA & Newcastle going straight back up, it''s less than £1m but it all adds up and adds to Lambert''s playing budget this season.

I think I may have read (dont ask me where) that the value of the extra income of being promoted this season (including WBA & Newcastle parachute payments) was 4 million, total.

We have more money than we let on!

Silly to say you''ve got money cause then transfer fees go up and players start asking for more!

Also the fact we have a decent young manager who is very similar to Martin O Neil. Look what happened when Chase wouldn''t back him!

[quote user="City penguin"]

4 million from promotion, 2 million from parachute payments from WBA and Newcastle. Season ticket price rise and more season tickets is probably worth a million. Getting rid of Cureton, Doc and Russell all probably on 7k a week as an average. That saves circa a million. That is 8 million extra that we didnt have last season. I know we suspended loan payments last year so that will no start again probably taking up a large amount of that money.

Transfer fees- Jackson 600k

Surman 600k

Crofts  400k

Fox 100k

Ruddy 500k. Rough but realisitc figures totalling 2.2million.

The freebies wont have cost a transfer fee but signing on fees are usually massive for free transfers, trust me ludacris from my Dads friends who were Pros. That could well be up to 500k again possibly more depending on agents fees etc.

Don''t forget we have also spent at least 500k on the additional seats.

I think we could of afforded Forster despite Lambert saying finnance dictate its just that he didnt want to spend a lot of his budget on a loan player for one year.

There is more money aswell, you did get Ewan Chester unless you are willing to back him and spend.

[/quote]

Plus the money we had put aside just incase we didn''t go up.

Lambert spent wisely last season and was actually given a fighting chance by Gunn in terms of squad numbers.

Nelson, Wiggins, Askou, Maric, McVeigh and Tudor-Jones were free. Then you had Theo, Gill, Whaley, Holt who cost some money but not much.

Lambert added Whitbread, Johnson, R. Martin and the loans of Forster, Rose and Elliot.

Again those signing were reportedly quite nominal.

Since January he has axed/lost: Russell (high), Doherty(high), Cureton(high), Otsemobor(medium), Maric(medium), Whaley(medium), McVeigh(medium/small) and Theo(medium).

I think Gill and Tudor-Jones are probably not on that much otherwise we would be shipping them out quicker than it looks as though we are at the moment.

You look at what has gone and you will see we have saved quite a bit of money. Plus we have sold Spillane. Plus the money the extra seats will boost us up by, plus any money the board have thrown into the pot.

The thing is with this summer it is the first time Lambert has had a chance to really try and put together a team of the players he rates. At the moment they are all quite young, this obviously has serious long term advantages in that if they do well for us and honour their contracts we will have the core of a team for a good few years to come. This means the money we do have to spend can be used to prise bigger targets away from other teams. If they do really well and we dont get promoted then other teams may come knocking but at least we will still be able to demand a bigger fee for them.

[quote user="promotion bound"]With all the signings we have made, which all require signing on fees, extra wages etc, with some even involving a fee, just curious where all the money has come from? [/quote]Every time ''Nana makes a pointless post, Delia puts £10 in the kitty.

"Perhaps for the first time in my memory Norwich are going to give it a

go and take a chance"you must have the memory of a goldfish !