Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Jackson signs

Doesn''t say anything about Cody getting loaned, still that loose rumour end to tie up.

Its on the offy site, 2 year deal, 1 year option, undisclosed fee again and hes already flying out to join up with the rest of the squad.  Decent...

Apologies if I am being stupid here, but what does the 1 year option mean?

Does this mean he can sign for another year whenever he likes should he want to, or if his 2 year contract ran out we would still generate a possible fee should he move elsewhere, or something completely different?

I am most probably missing an obvious answer, but I dont understand how the 1 year option is any better for us than a plain 2 year contract?

I think the option is the club''s to take, they can decide at whatever point to extend the contract by a further year. It''s a less-risky option than a straight 3 year deal and incentivises the player to do well enough to get the extension.

Totally right, Alan Grey. I''m pleased that it''s now final and am looking forward to seeing if Jackson can do what he did for Gillingham with us. If he can show some of the form and class he''s shown for them, he could be a bargain.

[quote user="morty"]Doesn''t say anything about Cody getting loaned, still that loose rumour end to tie up.
[/quote]

It does, look to the right and in the other news bit it says about Cody on season long loan [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Doesn''t say anything about Cody getting loaned, still that loose rumour end to tie up.[/quote]

It does, look to the right and in the other news bit it says about Cody on season long loan [:D]

[/quote]I saw now, ta.[:)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWsYS6ixtgI find the Gillingham managers comments from 1:05 onwards interesting, with us having arguably the best passers and readers of the game outside the Premier League in Hoolahan and Surman, with Holt, Chris Martin, and Fox non too shabby either.And going by Gillingham fans comments, they said he was never really allowed to hit his best form there without a target man accompanying him, whilst often played alone at the top of a 4-5-1 formation. In Holt they don''t really come any better outside the top tier, and his presence allowed Martin and Hoolahan to flourish to the full extent last season, gathering a very impressive assist rate, so i should imagine Jackson will follow to profit on Grant in the same vain that Martin and Wes did.

CITY can this evening confirm the signing of Gillingham striker

Simeon Jackson. The 23-year-old Canadian international has joined the

Canaries for an undisclosed fee on a two-year contract, with the Club

having a further one-year option.

Jackson had become one of the most sought-after players outside the

top two divisions after topping the goalscoring charts at the

Priestfield Stadium for the past two seasons.

Recruited by the Kent club from non-league Rushden & Diamonds,

Jackson hit 21 goals in all competitions in 2008-09 as Gillingham won

promotion from League Two via the play-offs. Jackson was very much the

hero of the Gills'' play-off success - he scored both goals in a 2-1

semi-final victory over Rochdale and then proceeded to score the only

goal of the game at Wembley as the Gills sealed their elevation to

League One at the expense of Grant Holt''s Shrewsbury Town.

Despite Gillingham''s swift return to League Two, Jackson still

notched 16 league goals last season as the club battled to maintain

League One status. He also scored his first international goal as Canada

triumphed 1-0 away to Cyprus in an international friendly fixture.

Jackson has already flown out to join his new team-mates at their

German training camp.

City boss Paul Lambert exclusively told First News: "I''m delighted to

have Simeon at the Football Club, he''ll be a great addition to the

squad and will put pressure on the other lads.

"He''s a goalscorer, scored loads of goals for Gillingham the last two

seasons and is an international striker.

"We first saw him at Rushden & Diamonds, where his goalscoring

record was brilliant and obviously came up against him last season when

he was at Gillingham."

So, when Jackson sets the Championship alight by scoring a shed-load of goals from August up to Christmas.....He''ll then be gone for a tidy sum to a Premiership club in the January sales....FACT!

(that''s probably, the option)....Then I''ll dust down my trusty BooBooZela and......

"BOOO!...JACKSON''S A JUDAS! ARE YOU BECKFORD IN DISGUISE? BOOO!"

Just realised, we''ve got Gillingham in the cup 2nd game in..Jackson vs McDonald.. reversed!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Doesn''t say anything about Cody getting loaned, still that loose rumour end to tie up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw now, ta.

[:)]
[/quote]

Welcome [:D]

[quote user="CT"][IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/01_Simeon_Jackson_c_767960a.jpg[/IMG]

After finding out he''d officially joined Norwich City, Simeon went crazy![/quote]

[IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/01_Simeon_Jackson_c_767960a.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Lineo"]Just realised, we''ve got Gillingham in the cup 2nd game in..

Jackson vs McDonald.. reversed!
[/quote]I would have expected both clubs insisted both players were blocked for this.