Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Jackson signs

[quote user="morty"]Don''t want to be a forum Nazi, but I will be anyway.

This link has been posted in, and discussed in, every single one of the 42 Jackson threads already lol.
[/quote]

Good man.

With the lack of moderation on here, those of you with thousands of insightful posts to your name need to take control. It starts with multiple threads on the same subject but before too long it''ll be complete anarchy.

Stamp it out I say!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

Of goal.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwe84PKNdMc

This is of his 25 goals in his 1st 2 seasons,and there is corkers! ..The 3rd or 4th goal at leeds, he beats 4 players,ands rounds the keeper..and later he scores some crackers from outside the box,including a superb volley and  one where he eats a player on the wing(he can certainly tackle and dribble!),and then as the keeper starts to come to him,sends over a perfect lob!..He also scores a lot of headed goals too,beating centre halves! ..and on top of that,he has got aggression in the 6yrd box as well,scoring goals..And one of the comments states this is out of date,and he has scored better since!

[/quote]

Is that strictly within the spirit of the game? A yellow card at least!
[/quote]

The game has gone too soft. In the 1970''s you could eat a players liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti, and get a telling off at best from the ref.
[/quote]

lol..after watching the world cup final on sunday,you probably still could in Holland!

[quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Bogbrush"]Nowhere near as exciting as Gunn''s signing of Holt, what an inspired signing that turned out to be. Jackson seems to have potential but if he''s that good, I''m surprised that he spent years at Rushden and Diamonds. However, "in Lambert we trust" so I''m confident that Jackson will turn out to be every bit as effective and successful as Holt has been.[/quote]

Maybe be because he played for them between the age of 17 - 21.

[/quote]

Exactly my point. That''s the age range when talent normally shines through and in a league which is frequented by scuts but no one took a chance on him until Gillingham came in for him. One good season in league One doesn''t mean very much - look at Cureton, golden boot award in the Champiionship and then a complete flop after that at Norwich.[/quote]He scored loads when the Gills were promoted the previous season, including their winner in the play-off final at Wembley.  He also got a couple of good goals when the Gills played West Ham in the League Cup I think it was.  You Sir are talking out of your rear end!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwe84PKNdMc

This was his 1st 4 goals, and his 20 goals the following season,not last seasons though..Which some poster says,he scored even better goals!

His 3rd or4th goal at leeds,was real class...in from the wing,beats 3/4 players and rounds keeper!..And later in his 2nd season,there is a superb goal,where he beats a defender,then from edge of area,lobs the keeper inch perfect..A bullet volley from 20 yrds and beats centre halves to head quite a few as well!

LOVING THIS GUY! ..Wanted him from may on my wish list,and only Danny green left on it :):):):)

[/quote]I have wanted him for approx 18 months now (Jackson and Rickie Lambert were the two main names on my shopping list the season that we were relegated).I think that Lambert will get the best out of him and with his fiery nature I believe that he has the potential to score at the highest level!

[quote user="Liam - NCFC"]

This time last year Simeon Jackson was tipped for the top by all the pundits, and with a host of Premier League teams interested in him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gillingham/8388762.stm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5704528,00.html

If he was worth in excess of £1.5m last season, and now has experience (and goals) at a higher level, £600k would seem very reasonable.

[/quote]

Didnt know that..I was excited about this guy in may,after that utube tribute..The more i hear about this guy the more im loving it!

[quote user="Liam - NCFC"]

This time last year Simeon Jackson was tipped for the top by all the pundits, and with a host of Premier League teams interested in him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gillingham/8388762.stm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5704528,00.html

If he was worth in excess of £1.5m last season, and now has experience (and goals) at a higher level, £600k would seem very reasonable.

[/quote]Very well said... [Y]I have pointed out many times on here over the last couple of months that Leicester and others were looking to prise him away from the Gills on a £1 million plus deal.I believe they all pulled out of negotiations with the Gills when they demanded £1.5 million for him.Of course our fee could rise to £1 million with add ons etc, but still well worth it in my opinion!

[quote user="John"][quote user="Bogbrush"]Nowhere near as exciting as Gunn''s signing of Holt, what an inspired signing that turned out to be. Jackson seems to have potential but if he''s that good, I''m surprised that he spent years at Rushden and Diamonds. However, "in Lambert we trust" so I''m confident that Jackson will turn out to be every bit as effective and successful as Holt has been.[/quote]

By the same token Holt had only just left the non-leagues at Jacksons age, and hadn''t yet as much as scored a single league goal.

Personally, i''m far more excited with this signing now than when we signed Holt, but he well surpassed my (and everyone else''s) expectations. Excitement isn''t a measure for how well a player will do, and we''re often far too ignorant to the truth of the matter to let it be, so don''t by any means let it have you prejudge any player.
[/quote]

Good point..Honestly watching that 1st tribute on utube, on some of those goals,he reminds me of Ian Wright,and the goal against leeds,and that one against that team in mud orange,reminded me of Defoe! ..Time will tell if he can do it at the highest level :) .. Most other fans at other clubs had him on their rader last year..This one passed me by..

Just hope the #### moaners dont jump on our new signings back after 1 game! ..Let the lads settle in  first,then judge after at least 10 games..some will settle eralier,some later

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Bogbrush"]Nowhere near as exciting as Gunn''s signing of Holt, what an inspired signing that turned out to be. Jackson seems to have potential but if he''s that good, I''m surprised that he spent years at Rushden and Diamonds. However, "in Lambert we trust" so I''m confident that Jackson will turn out to be every bit as effective and successful as Holt has been.[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly my point. That''s the age range when talent normally shines through and in a league which is frequented by scuts but no one took a chance on him until Gillingham came in for him. One good season in league One doesn''t mean very much - look at Cureton, golden boot award in the Champiionship and then a complete flop after that at Norwich.[/quote]He scored loads when the Gills were promoted the previous season, including their winner in the play-off final at Wembley.  He also got a couple of good goals when the Gills played West Ham in the League Cup I think it was.  You Sir are talking out of your rear end![/quote]I agree with you Smudger [:O]Jackson had a brilliant season the one before last, and was being touted as a cert for a move to the Prem.  If I remember right he was heavily linked with Everton?Even last season he scored 17 goals for a club that were relegated.  That is no mean feat.I will reserve judgment on this because I struggle to see where he will fit in at the moment, I mean I assume we will go with Martin and Holt because of the goals they scored last season.  Will Jackson be happy to sit on the bench?  I don''t think so somehow.  It''s going to be interesting season with a lot of competition for places in the team, which I guess can only be a good thing.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

Exactly my point. That''s the age range when talent normally shines through and in a league which is frequented by scuts but no one took a chance on him until Gillingham came in for him. One good season in league One doesn''t mean very much - look at Cureton, golden boot award in the Champiionship and then a complete flop after that at Norwich.[/quote]He scored loads when the Gills were promoted the previous season, including their winner in the play-off final at Wembley.  He also got a couple of good goals when the Gills played West Ham in the League Cup I think it was.  You Sir are talking out of your rear end![/quote]I agree with you Smudger [:O]Jackson had a brilliant season the one before last, and was being touted as a cert for a move to the Prem.  If I remember right he was heavily linked with Everton?Even last season he scored 17 goals for a club that were relegated.  That is no mean feat.I will reserve judgment on this because I struggle to see where he will fit in at the moment, I mean I assume we will go with Martin and Holt because of the goals they scored last season.  Will Jackson be happy to sit on the bench?  I don''t think so somehow.  It''s going to be interesting season with a lot of competition for places in the team, which I guess can only be a good thing.[/quote]Spot on mate... [Y]If only we could have gone in to every season over the last 20 years or so, having 3 strkers who we were pretty confident could get 15 to 20 goals if played regularly in the squad.We may have even added a major honour to our name during that time if that was the case!

The guy that scored the goal to gain Gillingham promotion to League One and keep Shrewsbury in League Two may be signing,I bet Holt will give him a bit of stick, he was playing!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwe84PKNdMc

This was his 1st 4 goals, and his 20 goals the following season,not last seasons though..Which some poster says,he scored even better goals!

His 3rd or4th goal at leeds,was real class...in from the wing,beats 3/4 players and rounds keeper!..And later in his 2nd season,there is a superb goal,where he beats a defender,then from edge of area,lobs the keeper inch perfect..A bullet volley from 20 yrds and beats centre halves to head quite a few as well!

LOVING THIS GUY! ..Wanted him from may on my wish list,and only Danny green left on it :):):):)

[/quote]

I have wanted him for approx 18 months now (Jackson and Rickie Lambert were the two main names on my shopping list the season that we were relegated).

I think that Lambert will get the best out of him and with his fiery nature I believe that he has the potential to score at the highest level!
[/quote]

Smudger to become a scout for City!   Indeed you were suggesting him for some time,

[img]http://www.chicago-l.org/stations/images/MilwaukeeDearbornSubway/jackson-NBsign1.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.stanford.edu/~jcolwell/DR/DR99/Jackson.Sign1.jpeg[/img][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/12/Stonewall_Jackson_Hotel_sign.jpg/250px-Stonewall_Jackson_Hotel_sign.jpg[/img]

If Jackson hadn''t scored in the play-off final, & Shrewsbury had won, I''d doubt either of them (Jackson or Holt) would be here.

Holt would have probably stayed at Shrewsbury a year longer, and we may well have been too rooted in League One by now without his (Holt''s goals) to get Jackson in!

Evening canaries. I can only echo the sentiments of the post by the other gills fan on here. I think this is a good deal for all involved. 600k is a fair price and i like what I have heard/ seen of mcdonald and him being a local kent boy and all. Jackson is very much a confidence player, he will miss the occasional few. If Lambert works on his finishing he will be a very good championship striker. Very effective in big games he scored two in the league 2 playoff semi''s and of course the winner at wembley last year, as well as goals in cup games v Villa and blackburn,   It was clear jackson was set on a move halfway through last season. He, like many other players, was treated poorly be stimson. He had a blistering start last year scoring 14 goals by christmas, but then got injured towards the end of the season and then subsequently dropped seemingly because he had been injured. (thats stimson for you!) For someone who scored 15-20 goals in his 2 seasons here he wasn''t loved as he should have been, but was always appreciated. I hope he does well for you. 

Not bad Chopsy. Not up to your usual standard though. Or as good as the "Ruddy signs" :)

Davo

[quote user="Mister Chops"][img]http://www.chicago-l.org/stations/images/MilwaukeeDearbornSubway/jackson-NBsign1.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.stanford.edu/~jcolwell/DR/DR99/Jackson.Sign1.jpeg[/img][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/12/Stonewall_Jackson_Hotel_sign.jpg/250px-Stonewall_Jackson_Hotel_sign.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Ive actually driven past that top sign! if anyone thought Norfolk was lightyears behind, then that town makes Norwich look like London

[quote user="Brian Badonde I "]

very clever john

[/quote]I have no self-respect.Though it''s comforting to know Chopsy can more than probably empathise with that. [;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Smudger"]You Sir are talking out of your rear end![/quote]

What do you expect from a Bogbrush?

[/quote]haha trust you Tangy! [:D]