Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Simon Whaley

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but just saw this on Sky Sports site.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12028_6262053,00.html

Seems quite desperate to get to any club.

Gutted for him. When we signed him I was delighted. Always thought he was a real threat at Preston and he never got a decent chance to prove himself here.

Lambert knows his stuff though and if successive other managers have chosen not to pick him up there has to be very good reason. Maybe a one trick pony that got found out?

[quote user="Canary02 IV"]Gutted for him. When we signed him I was delighted. Always thought he was a real threat at Preston and he never got a decent chance to prove himself here. Lambert knows his stuff though and if successive other managers have chosen not to pick him up there has to be very good reason. Maybe a one trick pony that got found out?[/quote]

There IS a very good reason Lambert and successive other managers have chosen not to pick him up.  The guy is utter plop

When we signed Wahayley I got a Facebook message from a friend of mine who''s PNE season ticket holder who couldn''t hide his excitement and joy and mirth at getting rid, he said he''ll run in circles all day long, just don''t expect him to do owt at any point. He was right. I don''t have Gills fan friends though...

I watched him play for Bury last Saturday in a friendly against Burnley. He had one good moment but other than that was rubbish. He looks very out of condition. It didn''t help he was being played out of position but thats no excuse. The Bury fans were pleased to see him back there as he had been good for them in the past and all seemed to be hoping for him to do well but were left disappointed. He''s not been signed up by them and is no longer on trial there. Given how few decent players they have there at the moment I think that says a lot.

I will hold my hands up and say that Whaley was the signing I was most excited about last season. I really thought he could be our joker at league 1 level because he had done well at Championship level and there were even Premier League clubs looking at him at one stage. I didn''t see the 7-1 game but I thought in the Johnstone''s Paint ties and in the league cup against Sunderland he looked abysmal (as did OTJ that night). It seems like his career is in a tailspin at the moment and he might have to drop into non league football for a while. But I think we''ll see him the football league again because there is talent there.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I will hold my hands up and say that Whaley was the signing I was most excited about last season. I really thought he could be our joker at league 1 level because he had done well at Championship level and there were even Premier League clubs looking at him at one stage. I didn''t see the 7-1 game but I thought in the Johnstone''s Paint ties and in the league cup against Sunderland he looked abysmal (as did OTJ that night). It seems like his career is in a tailspin at the moment and he might have to drop into non league football for a while. But I think we''ll see him the football league again because there is talent there.[/quote]

I understand theres an attitude problem - whatever talent was there was undermined when he failed to comply with Lamberts ideas. I guess he didn''t register when Lambert set out his stall - no place for two big opinions, especially if Lambert is right.

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

a very good reason Lambert and successive other managers have chosen not to pick him up.  The guy is utter plop

[/quote]

Spot on sir [Y]

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I will hold my hands up and say that Whaley was the signing I was most excited about last season. I really thought he could be our joker at league 1 level because he had done well at Championship level and there were even Premier League clubs looking at him at one stage. I didn''t see the 7-1 game but I thought in the Johnstone''s Paint ties and in the league cup against Sunderland he looked abysmal (as did OTJ that night). It seems like his career is in a tailspin at the moment and he might have to drop into non league football for a while. But I think we''ll see him the football league again because there is talent there.[/quote]

I understand theres an attitude problem - whatever talent was there was undermined when he failed to comply with Lamberts ideas. I guess he didn''t register when Lambert set out his stall - no place for two big opinions, especially if Lambert is right.

[/quote]

Agreed on the point about attitude. Seems to have major lack of self belief and confidence. Preston fans said he was very hot and cold as a result. I think it was obvious that he never really wanted to move to East Anglia in the first place as well and wanted to stay in the North West.