Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

NOW VERY HAPPY!!!

[quote user="First Jedi"]McNally will never score as much as Hucks...[/quote]

From what the Pr## chairman of col utd said, i think McNallly would bribe the ref! :)

I do miss Doomcaster''s articles in the EDP, though. What joyous pieces of erudition they were. I would spend the following week in a reverie of pure ecstasy after digesting the great man''s words!

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I do miss Doomcaster''s articles in the EDP, though. What joyous pieces of erudition they were. I would spend the following week in a reverie of pure ecstasy after digesting the great man''s words![/quote]

Probably a big hit in Scotland..They love a bit of prudence up there!

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I do miss Doomcaster''s articles in the EDP, though. What joyous pieces of erudition they were. I would spend the following week in a reverie of pure ecstasy after digesting the great man''s words![/quote]

Then I would rip the page up and hang it in the loo

They used to list links to his previous columns underneath his latest one and i remember scanning through them once and the headline of each one was negative- "We can`t compete with parachute millions", "We can`t do a Gretna" etc.,etc.  Thank god that dark cloud was eventually lifted from our club.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="First Jedi"]McNally will never score as much as Hucks...[/quote]

Probably not as Hucks was a bit special.

But I believe DM did play for Bromsgrove Rovers so he must have been pretty good.......
[/quote]Bromsgrove Rovers! Who are they?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Or dive... ;)"

Or look as sexy! ;)[/quote]Coincidentally I just saw Mr Huckerby outside City Hall and he was wearing a distinctly badly matching greyish suit jacket with dark blue jeans and black shoes. Really was a bad get up. Cracking hair though.

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="First Jedi"]McNally will never score as much as Hucks...[/quote]Probably not as Hucks was a bit special.But I believe DM did play for Bromsgrove Rovers so he must have been pretty good.......[/quote]Bromsgrove Rovers! Who are they?[/quote]They''re from a town near Birmingham and now play in the Southern League.They are older than City, formed in 1885, but their best period was probably like ours, the early 1990''s, when they finished second to Wycombe Wanderers in the Conference in 1992/3 and reached the 3rd Round of the FA Cup the following season.They''ve never been a Football League club but they play at a good amateur standard so David McNally must have been a useful player in his time.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="First Jedi"]McNally will never score as much as Hucks...[/quote]

Probably not as Hucks was a bit special.

But I believe DM did play for Bromsgrove Rovers so he must have been pretty good.......
[/quote]

no he wasn''t we just had very little other quality players

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="First Jedi"]McNally will never score as much as Hucks...[/quote]Probably not as Hucks was a bit special.But I believe DM did play for Bromsgrove Rovers so he must have been pretty good.......[/quote]

[/quote]Nana, I have seen you say a few stupid things in your time......

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="First Jedi"]McNally will never score as much as Hucks...[/quote]Probably not as Hucks was a bit special.But I believe DM did play for Bromsgrove Rovers so he must have been pretty good.......[/quote]

[/quote]You mean "...very few other quality players" don''t you? Or are you saying that the stars of our squad were short in that era? Crouchy weren''t a titch were he now...