Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Crainie on his way...

Not sure when it will all be completed (I''d guess after we return from Germany?), but just been told by someone at Coventry City that a deal is close to being finalised...

Never start rumours on here (or anywhere) so let''s hope this doesn''t come back to bite me!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Not sure when it will all be completed (I''d guess after we return from Germany?), but just been told by someone at Coventry City that a deal is close to being finalised...

Never start rumours on here (or anywhere) so let''s hope this doesn''t come back to bite me![/quote]Someone actually who works for Coventry City, or someone who posts on their message board?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]im going to go with this and believe it. Although you better get running if your wrong![/quote]

And I thought a banana was a soft fruit[;)]

only been there a year and rated by Coleman, maybe now he has gone cranie wants to move on?

http://www.football.co.uk/coventry_city/sky_blues_swoop_for_cranie_290753.shtml

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]im going to go with this and believe it. Although you better get running if your wrong![/quote]

And I thought a banana was a soft fruit[;)]

[/quote]

[:P]

Well in that case banana, I hope there are no hiccoughs in the deal that puts a stop to it!

I don''t profess to having ''sources'' at every club (least of all Norwich, where I don''t have a clue!) but I do know someone at Coventry so...

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="I am a Banana"]im going to go with this and believe it. Although you better get running if your wrong![/quote]And I thought a banana was a soft fruit[;)][/quote]Not when they''re green..............

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Not sure when it will all be completed (I''d guess after we return from Germany?), but just been told by someone at Coventry City that a deal is close to being finalised... Never start rumours on here (or anywhere) so let''s hope this doesn''t come back to bite me![/quote]

Was this your source by any chance ? ( dodgy rumours site )

15 Jul 2010 23:48:30
Norwich City haven''t quite finished with their transfer dealings for the summer! Have heard from an ex–player who is currently a scout that a fee of £350,000 has been agreed to bring Martin Craine to the club from Coventry.
Also, expect Dagenham & Redbridge winger Danny Green to sign as he has been to have a look around the club today with the chief executive. Have no idea of the fee on this one though.

Herecomesthetruth

Really hope we are not going to spoil the broth cooked up from last year! ...5 gives it that extra flavour,6 is pushing it,7,will only work with a top chef (which we got),but 8! Hmmm

Several site''s Coventry''s end running this rumour now.....

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/cranie_off_to_norwich_537936/index.shtml

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/football-rumours-gossip/2010/07/16/norwich-city-planning-second-swoop-on-coventry-city-92746-26867801/?

Hopefully there''s something to it. In my opinion that''ll leave us just a RW short of top 6 squad.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Not sure when it will all be completed (I''d guess after we return from Germany?), but just been told by someone at Coventry City that a deal is close to being finalised... Never start rumours on here (or anywhere) so let''s hope this doesn''t come back to bite me![/quote]

15 Jul 2010 23:48:30
Norwich City haven''t quite finished with their transfer dealings for the summer! Have heard from an ex–player who is currently a scout that a fee of £350,000 has been agreed to bring Martin Craine to the club from Coventry.
Also, expect Dagenham & Redbridge winger Danny Green to sign as he has been to have a look around the club today with the chief executive. Have no idea of the fee on this one though.

Herecomesthetruth

[/quote]

But am I right in saying if you can get on the site,you can write what you like, and they print it, Can''t see this happening at all  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

15 Jul 2010 23:48:30Norwich City haven''t quite finished with their transfer dealings for the summer! Have heard from an ex–player who is currently a scout that a fee of £350,000 has been agreed to bring Martin Craine to the club from Coventry.Also, expect Dagenham & Redbridge winger Danny Green to sign as he has been to have a look around the club today with the chief executive. Have no idea of the fee on this one though.Herecomesthetruth

[/quote]

But am I right in saying if you can get on the site,you can write what you like, and they print it, Can''t see this happening at all  

[/quote]Coventry Telegraph reporting it but only from a page of rumours on the betfair website....

when theres this many rumors doing the rounds from numerous sources it normally means theirs some truth in it. He fits the bill aswell. 23 years old we need a RB, championship experience and plays the game properly.

[quote user="First Wizard"]But why would we need him?[/quote]Because we have 1 recognised experienced right back, who in most people opinions is naff

My main problem with this is the fact that we have signed so many players already, certainly more than I expected, surely the transfer kitty must be close to empty by now?

[quote user="morty"]My main problem with this is the fact that we have signed so many players already, certainly more than I expected, surely the transfer kitty must be close to empty by now?
[/quote]

maybe thats what they want us to think :D

[quote user="City penguin"]

[quote user="morty"]My main problem with this is the fact that we have signed so many players already, certainly more than I expected, surely the transfer kitty must be close to empty by now?[/quote]

maybe thats what they want us to think :D

[/quote]Possibly, but they''re stretching it a player or two too far now lol.I think we can get by without another right back, it would be nice to have another one, but it would also be nice to hold a bit of cash back for January, just in case.

[quote user="Daphne "]wasn''t Cranie part of Southampton''s academy side that also included Andrew Surman?[/quote]Yes they won the Premier Academy League in 2004 and were runners up to Ipswich in the youth cup in 2005, the side also contained Matt Mills(Donny) who left for Man City when Cranie left for Pompey, Dexter Blackstock(Forest), Leon Best(Newcastle) with Gareth Bale & Theo Walcott occassionally playing 2 years up.

Just watched an interview with Lambert on Canaries World.Seemed to indicate that there is very little, if anything in the offing on the transfer front. Gave the impression that all the targets Norwich had planned for this window had been acquired, though should circumstance in the future permit, something more could happen. But rather than saying we might be in for someone, he casually compounded what he said with the ol'' "no one can predict what will happen in the future" comment.Can''t see Cranie or Danny Green coming personally.

[quote user="John"]Just watched an interview with Lambert on Canaries World.

Seemed to indicate that there is very little, if anything in the offing on the transfer front. Gave the impression that all the targets Norwich had planned for this window had been acquired, though should circumstance in the future permit, something more could happen. But rather than saying we might be in for someone, he casually compounded what he said with the ol'' "no one can predict what will happen in the future" comment.

Can''t see Cranie or Danny Green coming personally.
[/quote]

As I''ve said before, I can''t see anyone coming in unless we can offload someone. I also agree with morty that if we do have a little left over it is probably best left for January.