Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Bryan Gunns signings RIP!

1 Michael Theoklitos - Gone!

2 Matthew Gill - Left behind from training camp in Germany, more than likely out the door...

3 Michael Nelson - Played a big part last season but looks likely he may have to settle for being a squad player this time....

4 Owain Tudur-Jones - Same as Gill....

5 Goran Maric - Was he ever here?!?!

6 Simon Whaley - Is he still a professional!?

7 Jens Berthel Askou - No invite to Germany, not part of Lamberts plans?!

8 Rhoys Wiggins - Lost without trace.....

9 Stephen Hughes - Bit part player last season due to injuries (good player IMO), but will he be in the starting 11 this year?

10 - Grant Holt - Success, say no more!

So out of 10 players signed by Mr B Gunn it looks likely Grant Holt will be the only starter on the first day of this season and thats not to mention Bryans time as Head Scout!, thank god McNally/Bowkett/Lambert came to this club.......

[quote user="Gazza"]

1 Michael Theoklitos - Gone!

2 Matthew Gill - Left behind from training camp in Germany, more than likely out the door...

3 Michael Nelson - Played a big part last season but looks likely he may have to settle for being a squad player this time....

4 Owain Tudur-Jones - Same as Gill....

5 Goran Maric - Was he ever here?!?!

6 Simon Whaley - Is he still a professional!?

7 Jens Berthel Askou - No invite to Germany, not part of Lamberts plans?!

8 Rhoys Wiggins - Lost without trace.....

9 Stephen Hughes - Bit part player last season due to injuries (good player IMO), but will he be in the starting 11 this year?

10 - Grant Holt - Success, say no more!

So out of 10 players signed by Mr B Gunn it looks likely Grant Holt will be the only starter on the first day of this season and thats not to mention Bryans time as Head Scout!, thank god McNally/Bowkett/Lambert came to this club.......

[/quote]

Are those footsteps I hear in the distance BobFranklin/ Alf Tupper by any chance......[;)]

Gill and OTJ i think are ok midfiders, never got a chance, both looked ok......but no room for them anymore...I personally think Nelson should be partnering Ward against Watford, and if hes obviously out of his depth after 2/3 games maybe then bring in Whitbread/Askou....Askou will be here, Lambert said he only wanted one more player, Jackson, so we won''t get rid of Askou, as then we would only have 3 centre backs....and i hope Hughes doesn''t get into the first team, i think we have better players in Crofts, Fox, Surman, Smith, even Lappin.....Hughes is ok, i just don''t think hes as good as some people seem to think.....

I''ll be annoyed if Nelson isn''t starting against Watford cause he done a grand job last season, head and shoulders above Zak (Hes going to be wonderful, yet didn''t do  b uggerall last season!) Whitbread!

To many fans go on urban myths rather than actual performances on the pitch!

I hope that Whitbread turns out as good as what many are suggesting but at the moment this Whitbread apreciation society has no actual evidence from on pitch performance to back it up! 

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]I disagree Nelson and Hughes were a success as well as Holt.[/quote]

But a year later more than likely bit part players, from 10 signings a year ago to one being first choice just shows how bad a manager Gunn was....

[quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]I disagree Nelson and Hughes were a success as well as Holt.[/quote]

But a year later more than likely bit part players, from 10 signings a year ago to one being first choice just shows how bad a manager Gunn was....

[/quote]Uh-oh, you''ve said it now.....

You try and convince quality players to play in Division 1...He got us a competitive squad to challenge..He was over his head with him being a coach but give the guy a break he is still our legend.

To be fair, Gunn didn''t have a lot of money to throw around unlike Lambert, and Nelson was also a success, Theo was dropped far too soon because players with something to prove are often the best players in the long run, Gill would have been a success except we still had Russell, Tudur-Jones would have held our midfield together if we hadn''t had Gill who was covering for Russell, Whaley couldn''t settle in Norfolk because he was persecuted by racists, Maric was too good for League One and had to be let go because he kept embarrassing everyone else, Rhoys Wiggins has a phobia of the seaside and couldn''t settle in Norfolk, Askou was only kept out by Doherty which is ridiculous because Askou never gave away any free kicks around the box or penalties, and Stephen Hughes will make Andrew Surman look like Matty Pattison.  If we''d kept Gunn and not been so knee-jerk in getting rid of him then we would still have got promoted this year, probably in the playoff final which would have meant a trip to Wembley and an additional 50,000 ticket sales which Lambert deprived us of through poor planning.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]You try and convince quality players to play in Division 1...He got us a competitive squad to challenge..He was over his head with him being a coach but give the guy a break he is still our legend.
[/quote]

Only as a player and tainted his reputation by being the worst manager statistically in our history......

[quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]You try and convince quality players to play in Division 1...He got us a competitive squad to challenge..He was over his head with him being a coach but give the guy a break he is still our legend.[/quote]

Only as a player and tainted his reputation by being the worst manager statistically in our history......

[/quote]Got to stop you there....Jim Duffy P3 W0 D0 L3

[quote user="Mister Chops"]To be fair, Gunn didn''t have a lot of money to throw around unlike Lambert, and Nelson was also a success, Theo was dropped far too soon because players with something to prove are often the best players in the long run, Gill would have been a success except we still had Russell, Tudur-Jones would have held our midfield together if we hadn''t had Gill who was covering for Russell, Whaley couldn''t settle in Norfolk because he was persecuted by racists, Maric was too good for League One and had to be let go because he kept embarrassing everyone else, Rhoys Wiggins has a phobia of the seaside and couldn''t settle in Norfolk, Askou was only kept out by Doherty which is ridiculous because Askou never gave away any free kicks around the box or penalties, and Stephen Hughes will make Andrew Surman look like Matty Pattison.  If we''d kept Gunn and not been so knee-jerk in getting rid of him then we would still have got promoted this year, probably in the playoff final which would have meant a trip to Wembley and an additional 50,000 ticket sales which Lambert deprived us of through poor planning.

[/quote]

I got halfway through before realising you were joking [:D]

[quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

and 500 or so people told (voted) the club at the St Andrews Hall meeting (organised by NCISA. for the public)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]You try and convince quality players to play in Division 1...He got us a competitive squad to challenge..He was over his head with him being a coach but give the guy a break he is still our legend.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Got to stop you there....

Jim Duffy P3 W0 D0 L3

[/quote]

Oops! ;0)     Permanent manager....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]I disagree Nelson and Hughes were a success as well as Holt.[/quote]

But a year later more than likely bit part players, from 10 signings a year ago to one being first choice just shows how bad a manager Gunn was....[/quote]and 500 or so people told (voted) the club at the St Andrews Hall meeting (organised by NCISA. for the public)

[/quote]And the other 24,500 couldn''t be bothered![:|]

What about Cody? He was a Gunn signing.

Nelson rocks. He''s crap when the ball is rolled out to him by the keeper but towards the end of the season.....

I got his shirt off eBay from the MK Dons game and it''s got blood on it. Screw Terry Butcher! Nelson''s the real deal.

and the players he kept ..?

Martin ...?

Wes.....? did not the board want to sell wes ,and gunn wanted to keep him..?

Hughes..? thought he was good this season .

the 3 men Gunny either kept or brought in scored all our goals .

I rate lambert ... like every city fan .

But, what ever anyone thinks ..

gunny built a squad that was good enough to get us out of that division ,through a fluke result or bad tactic ..who knows ..?

we won away the next game 4-0.

rate the man or not ... he did not rip this squad apart like the loan ranger ,he re-built it without loan players on a small budget for a division city had not been in for 50 years.

great player for this club ...as a fan loved his nearly head-but the post,as he run onto the pitch .

As a manger ..not good enough through lack of experience and tactical knowledge..but as a city fan ,im glad the man played a part here ,and respect his guts.

I wont sit here and slate a man who has gone for it ,with odds stacked against him half way through a season with a team full of players from other clubs ,who could not be bothered.

Gunny bashing is a bit boring , and this man played for city a week after his daughter died , wind me up when people do not look at the bigger picture .

respect to the big man .

[quote user="singing canary"]sorry morty ..ive had a bad day as well mate[/quote]Lol, its fine.I''m not going to have the same debate that has been done to death 50 times already.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]I disagree Nelson and Hughes were a success as well as Holt.[/quote]

But a year later more than likely bit part players, from 10 signings a year ago to one being first choice just shows how bad a manager Gunn was....[/quote]and 500 or so people told (voted) the club at the St Andrews Hall meeting (organised by NCISA. for the public)

[/quote]And the other 24,500 couldn''t be bothered![:|][/quote]You voted though, didn''t you Lapps?Naughty dog!!! [&]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]I disagree Nelson and Hughes were a success as well as Holt.[/quote]

[/quote]And the other 24,500 couldn''t be bothered![:|][/quote]

You voted though, didn''t you Lapps?

Naughty dog!!! [&]
[/quote]

What a naughty dog!

That 500 was a good sample.....it wasn''t far out on the rebate issue.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]To be fair, Gunn didn''t have a lot of money to throw around unlike Lambert, and Nelson was also a success, Theo was dropped far too soon because players with something to prove are often the best players in the long run, Gill would have been a success except we still had Russell, Tudur-Jones would have held our midfield together if we hadn''t had Gill who was covering for Russell, Whaley couldn''t settle in Norfolk because he was persecuted by racists, Maric was too good for League One and had to be let go because he kept embarrassing everyone else, Rhoys Wiggins has a phobia of the seaside and couldn''t settle in Norfolk, Askou was only kept out by Doherty which is ridiculous because Askou never gave away any free kicks around the box or penalties, and Stephen Hughes will make Andrew Surman look like Matty Pattison.  If we''d kept Gunn and not been so knee-jerk in getting rid of him then we would still have got promoted this year, probably in the playoff final which would have meant a trip to Wembley and an additional 50,000 ticket sales which Lambert deprived us of through poor planning.

[/quote]

I got halfway through before realising you were joking [:D]

[/quote]Ha ha!!!