Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

the one player you cant wait to see play

mine is Steven Smith, ,

I think the lad will make the left back spot his own very very quickly, not that i dis like Adam Drury, i just think a 24 year old who has played 70 odd time''s for Rangers and a handful of Champions League games, must has a lot to give, I reckon he will be one of the bargains of the season.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]angus gunn-how much longer will this family leech off our club?[/quote]

What do you mean by ''leech off our club''?

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]He''ll never make the grade, they never do. It''s the old "manager''s son" curse. There has never been a decent player whose old man was a manager![/quote]Jamie Rednapp?  Not world class but definatly shuts you up ;P

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]He''ll never make the grade, they never do. It''s the old "manager''s son" curse. There has never been a decent player whose old man was a manager![/quote]

Redknap wasn''t bad!

Depends if your calling Bryan Gunn a ''Manager''

Jamie Redknapp, Nigel Clough, Jordi Cruyff Kasper Schmiechel all good players that had a manager as a dad

[quote user="CDMullins"]Depends if your calling Bryan Gunn a ''Manager'' Jamie Redknapp, Nigel Clough, Jordi Cruyff Kasper Schmiechel all good players that had a manager as a dad[/quote]

Who has Peter Schmeichel managed?

All three of them only got picked because their old man was in charge/the family name. Jordi Cruyff is the best example - he was useless! Although not as bad as Kevin Bond or Kenny Brown.

[quote user="CDMullins"]My bad. Still 3 perfectly good examples[/quote]

To be honest, I wouldn''t call Gunn a manager anyway.

I thought I''d missed something with Schmeichel, from what I saw of him as a player, I think he''d be a good manager

Me neither, thats why I questioned it!

Jordi Cruyff was an international footballer that played for United

All these players and managers, and not one mentioned Kevin Bond!

Anyway, to answer the question, im also looking forward to see how SS play. Yes he hes played many times for Rangers and in the Champions League, but the SPL isn''t as good as Championship standard IMO. IF he plays how he did in the SPL however, we may have just got an absolute bargain! Plus after all the hype, i''m looking forward to see if Surman really is as good as people are saying!

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]All three of them only got picked because their old man was in charge/the family name. Jordi Cruyff is the best example - he was useless! Although not as bad as Kevin Bond or Kenny Brown.[/quote]

I was wrong [:P]

Connor Wickham, to be honest and to see if all the fuss being made of him down the road is true or another myth in the Dean Bowditch mannner.

Big clubs, Arsenal and Spurs, are talking £10 million and he''s only seventeen, I believe.

I am split two ways about this boy. We are in need of a new major prospect at international level, but I do not  much like the idea of the latest prodigy coming from Ipswich.

Is he as good as they make out at Portman Road, or is it just wishful and deperate thinking?

Chris martin.

I reckon he will move up to the next level and more this season

(So do many others judging by the number who have put him as leading scorer in the predictions thread.)

Honestly? Of the new signings, probably Surman. Of the current bunch, Grant Holt. I''m looking forward to seeing him get stuck into Ipswich''s defence. It''s going to be a right laugh!

Andrew Surman.  If he can perform like he did for Southampton then we will have one of the best, if not the best, attacking player in the Championship.

I also think we will all be pleasently suprised by Andrew Crofts.

[quote user="CDMullins"]My bad. Still 3 perfectly good examples[/quote]

Warnock