Sign in to follow this  
Creasy

HELVEG ... read and leave your replies please

Ok i think everyone has heard about the current issues going on about Thomas Helveg at the moment and basically this is what I want to say and i want to hear your views as well.

I myself have like many people have a second nationality they follow in like World Cups and Euro''s e.g Brazil and stuff. My only other team i have liked is Denmark Since 1998 And Follow them quite alot. During 2002 World Cup i thought he played excellent and i was a great admirer of the player and is probly my favourite Danish Player and in the Euro''s i thought he was once again outstanding as i followed every match. Thomas is a man who according to the official statistical material from Euro 2004 was the best defender of all in the Championship .. which speaks for itself. When i heard we signed Helveg i was WOW!!. I could believe one of my favourite players i have followed for years has joined the my favourite club.

But only starting 3 games i dont think we have seen the real Thomas Helveg and cant judge him after that small amount of games. I am very disappointed at Worthington for not giving him chances in the last couple of games. Marc Edworthy has made a number of mistakes even conceding a penalty.. passes to opposition that has lead to them scoring and sometimes found in no mans land. Now if that was Helveg im sure he would be on the bench for a long time to come but for some reason he keeps sticking to Edworthy. What i say is Give Helveg a chance espeacially saturday .. We havent won yet and where can we go wrong, i think helveg if he starts will get us a win and i think its Helveg''s turn as Edworthy has made far too many mistakes and no one mentions it. To be honest i would be frustrated even as a very loyal and mad supporter of Norwich if i was in the same situation as Thomas.

Also i think everyone is been abit harsh on the guy, i mean he has ahrdly had time too prove himself, but what gets me more is that Edworthy is making mistake after mistake and nothing is happing when he have a better palyer and replacement on the bench !!. Thanks for your time.. tell me what you think

I agree Helveg needs to come into the fold again at right-back, if he doesn''t take the chance then no one can blame Worthy. Eddie''s been solid for a few games but Charlton was a mare for him, can''t recall us giving away any penalties so far this season though

worthy sees him play every day and obviously thinks that eddie is earning his place right now so its up to helveg to get it sorted not worthy.

i for one like the worthy philosophy of no matter who you are you have to prove that you are the best player in that position to keep it.

helveg has failed to impress so far and eddie apart from last week when everybody played crap has been superb

The problem now is that for NW if he picks Helveg then it looks like he''s caved in to pressure from Olsen and us lot. So I would not expect to see him start but at most on the bench with a view to a half time introduction.

we could possibly get a figure because we got him from AC milan, and they are so good they probably just offload many players for free. He is a bit old though so its hard to say

But Worthy thinking Eddie deserves his place just places another cloud over Worthys judgement. Eddie has cost us 5 points in the last two home games alone through poor position and ball watching (like the charlton 3rd goal) so its not just a one game mare that eddie has had.Eddie is clearly, like holt, one of his favourites - honest and extremely hard working but at this level that is simply not enough - we need more and Helveg has a record of giving more at a high level. Helveg has admitted to being tired after a major championship and not yet getting to grips with the pace of premiership football. He will not have lost his simple defensive ability and can offer our team a tremendous amount, but like many overseas players (Henry took 7 months to adjust to name one) needs that time. He will not adjust by warming his ar$e (sorry mods) on the subs bench.He may turn out to be the biggest turkey city has signed - however he needs games to show us what he can really deliver. God help us if Eddy is the best right back we have - we will not survive if he continues to defend like he has for the last half a dozen games.OTBC

OTBC