Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Does the season start too early?

Is it me, or does the season appear to start earlier and earlier.  We kick off the first week of August which I find a tad unfair. I (as many) are still on school holiday with the kids or, as in my case playing and watching the equally fab (to football) game of Cricket. There must be the same amount of weeks in the year to get the fixture list in but it seems very early to start the footy season or am I just a lover of Cricket and football that should sod off. :)Your thoughts please.

Make your choice ,you''ve got 3 months to run around in white trousers during the summer!.

and furthermore if it were up to me I would have the football season run from March to November with 5 p.m kick offs during June and July - that would push cricket even further from peoples thoughts!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Make your choice ,you''ve got 3 months to run around in white trousers during the summer!.

and furthermore if it were up to me I would have the football season run from March to November with 5 p.m kick offs during June and July - that would push cricket even further from peoples thoughts!

[/quote]Nasty evil Mr GJL! :)

It does seem to come round earlier every year and with the World Cup this summer I feel like the season effectively hasn''t ended. It''s worth considering that some players like Fabregas will have been playing football solidly for about three years by the end of this season due to the World Cup and Confederations Cup.

I think it should only stop for two weeks to allow people to go away on their hols, any longer than that just leads to boredom.