Sign in to follow this  
vkp-otbc

Stop getting carried away

We have a average championship squad. all this talk about promotion is nonsense. weve made some good signings, but i still think we will be a mid-table team next season, its going to take time to get back to the premiership and we need to be patient.

I dont think talk of promotion is nonsense, because any team finishing 6th or above come the end of the season has a shot at promotion - and I think we have a squad capable of finishing up there.

That said, we could easily finish as low as 12th or 14th (I dont think were gonna be any lower than that) but thats the championship for you, just look at Blackpool.

Interesting post. As ever, there is the general wave of optimism before the season starts, with only a few being more cautious.

Usually the bookies are pretty close, and this season they have us finishing in 8th place. It''s not just at Norwich though. Several of my friends that follow different clubs have the same positive outlook, at what superstars their relatively unknown new signings will become. Can''t wait for the season to start, just unsure whether to bring my vuvuzela to the Watford game!

[quote user="City penguin"]blackpool have given hope to all championship teams. Its unlikely we will do it but we certainly cant be ruled out.[/quote]

Totally agree, our squad is better than Blackpool''s, and if they can do it, why can''t we?

[quote user="vkp-otbc"]We have a average championship squad. all this talk about promotion is nonsense. weve made some good signings, but i still think we will be a mid-table team next season, its going to take time to get back to the premiership and we need to be patient.

[/quote]

Average?!?! How can you say that,we look strong in every position,maybe we need a right back but imo we have every reason to be optimistic about the new season,PL has made some very good signings and we will be pushing for top 6.[:)]

you need to look at some of the pedigree of the players we have signed ,and what we had.

keeper,touted at one point future England keeper.

Dury,needs no introduction really,smith played champions league .

ward Elliot ,surman,Wes.....

then the two lad who scored 60 goals between them .

with a manager know knows what he is doing .

All depends on how we play away from home. id expect us to have enough quality at home to turn over most sides.If PL plays overly defensive away from home then we may not hit the top 6, but of course if we set ourselves up with Jackson, mcNamee to play swift counter attacking football we could be more succesful away than at home (much like early 90s).No one can predict this league. It wont be as easy as League one, and our defending needs to improve massively or we are going to get trounced a few times.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Interesting post.... [/quote]

No it''s not.

[/quote]

Oh OK. Once again, I am in awe of your wonderful insite and debating skills. I''ll have to keep checking PinkUn for next chapter of your encyclopedic knowledge and foresite of all things Norwich City. 

It will be interesting to see how PL copes with managing at a higher level than he is used to. Average sides that play as a unit can achieve success, you only have to look at some of the Premier teams which are basically formed with Championship players. PL has improved a promoted side and we can score goals from many positions.

Having been at the Colchester 1-7 drubbing game and watching Germany in the WC there is a word which describe the style of play which PL seems to enjoy and around which he coaches his teams.

BLITZKRIEG!!!!!!.

HH

the reason we got relegated out of this league to start with ,is because clued up Roeder thought loan players were the answer .

Clearly having a team of players who do not know each other ,and how they play was a written invitation to disaster .

We have some good players ,and above all else strikers who know how to score goals .

this had been a missing ingredient for a fair while with Norwich ,until we signed Holt and gave Martin another go .

We have a quality team ,hence why some of the bookies have given us odds as little as 4-1 .

We have every chance of doing well ,and we have the players who want to fight for city .

The championship this season lacks the big hitters of last season. The clubs what have come down are weaker with two of them in a bit of difficulty.

You don''t have to be great in this division, just solid and consistent. Looking at the squad, it''s pretty strong and providing they gel and we have luck with injuries then I think we can be up there in the top six

[quote user="vkp-otbc"]We have a average championship squad. all this talk about promotion is nonsense. weve made some good signings, but i still think we will be a mid-table team next season, its going to take time to get back to the premiership and we need to be patient.

[/quote]The bones do not lie, we''re going up............believe.

[quote user="Delia Out"]Totally agree, our squad is better than Blackpool''s[/quote]If that was true then why are they in the Premier League and we''re not?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Delia Out"]Totally agree, our squad is better than Blackpool''s[/quote]
If that was true then why are they in the Premier League and we''re not?
[/quote]Bryan Gunn..............to David McNally = Paul Lambert.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Delia Out"]Totally agree, our squad is better than Blackpool''s[/quote]If that was true then why are they in the Premier League and we''re not?[/quote]Circumstance.

Yes please people! Whatever you do, don''t enjoy signing new players or look forward to the new season... I mean, it''s not why we are footie fans, after all!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Delia Out"]Totally agree, our squad is better than Blackpool''s[/quote]
If that was true then why are they in the Premier League and we''re not?
[/quote]

Worst, most pointless post ever wrote on this board!

In what way is that the "worst, most pointless post ever"?  (You''ve got more than a few contenders by the way.)

I''m sorry but they are better.  There''s not really any argument against that.

Sorry, but if you can''t get enthusiastic about your team and their chances for the coming season, whether it is justified or not, then football really isn''t for you.

To be honest graham right now I think id rather have our squad than Blackpools, that said I havent looked in detail at their squad

I think their argument stems from the idea of "if Blackpool can get promoted so can we" and I 100% agree with it

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]I think their argument stems from the idea of "if Blackpool can get promoted so can we" and I 100% agree with it[/quote]

That''s a perfectly reasonable idea.  But in football you''re always where you deserve to be.

while I do agree with that Graham, theres no doubting (imo anyway) that Blackpool were not the third best team in the CCC last season.

Which is why IMO you dont need to one of the best to gain promotion from the CCC, a bit of luck can be the difference between a 10th, 8th or 6th place finish, then luck and form from there can lead you to winning the playoffs (i.e Blackpool)

We seem to have spent more between seasons than for some time, and in some cases we have signed players who were wanted by other ambitious Championship clubs, for instance Surman and Jackson.

Can anyone doubt that our effective squad is larger and more able? We are stronger, we beat some useful sides in the first division by 9 points last year with our old squad.

Granted that the Champsionship will be a tougher challenge, but with nearly 27,000 roaring us on for half the matches and with a manager whose tactics seem to have been largely right, I think that we ought to be quietly confident.

This is not to predict any particular finishing place, because lots of things can go wrong, - form, injury and suspension, etc., merely that we seem to have given ourselves a good chance of a higher finish.

[/quote]Joke right????