Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Who is your first name on the team sheet?

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Korey Smith is so overrated on this board![/quote]

Well personally I would say Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan are well overated on this board but there you go it''s all about opinions.

I''m sure Korey Smith will go on to have a much better career than Holt and Hoolahan aswell.

Drury - whilst maybe not seen as important or influencial as hoolahan or holt its the sort of name you write down without even thinking for the past 6/7 years

Korey Smith whilst a good young player isn''t half hyped up on here, he''s not the next patrick viera as some seem to think

[quote user="The Lord"]Drury - whilst maybe not seen as important or influencial as hoolahan or holt its the sort of name you write down without even thinking for the past 6/7 years Korey Smith whilst a good young player isn''t half hyped up on here, he''s not the next patrick viera as some seem to think[/quote]

He''s not the next Patrick Viera no but he will soon be in the Prem.  If we do not get there within the next two seasons he will be there for sure.  And I bet you he will then captain that team before to long.  He will become one of the best players we have ever produced.  And like I said his career will go on to become 10 times better than everyone''s beloved Holt and Hoolahan.

Going on last season it would have to be Grant Holt.

As for Korey Smith, I like him as a player and I think he''s filled in the space left by Lee Croft quite nicely - in that you''ve got someone who will run all day long on the right hand side of the midfield but perhaps doesn''t always get the ball right in the final third.

And he''s bound to improve, given his young age and how hard he works it''s hard to see him not improving. Not sure how far I see him going though, depends what kind of player he becomes. Will he develop a bit more of a cutting edge or will he just be a very hard working midfielder who gets stuck in?

There were more important players than him in the team last season and I suspect this season will be the same.

Holt - we looked a different team without his drive last year, noone worked harder or put himself about more. Also, he spends so much time getting at the opposition centre backs they seem to really hate him.

I''d say grant holt 1st for the physical presence up front. I think we struggled last season when he wasn''t in the team.

2nd for me is hoolahan.I think His intelligent play and creativity Will be very important for us next term. If he stays fit I think he will be even better this season than last.

I also think elliot ward will be a big player for us next year.

it will be interesting to see what people say on this thread come the end of august

interesting a lot picking drury, left back is our strongest position with Smith behind him. Who ever is being played first choice can be assured to be a top quality left back just on the basis they are keeping the other out of the team.

For me Grant Holt, Ruddy and Korey Smith.

Ruddy will be a top quality buy. definitely him. holt and hooly are so far unproven at this level.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]adam drury, how many poor games has he had in his time here .not many[/quote]

Would have said Hoolahan as he is by far our most creative player (for all his faults), however you make a very good point. Drury has played for this club at every level of the game, i cannot remember him making a significant defensive mistake last season and as barry fry said when we bought him off posh he''s the best left back outside the premier league; i think you''ll struggle to name a better one than him next season as well.