Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Andrew Surman's 'undisclosed' fee

Not sure if this has been covered already else but I''ve just been on the Telegraph website which states we paid £1.2m for Mr Surman.  This wouldn''t surprise me as he''s a quality young player only 1 year into his contract, so I doubt Wolves would let him go cheap.This sounds like a whopping transfer fee for us but we definitely seem to have acquired a substantial sum of money from somewhere, just not sure where!

Didn''t Wolves owe us some dosh for Shackell they hadn''t payed, so we got him cheaper? [Y]

If that were true it would put Surman in an extremely select band of players that we have spent £1m+ plus on.....from memory he would add to the very short list of Newsome,Ashton,Earnshaw and David Marshall.........am I missing anyone?

I thought we bought Marshall for 750k? Did Huckerby''s rise to 1m on us winning promotion and appearances?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If that were true it would put Surman in an extremely select band of players that we have spent £1m+ plus on.....from memory he would add to the very short list of Newsome,Ashton,Earnshaw and David Marshall.........am I missing anyone?[/quote]

Doherty can''t have been far off a £1 million from Spurs. But again that was undisclosed.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If that were true it would put Surman in an extremely select band of players that we have spent £1m+ plus on.....from memory he would add to the very short list of Newsome,Ashton,Earnshaw and David Marshall.........am I missing anyone?[/quote]

Doherty can''t have been far off a £1 million from Spurs. But again that was undisclosed.

[/quote]

Doherty wasn''t £1mil. At the time rumours of £800k were circulating. I think had we stayed up the fee may have risen.

Matthias Jonson [:|]

The day after we signed Surman I went on a tour of the ground led by Bill Punton. He seemed confident in his knowledge when he said we paid £1.5 million for him.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]

Matthias Jonson [:|]

[/quote][quote] He transferred from Brøndby for an undisclosed fee, which was believed

to be around £850,000 [/quote]

I think the fee will rise to £1 million depending on how we do,there is no way Wolves would have let him go cheap.

I always thought it was Andy Linighan.....no hang on, didn''t we get 1 million for him. Newsome? Funny how the mind plays tricks on you the older you get!

Beckford was a bit of a flop, but million pound fees had become commonplace by then.

I seem to remember him making a statement to the effect that he felt under pressure because he was our first player who cost that much. He was no big head for sure.

He was never that bad actually. He tried and had some skill and an eye for goal, but proved to be a bad signing in the end.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]How much did John Newsome cost?[/quote]According to the Canary Citizens book, which is about as authoritative as you can get, the fee for Newsome was £1m, and it was our first million-pound purchase.