Sign in to follow this  
ucl-canary

Why haven't we..

Banned vuvuzelas?

Several clubs have and I don''t really understand why we haven''t taken the same step.

They ruin the atmosphere and for example you could have small away contingents such as scunthorpe fans bringing a load down and draining the atmosphere. I would also be embarassrd to have our club associated with them as our atmosphere is good enough without them, a drum, a bell etc.

Also they aren''t part of English tradition and are incredibly annoying.

Rant over

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]If anyone uses one near me they will be having it shoved in an orifice that is not the mouth [:D][/quote]Please let me know where you sit so I can bring mine and give Carrow Road some atmosphere

[quote user="ucl-canary"]Banned vuvuzelas?

Several clubs have and I don''t really understand why we haven''t taken the same step.

They ruin the atmosphere and for example you could have small away contingents such as scunthorpe fans bringing a load down and draining the atmosphere. I would also be embarassrd to have our club associated with them as our atmosphere is good enough without them, a drum, a bell etc.

Also they aren''t part of English tradition and are incredibly annoying.

Rant over[/quote]

Quite agree!

I''ll be disapointed if I hear those annoying things in the ground and it''ll only be fans who''ve been going for a short time that''ll be the ones with them!

pff I dont mind them that much, there certainly wont be no where near as many at CR as there was in the stadiums in SA, not sure how much difference that''ll make though,

tbh I think they will be so few and far between that anyone who does bring them will soon get bored and not bother, my guess is they''ll only last a few games and the stewards (and nearby fans) may possibly object to them anyway and shut them up....

My chums and I have managed to source several custom made ones from SA direct and intend to use them to the fullest of our abilities in the coming seaoson. Remember you have only seen them being used in one particular country. The playing of such an interesting instrument will vary depending on who is playing them, much in the same way that football chants sound quite different in dar flung regions.

I really don''t think the atmosphere at CR is that great. If you sit in any part of the ground other than the barcly or snakepit it''s really not that loud overall. It just sounds loud when you''re in those areas. Away fans visiting CR certainly don''t think the home fans are very loud.

OTBC

to be honest the atmosphere last season was crap, even when we were winning. we were outsung by a small band of carlisle fans on the last game, a match which should have had one of the best atmospheres of the season. personally i''m all for the odd vuvuzela, it might make some people wake up

Maybe if a tune can be played by a few hundred blowing them...it will be more interesting than whats going on on the pitch.

ThorpeCanary hit the nail on the head. There won''t be many, and the few there are won''t last.

Banning something that hasn''t even happened yet seems silly.

As for "playing a tune", they are monotone. Are there even any one note tunes?

I can see our club branding up a vuvuzela to be selling to all the kids at the first home game tbh... sad but oh so possible

[quote user="ucl-canary"]Banned vuvuzelas? Several clubs have and I don''t really understand why we haven''t taken the same step. They ruin the atmosphere and for example you could have small away contingents such as scunthorpe fans bringing a load down and draining the atmosphere. I would also be embarassrd to have our club associated with them as our atmosphere is good enough without them, a drum, a bell etc. Also they aren''t part of English tradition and are incredibly annoying. Rant over[/quote]

Agreed - they should be banned.

The thing is, the effect created by them at the matches in SA was due to the fact that about 80% of the crowd was blowing them. The odd one here and there will just sound like a random air horn.But if people wanna, let em.