Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Who has been Norwich City’s most impressive overseas player?

That''s better than trying to dredge up painful memories of Binner defeats Pete[Y]

Or is it.........

Drazen Muzinic, Victor Segura, Fernando Derveld, Raymond de Waard.........

I''m just kiddin''[;)]

For me it''s close between Aage Hareide, Steen Nedergaard, Matty Svensson and Youssef Safri. Can''t really pick a single one out because all four made great contributions.

+1 Svensson.Hard as nails, great touch, played like he actually cared. Nedergaard a close second.

STEEEENOOOOOO!

Has to be Steeno for me. A solid andr eliable a player as you could ever hope for, had a good cross too. Also he''s one of the nicest if no the nicest person in football I''ve ever had the pleasure to talk to. He always had time for the fans.

Davo

Crossan was before my time but I bet he''s a good call! What about Sandy Kennon? He must be in with a shout too. I met him maybe 30 years after he played for City and he still looked fit enough to play[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Crossan was before my time but I bet he''s a good call! What about Sandy Kennon? He must be in with a shout too. I met him maybe 30 years after he played for City and he still looked fit enough to play[Y]

[/quote]

Thanks Nutty he will kill me for missing him out!!

Still plays a mean round of golf.

He doesn''t get enough praise or recognition in my opinion, because his job was essentially unglamorous and he was surrounded by players with more flair and charisma, but Steen Nedergaard was one of the most composed and committed full backs I''ve seen play for Norwich City and I thought he was a real unsung hero (though he did get 2nd place in the PotS, I think, but then again Gary Doherty once won PotS so that obviously means nothing)Or are we counting Republic of Ireland as "overseas"?

What a difficult one. I''m going for Keelan, though Steeno was such a great professional, and a total role model in a game where true role models are rare. But Keelan had such a long career here and was (in my opinion) one of the best keepers in the world for a while.

Love to see Steeno come back and say hello though.

It''s got to be Keelan. Another shout for ecen players has to be Erik Fuglestad. Steeno was better but Erik was a tidy player too.

[quote user="Jethro"]How is Keelan classed as overseas when he was English?[/quote]Because he was born in India?

Gaetano Giallanza wins the award for most impressive overseas player to never fulfil his potential due to freak injury - he could have been a legend.

Keelan was born in Calcutta (or whatever silly name it has now), but to British parents and only ever held a British passport.