Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

Your Top 6

Given the amount of transfers happening with norwich and what other teams are up to, I have had a really long think about what teams in the league are impressive enough for the top 6 and promotion.So, who do you think will be in the top 6 come the end of the season? and why?For me id go with:1) Nottingham Forest - Davies has assembled a quality side with pace, youth, enthusiasm and creativity.2) Cardiff City- Dave jones worked miracles last season and surely players such as Whittingham and Chopra can provide?3) Middlesbrough FC - Strachan has assembled a squad primarily full of SPL players, that said, they are bloody good ones, i think boyd will score loads but expect a leaky backline.4) Bristol City- Nicky Maynard, a quality player and will be a huge asset to a very astute manager in steve coppell who plays rather "efficient" football...5) Leicester City - Assuming they secure a good replacement as manager they have a good young side with a good mix of experience inc that pain in the * Howard6) Norwich/Doncaster - Im not sure on 6th place, whilst i want to be biasedc i feel we may fall short as players adapt to playing at this level again and we find our feet. Our side is full of talent and enthusiasm but that guarantees nothing.With Doncaster, Sean O''Driscoll has performed superbly in bringing together a team of nobodys in real terms and getting them to just outside the play offs last season. The signing of Billy Sharp is inspired and he will score a hat full like he did last season. Players such as coppinger will bring creativity with oster offering experience and bite in the midfield.

I would have to put Burnley Reading QPR and quite likely Portsmouth as sides better than some of those shown. Leeds also have to be considered in the mix as well. This division should be fairly open, but who knows. IMO finish above Burnley Middlesboro and Reading would be a major achievement.

I like the look of Boro, QPR and Reading although I don''t think we need to be in awe of anyone. There''s a lot of teams that are on the start of a downward cycle in my opinion such as Cardiff, Portsmouth, Hull etc. And I don''t think Laws will be a success at Burnley either.

[quote user="Canary02 IV"]I like the look of Boro, QPR and Reading although I don''t think we need to be in awe of anyone. There''s a lot of teams that are on the start of a downward cycle in my opinion such as Cardiff, Portsmouth, Hull etc. And I don''t think Laws will be a success at Burnley either.[/quote]totally agree.

1. Middlesbrough

2. Burnley

3. QPR

4. Nottingham Forest

5. Reading

6. Bristol City

Did think Swansea would be up there until I''ve just seen who their new manager is. As much as I''d love to follow the ''Leicester model'' I think they over-performed last season and will find it a lot more difficult this season. And I think we''ll finish comfortably higher mid-table.

As much as everyone says this division is weaker this season, I still believe the top 5 are some way above the rest of the teams in the league

[quote user="missing in action"]6) Norwich/Doncaster - Im not sure on 6th place, whilst i want to be biasedc i feel we may fall short as players adapt to playing at this level again and we find our feet. Our side is full of talent and enthusiasm but that guarantees nothing.With Doncaster, Sean O''Driscoll has performed superbly in bringing together a team of nobodys in real terms and getting them to just outside the play offs last season. The signing of Billy Sharp is inspired and he will score a hat full like he did last season. Players such as coppinger will bring creativity with oster offering experience and bite in the midfield. [/quote]Imagine how a manager performing "superbly" then could do with a team of "somebodies".I see it as :Nottingham Forest - Last season they showed a lot of promise, and in a weaker League with them only going on stronger, it''s difficult to see them doing any worse than last season.Reading - With Brian McDermott they''ve clearly found themselves a

talented manager. Last season he reprised them from what seemed like a

hopeless descent into a very respectable 9th position. With the

foundations laid, and a full season under his guidance i can only see

them pushing for promotion.Hull City - With Nigel Pearson at the helm they won''t go far wrong, despite the issues they have laying on them off the pitch.Norwich - We''ve brought in quality players, though that is not a neccessity in itself to compete in these upper echolons of the Championship. Momentum, organisation, tactics, and strength of spirit are factors considerably bigger, and right now under the guidance of Lambert very few sides in this league are doing so well in this department, though the ''cautious'' side of my optimism has me underselling us a little.Leicester - They''re replacement is not quite so brilliant in Paulo Sousa, but he''ll have to perform remarkably poorly in comparison to his relatively successful exploits at Swansea last season to screw up a strong contingent of players that they have there.Doncaster - They may just sneak in in my view, for the very same reasons you mentioned MIA.

I can see Middlesborough sitting just outside the play-offs on account of the players they have there on paper, and as a consequence of last seasons failiure i''d see this as a bit of a regrouping stage under Strachan. Though by no means do i see them setting the League alight by doing so.Cardiff, in my mind will sit somewhere between 10th and 7th, providing they can keep their main talents. Though having gone through all the motions they have, on and off the pitch, i just can''t see them replicating the successes of their side last season.I can''t see Burnley excelling with Brian Laws at the helm to be honest, and Coppell has made it quite clear he''s trying to build something at Bristol City, and has quickly moved to denounce any grandeur notions of "instant success" there.

Middlesbro (Boyd,Thomson,O''Neil,McManus etc....the only thing that can possibly stop them is that crackpot Strachan!)

Nottm Forest (9 times out of ten,any championship team with Earnshaw gets at least into the playoffs -unless your P.Grant/Norwich)

Hull - (Will retain enough decent players from last season and have a manager in Pearson that knows the course.

Cardiff - ''if'' Chopra stays will have enough to go again

Sheff Utd - always there or there abouts

Norwich - heart ruling head?, or justifiably good reason we can ''do a Leicester''?

[quote user="John"][quote user="missing in action"]6) Norwich/Doncaster - Im not sure on 6th place, whilst i want to be biasedc i feel we may fall short as players adapt to playing at this level again and we find our feet. Our side is full of talent and enthusiasm but that guarantees nothing.With Doncaster, Sean O''Driscoll has performed superbly in bringing together a team of nobodys in real terms and getting them to just outside the play offs last season. The signing of Billy Sharp is inspired and he will score a hat full like he did last season. Players such as coppinger will bring creativity with oster offering experience and bite in the midfield. [/quote]Imagine how a manager performing "superbly" then could do with a team of "somebodies".I see it as :Nottingham Forest - Last season they showed a lot of promise, and in a weaker League with them only going on stronger, it''s difficult to see them doing any worse than last season.Reading - With Brian McDermott they''ve clearly found themselves a

talented manager. Last season he reprised them from what seemed like a

hopeless descent into a very respectable 9th position. With the

foundations laid, and a full season under his guidance i can only see

them pushing for promotion.Hull City - With Nigel Pearson at the helm they won''t go far wrong, despite the issues they have laying on them off the pitch.Norwich - We''ve brought in quality players, though that is not a neccessity in itself to compete in these upper echolons of the Championship. Momentum, organisation, tactics, and strength of spirit are factors considerably bigger, and right now under the guidance of Lambert very few sides in this league are doing so well in this department, though the ''cautious'' side of my optimism has me underselling us a little.Leicester - They''re replacement is not quite so brilliant in Paulo Sousa, but he''ll have to perform remarkably poorly in comparison to his relatively successful exploits at Swansea last season to screw up a strong contingent of players that they have there.Doncaster - They may just sneak in in my view, for the very same reasons you mentioned MIA.

I can see Middlesborough sitting just outside the play-offs on account of the players they have there on paper, and as a consequence of last seasons failiure i''d see this as a bit of a regrouping stage under Strachan. Though by no means do i see them setting the League alight by doing so.Cardiff, in my mind will sit somewhere between 10th and 7th, providing they can keep their main talents. Though having gone through all the motions they have, on and off the pitch, i just can''t see them replicating the successes of their side last season.I can''t see Burnley excelling with Brian Laws at the helm to be honest, and Coppell has made it quite clear he''s trying to build something at Bristol City, and has quickly moved to denounce any grandeur notions of "instant success" there.[/quote]Just remembered they lost Joe Ledley, but on the assumption that Whittingham and Chopra stay, then i can just about see them reaching the top 9 / 10.

The top teams either need an good side with an excellent manager or an excellent side with a good manager at the respective levels so I go for...

1) QPR

2) Middlesborough

3) Reading

4) Burnley

5) Bristol City

6) Forest

The bookies believe the top six will be:

1.Middlesborough: 7/1

2. Nottingham Forest: 8/1

3. QPR: 10/1

4. Cardiff City: 11/1

5. Burnley: 11/1

6. Reading 11/1

It looks similar to last season but looking at the 24 teams these are the six who i believe will be up there:

1)Middlesborough (or is it McBoro as they seem to be turning Scottish?)

2)Burnley

3)Forest

4)Cardiff

5)Leicester

6)Norwich (showing faith in my team, we''re in it to win it! I believe we can achieve what Donny Rovers did last season)

[quote user="The Lord"]The top teams either need an good side with an excellent manager or an excellent side with a good manager at the respective levels so I go for...

1) QPR

2) Middlesborough

3) Reading

4) Burnley

5) Bristol City

6) Forest[/quote]Whether Blackpool''s side would have equated to as much as "good" in most people''s eyes at the beginnning of last season is debatable.Their idea''s of Ian Holloway at the time were non too great either.

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]I can''t see why QPR are so well fancied, I would be suprised if they were top half.[/quote]

Agree with that. The bookies back them to do really well every based on their financial backers. And every year they have flattered to deceive.

In no particular order. Forest. Cardiff (providing no fire sale) qpr, bristol, hull (see cardiff)

This based last seasons form and half tidy sides that now have decent managers. As much as I''d like to think we''re a top 6 I think we''re still a huckerby away.

Not sure why people are backing boro. They were average last season and have signed scotch this summer.

Leeds could be a threat if they got their cheque book out but they''ve been pretty reserved so far.

But as usual an unfancied side will have a storming second half to the season and sneak. into the playiffs

Hull

Boro

Doncaster

Burnley

Leeds

Forest/ Leicester/ Norwich/ Bristol

Can''t see Reading being in the mix and I think QPR are overrated, both will probably be high mid-table though.

Think Covs time in this division might be up too along with Derby.

Burnley will sack Laws, use their cash to get someone decent in, and romp this league.Still not getting the love for Doncaster Rovers.

Boro top, and then the rest could be anything......we could be second, or could be second bottom (very very unlikley that one....)but if i really wanted to guess:1. Boro2. Forrest3. Cardiff4. Hull5. Norwich6. Reading22: Pompey23: Ipswich24. Leeds[:D]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Suzi Perry

Carol Vorderman

Jessica Alba

That weather girl off the tele

The girl in accounts

Brendo''s Mum (If she asked nicely!)

[Y]

[/quote]

I was gonna post something similar,on ex gf`s ...But glad i didnt now just incase :)

1. Burnley

2. Middlesborough

3. Reading

4. Coventry

5. Nottm Forest

6. Cardiff

7. Bristol C

8. QPR

9.  Sheffield United

10. Portsmouth

11. Swansea

12. Derby