Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Cranie linked with Norwich City

[quote user="Northerncanary"]There must be considering we were supposedly close to admin last year[/quote]I have spoken to a friend in Coventry and apparently he is a solid player.  Promotion to the Championship would not give us the funds that we seem to have available, it will be interesting to see if a benefactor is publisied???

I don''t think the possibility that maybe the current board has put their hands in their pockets, should be ruled out.I know the thought of giving Delia credit for anything may be difficult for some of you, but you may have to.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]I don''t think the possibility that maybe the current board has put their hands in their pockets, should be ruled out.I know the thought of giving Delia credit for anything may be difficult for some of you, but you may have to.[:)]

[/quote] I''ve never been a Delia slater/hater... she is a passionate Norwich fan and has stood by this club (different thread/topic) but she did say she had no more money to give/lend, i still believe this ''formula 1'' chap may be having a dabble (but again, diferent threads have discussed this fella), who ever it is, even before seeing a ball kicked, i''m alot more hopeful thatn i was 12 months ago.

Had a good, solid season last season at right back under Coleman but Bothroyd has come in this season and already signed Richard Keogh from Carlisle and he''ll probably be first choice so there could be truth in this rumour.

No bid yet aparently :http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/no_norwich_bid_for_cranie_538515/index.shtml

Just had a look on their message board and they all have very good things to say about him but they also think he is going nowhere.

Was quite funny to see on there that there is a rumour of David James going to them!!

The only reason to suppose there is anything in it is the pink''un. It would be good to hear where they found the story.

It seems strange to come a few days after PL said in Germany that business was over. (Did Russell Martin reveal some weknesses last week?) Or have Archant added 2 plus 2 and somehow made 5?

Is it Cranie''s agent trying to whip up business, perhaps? Is Cranie unhappy to be losing his fullback position and looking for an out?

I would like to think that we could find the money to sign Cranie, and I would be delighted if he came to us, but I am not building my hopes.

[quote user="Salopian"]The only reason to suppose there is anything in it is the pink''un. It would be good to hear where they found the story. It seems strange to come a few days after PL said in Germany that business was over. (Did Russell Martin reveal some weknesses last week?) Or have Archant added 2 plus 2 and somehow made 5? Is it Cranie''s agent trying to whip up business, perhaps? Is Cranie unhappy to be losing his fullback position and looking for an out? I would like to think that we could find the money to sign Cranie, and I would be delighted if he came to us, but I am not building my hopes.[/quote]

I would be happy to be proven wrong on this but so far as I can see Archant don''t ever have any inside info or leads on these transfers. They simply write these stories based on posts on here and other links on the internet which are often linked through here as well. I suspect, therefore, that this story is based on nothing more than the internet rumours which were linked to on here at the end of last week. I therefore read nothing into the fact a story is in the pinkun. So far this summer the Mirror seems to have been the most reliable source when it comes to Norwich transfers!

I know this comes from a dodgy rumour site, but it seems the editor of the site has some inside sources and sometimes himself rubbish rumours or confirms them and can sometimes state when they will be signed...so don''t shoot the messenger I''m only posting what he has said

"Ed..Any transfer news regarding Norwich City.do you know if there is any truth with Danny Green and Martin Cranie?
Thanks

{editor''s note – I don''t know for sure, there is a seeming interest but I was told they should have signed last week so there is either a problem or the person who told me was wrong. I just don''t know for sure which."

Coventry''s new squad numbers (new signing Keogh as number 2) and a vacant number 5 suggests two things.

1) Crainie is not first-choice right-back. This supported by the fact he''s only played in midfield so far this pre-season.

2) They want another CB. With several CB''s already there, definitely space for Crainie to move on.

He''ll be here soon enough, I''m sure.

I''m not to happy about Crainie coming here.  From what I can recall of him he wasn''t very good IMO.

Well, I think, if he was to come here, we''d surely be in a stronger position at right back than we were at the start of the summer.

He''s already got experience playing for Southampton, Portsmouth and Coventry (amongst others) plus he has got quite a few caps for the U21''s and has been to the Euros with them.

Clearly the lad has got a bit about him to have played at that kind of level.

[quote user="Boyo"]I''m not to happy about Crainie coming here.  From what I can recall of him he wasn''t very good IMO.[/quote]I would be very happy to have him here...he would make Otsemebor look like a sunday league player

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Boyo"]I''m not to happy about Crainie coming here.  From what I can recall of him he wasn''t very good IMO.[/quote]I would be very happy to have him here...he would make Otsemebor look like a sunday league player[/quote]Yeah, thumbs up to that. Every time I''ve seen him play he''s looked really solid. I must say that I''ve seen him mainly on TV, but he''s one of those players that does his job very maturely for someone of his age. I''d be more than happy to have him here and we do need cover at right back, in my opinion.

This rumour doesnt want to go away which might mean there is something to it. Personally i think he would be an excellent signing and would round off our transfer activity perfectly.

I admitted on here I sent the Danny Green rumour in way back in May.  It makes me chuckle every time it''s regurgitated. And it probably will again before August[:D]

[quote user="Salopian"]The only reason to suppose there is anything in it is the pink''un. It would be good to hear where they found the story. It seems strange to come a few days after PL said in Germany that business was over. (Did Russell Martin reveal some weknesses last week?) Or have Archant added 2 plus 2 and somehow made 5? Is it Cranie''s agent trying to whip up business, perhaps? Is Cranie unhappy to be losing his fullback position and looking for an out? I would like to think that we could find the money to sign Cranie, and I would be delighted if he came to us, but I am not building my hopes.[/quote]Carrowroad.net ran with it last week, they usually beat the PU![Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Salopian"]The only reason to suppose there is anything in it is the pink''un. It would be good to hear where they found the story. It seems strange to come a few days after PL said in Germany that business was over. (Did Russell Martin reveal some weknesses last week?) Or have Archant added 2 plus 2 and somehow made 5? Is it Cranie''s agent trying to whip up business, perhaps? Is Cranie unhappy to be losing his fullback position and looking for an out? I would like to think that we could find the money to sign Cranie, and I would be delighted if he came to us, but I am not building my hopes.[/quote]Carrowroad.net ran with it last week, they usually beat the PU![Y][/quote]If it''s BS there''s not much to brag about.