Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Biggest fan base in the championship?

Who do you reckon has the biggest fan base in the championship? For me, it would have to be between us, Derby and Sheffield United. I know we''re amongst the most loyal in the country, thats a fact :)

Biggest = Leeds (due to history and glory hunters when they come out for the big matches)

Most Loyal = Norwich every time!

Most Appaling = Scum

I think the fact that our attendances haven''t fallen since we were relegated from the premiership to league 1 suggests that our fans are among the most loyal to be fair.

Compare to Leeds, Southampton, Charlton who all saw large falls in attendances in league 1 and in this league, the scummers, middlebrough have all seen attendances plummet.

Depends how you define loyal..

And easily the biggest following is Leeds

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

I think the fact that our attendances haven''t fallen since we were relegated from the premiership to league 1 suggests that our fans are among the most loyal to be fair.

Compare to Leeds, Southampton, Charlton who all saw large falls in attendances in league 1 and in this league, the scummers, middlebrough have all seen attendances plummet.

[/quote]

Yeah good point. There''s a lot of other criteria that comes into it too though.

I''m not saying we''re not, just looking for a debate [:P]

Well the other criteria could be:

Away following-  distance to travel, numbers etc. Probably the best indicator of loyalty (sadly Leeds probably win)

Cup match attendances

Response to price increases

Noise created

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]

Yeah good point. There''s a lot of other criteria that comes into it too though.

I''m not saying we''re not, just looking for a debate [:P]

[/quote]Even with fair prices, our attendances have admirably defied the effects of a recession, and a fall from the Premier League to years of Championship mediocrity, to a further drop into League One under what were, like our Premier League relegation, quite humiliating circumstances, met with what was arguably the worst failiure in the clubs history.While to establish it as a "fact" would take rather rigorous factual analysis, it would seem on face value that we wouldn''t be a bad shout for such an acclaim.The biggest following is certainly Leeds, though i''d imagine we''re rather high amongst it. I remember a survey tried to gather a vague idea of the size of fanbases following each individual club in Britain a few years ago, does anyone have a link to it by any chance? Whether it''s accurate or not i can''t say, but it should provide soom food for thought.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]

Yeah good point. There''s a lot of other criteria that comes into it too though, for example length, girth and stamina.

I''m not saying we''re not, just looking for a masturbate [:P]

[/quote]

[:$]

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]

Yeah good point. There''s a lot of other criteria that comes into it too though, for example length, girth and stamina.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[+o(]

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rumbled.

I agree in terms of turnout we are well up the table, but as "little old Norwich" we do not always get the exposure of some of the so called bigger clubs, leeds are a great example on the football league show last year. We were top of the league and recieved very little recognition!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

And how can you say that us being the most loyal is a fact?

It''s not.

[/quote]

He didnt say that....he actually said amongst the most loyal

largely down to a decent price structure - wasn;t so long ago we were getting 15,000 on a good day - even in EUrope we got that - pricing structuire geared to season tickets helps , we have decent support , but if prices increased it would fall away

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I reckon we''ll have the third or fourth highest average attendance this year.[/quote]I think it''s fair to say Derby will top it, but with the extension of Carrow Road 2nd place is going to be very closely fought between us, Sheffield United, and Leeds.

Overall: Leeds

Loyal: Norwich

Underated: Derby

Overated: Sheff Utd. (fallen most yrs)

likes of forest, leicester, pompey are well followed

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]Or the most daft[;)]

[quote user="ellis206"]Who do you reckon has the biggest fan base in the championship? For me, it would have to be between us, Derby and Sheffield United. I know we''re amongst the most loyal in the country, thats a fact :) [/quote]Dirty Leeds.

Derby will top the biggest average attendence this year but if our ground was as big as theirs we would be just as good.  We will be in or around second spot though.  However if the likes of Leeds get a few matches of 30thousand plus when their glory hunters come out we won''t be able to get second.  We are guarunteed the top five of this ''league'' though.

Hmmm I must admit, I had actually forgot about Leeds being in our league, used to them being in league 1!! Loyalty wise, I don''t think there''s many in the country who can compete with our fans, could you imagine the likes of Chelseas drops in attendances if they ever went down!!! lol