Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Friendly ticket prices.

Seen this mentioned as an aside in a couple of other threads, but no thread on it, so apologies if there is one already.At the moment I''m in the process of bringing my 3 little horrors up to be City fans as mental as I am. This isn''t easy, as my season ticket in the Barclay means I can''t realistically take them to league games - they''re too young to go elsewhere in the ground alone.However, past couple of seasons I''ve been slowly getting them into the joys for following Norwich with friendlies and cup games whenever I can afford it. I feel the club have misjudged the appetite for this game and I''d be suprised if they get a 50% attendance. I, for one simply can''t justify spending 45 quid on one adult and 3 kids tickets, especially with the additional costs involved. Even if I could comfortably afford it, I think on principle I wouldn''t pay that, much as I''d love to take them.In my book, this is a massive own goal for the club. They''re pricing the next generation of fans out of it.I''m doing my bit, bringing them up right to support their local team and I feel the club has let me down.

I agree. But having a look at the prices that are being charged tonight, and prices at friendlies in general, I think they are on par.I guess if we want success we have to be prepared to finance it.

Agree, but I guess the grounds running costs are the same regardless who''s playing.

Turn up at 3.05 and offer £30 for the lot of you and see what happens!

Just one adult ticket at £15 I cant justify, so I wont be going.

Having just moved back down to Norfolk in the last few days, I was looking forward to being able not only to get my kids more into NCFC, but to simply seeing a few more games myself.  The Newcastle game would have been a great first step for us all for getting back into the swing of things, so I too was dismayed today to see the price! I''d be paying £35 for myself and two 7 year old kids, something I just can''t afford with the combination of job-hunting and school summer holidays.Was even more annoyed to see them charging £32 for the Watford game! I''m sure that when I left Norfolk some 4 years ago tickets for the most expensive games were only about £28.  I know it doesn''t really seem like a massive difference, but its over £30 for Championship football.I know the club are looking to cover costs a bit more, and in a way I applaud McNally''s ruthlessness once more, but its pricing some of us out of the game.  For me its particularly disappointing since I was so looking forward to getting back to Carrow Road... sigh.

[quote user="morty"]I agree. But having a look at the prices that are being charged tonight, and prices at friendlies in general, I think they are on par.I guess if we want success we have to be prepared to finance it.[/quote]But if we get 50% or less attendance, theres a good chance that if they''d charged a fiver for kids instead of 10 they''d have come out on top.A lot of those under 16''s are gonna be accompanied by adults paying full whack

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="morty"]I agree. But having a look at the prices that are being charged tonight, and prices at friendlies in general, I think they are on par.I guess if we want success we have to be prepared to finance it.[/quote]But if we get 50% or less attendance, theres a good chance that if they''d charged a fiver for kids instead of 10 they''d have come out on top.A lot of those under 16''s are gonna be accompanied by adults paying full whack[/quote]I agree. But its the first day of the summer holidays, the weathers set to be nice. People will grumble, but if they really want to go (like me) they will pay the price.That said if it had been cheaper, I would have taken the kids to Everton too.

[quote user="morty"]People will grumble, but if they really want to go (like me) they will pay the price.[/quote]That''s a bit unfair, Morty. I really want to go, as I''ve explained, but I simply can''t afford it.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"]People will grumble, but if they really want to go (like me) they will pay the price.[/quote]That''s a bit unfair, Morty. I really want to go, as I''ve explained, but I simply can''t afford it.[/quote]Lol, sorry, but thats life.I REALLY want a supermodel girlfriend but can''t afford one.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"]People will grumble, but if they really want to go (like me) they will pay the price.[/quote]That''s a bit unfair, Morty. I really want to go, as I''ve explained, but I simply can''t afford it.[/quote]Lol, sorry, but thats life.I REALLY want a supermodel girlfriend but can''t afford one.[:)][/quote]But its not a supermodel girlfriend we''re talking about here - its a teenage mum with a bottle-scarred face and a gimpy leg.  She''s nothing special so I wasn''t expecting to have to fork out for champagne and caviar to get into her undercrackers.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"]People will grumble, but if they really want to go (like me) they will pay the price.[/quote]That''s a bit unfair, Morty. I really want to go, as I''ve explained, but I simply can''t afford it.[/quote]Lol, sorry, but thats life.I REALLY want a supermodel girlfriend but can''t afford one.[:)][/quote]But its not a supermodel girlfriend we''re talking about here - its a teenage mum with a bottle-scarred face and a gimpy leg.  She''s nothing special so I wasn''t expecting to have to fork out for champagne and caviar to get into her undercrackers.[/quote]Whilst I take your point, its the new regime, we''re not a charity for you poor people anymore.*Points nose in air and flounces off*

i know times are tough at the moment. But id rather pay an extra £50 pounds on my ST or couple of quid a ticket if it meant that we have a competitive champ team rather than saving my self a few quid and watching us battle relegation each year.

I think they have overoriced these friendlies, not so much fo adults but £10 for under 16 is to much and i wont be going to either with my son and I normally do go to the friendlies.

I guess we will know after the first one if the pricing is wrong or not

IMO they charge higher prices for U16s to prevent hordes of teenagers turning up and causing a nuisance, which could happen if they charged a couple of quid.