Sign in to follow this  
pete

Midfeild Presence

Just got back from Stevenage, not mightily impressed until after 60 mins when entire team replaced by a number of faces I did not recognise.

However midfield for 1st Hour of Fox, Crofts, Surman and Wes look extremely lightweight and are likely to be bullied out of it in Champs.

We need some height and muscle competing in there.  If Surman cost a million we were mugged and Fox cannot spray 30 yd passes.

Hoping its PSF time and it will come not much to put your faith in however.

Nelson City man of the match.

OMG our midfield did not commit 100% fully in the tackle and did not hit that peach perfect 35yard diagonal pass! We''re gonna be relegated! FFS BOARD OUT. CLUBS A JOKE!Seriously, yawn.

Either this is a TERRIBLY written sarcastic post or we have yet another fan who thinks a pre-season game determines how the squad will play in a competitive game :)

I actually have to disagree with you there Pete, I thought fox played really well and was strong along with crofts.

I was slightly disappointed with surman but as others have said its only a friendly, you and I both know how strong stevenage are at home too.

Oh and man of the match for me was hoolahan he''s gonna pull the strings for us again next season

There you go Pete, you are completely wrong and should not have an opinion should you!!

I wasn''t that impressed either, but we have some bigger friendlies to come and I am sure that it will all come together by the time we beat Watford at home.

Impressed with Dawkin when he came on, looked pacy and direct, lets see what happens at Dagenham!

No point worrying after a friendly against our first competitive opposition is there? Surman will come into his own I''m sure, let''s not forget just how little football he''s played in the last 12 months.

I would be very surprised if a Lambert team lacked energy in midfield on the first day of the season. Not since Worthington have we had a manager that could get such commitment out of the players, (and even he could only do it at home as a rule!)

As I have said in another thread my mates who went said that Surman looked class and looks like he may be a great signing so a bit confusing to get such diametrically opposed reports!

I must of been watching a different game last night as I thought Surman looked off the pace and couldn''t pass wind.

As you say though its only a friendly so not too much to worry about at this stage.