Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Still the best way to financial salvation?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YorkCanary"]

Although I cannot stand the man, didn''t Simon Jordan basically say a few years back academies rarely make a club money?

The amount you have to spend on developing young talent can be large sums when you think about paying them, the coaches the academy set up costs etc etc.

Doubt the only time you will make some money is when you get clubs willing to pay stupid money for a player ala Wickham @ ITFC atm (rumoured to be 10million now!)

Also you have to be careful that a big club doesn''t grab them. Tribunal money rarely is enough these days.

Bet if you take an intake of 5-10 players a year and only manage to get money for say 2, even decent money, you are making a lose on the academy.

[/quote]Some decades ago the Daily Mail costed it all out. It took the Arsenal youth intake one year and followed it through. Noting how many "promising" players dropped out, year by year, itemising all the costs that YorkCanary mentions, and so on. And of the 15 or whatever it was from that intake of 15-year-olds, a couple had respectable careers down the league, but only one became an Arsenal regular.Now as it happens that one was Charlie George, who was a fair player. But, far from having cost Arsenal nothing, he had actually cost Arsenal a great deal of money. Of course, the double upside was that he was playing for Arsenal  and not against them, for Spurs or another London club.[/quote]

Well''quite frankly,  if the Daily Mail is your reference it is rather difficult to take your point seriously.

[:(]

OTBC

[/quote]So if the same facts had been in the Wall Street Journal or L''Equipe that would have made a difference? Not sure I get the logic of that. In the meantime I''ll carry on taking just as seriously as I''ve ever done someone whose grasp of Norwich City affairs includes continuing to labour under the misapprehension that Judi Bowker is the club chairman.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][:)]They say a picture is worth a thousand words.[:)][/quote]You mean.........

We''ve had to endure all those pointless, futile, tedious, boring threads.........

When a few pictures would have done? [:^)][:''(]

[|-)]

[/quote]

Then why did you read them all?

Seems pretty daft to me.

Almost as daft as a brush, bor.

[:$]

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YorkCanary"]

Although I cannot stand the man, didn''t Simon Jordan basically say a few years back academies rarely make a club money?

The amount you have to spend on developing young talent can be large sums when you think about paying them, the coaches the academy set up costs etc etc.

Doubt the only time you will make some money is when you get clubs willing to pay stupid money for a player ala Wickham @ ITFC atm (rumoured to be 10million now!)

Also you have to be careful that a big club doesn''t grab them. Tribunal money rarely is enough these days.

Bet if you take an intake of 5-10 players a year and only manage to get money for say 2, even decent money, you are making a lose on the academy.

[/quote]

Some decades ago the Daily Mail costed it all out. It took the Arsenal youth intake one year and followed it through. Noting how many "promising" players dropped out, year by year, itemising all the costs that YorkCanary mentions, and so on. And of the 15 or whatever it was from that intake of 15-year-olds, a couple had respectable careers down the league, but only one became an Arsenal regular.

Now as it happens that one was Charlie George, who was a fair player. But, far from having cost Arsenal nothing, he had actually cost Arsenal a great deal of money. Of course, the double upside was that he was playing for Arsenal  and not against them, for Spurs or another London club.

[/quote]

Well''quite frankly,  if the Daily Mail is your reference it is rather difficult to take your point seriously.

OTBC

[/quote]

So if the same facts had been in the Wall Street Journal or L''Equipe that would have made a difference? Not sure I get the logic of that. In the meantime I''ll carry on taking just as seriously as I''ve ever done someone whose grasp of Norwich City affairs includes continuing to labour under the misapprehension that Judi Bowker is the club chairman.

[/quote]

''Facts'' quoted in WSJ/L''E are likely to be far more accurate than ''facts'' quoted in the Mail.

And well you know that.

As for Judi Bowker - who''s she & what''s that about?? Beats me. Perhaps it''s one of somebod''s diversionary fantasies.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Then why did you read them all?[/quote]Hopeful that one day you will stun us with something witty, informative, current or even an opinion on something. [:)]

Sadly, I fear the wait will go on! [:(]

One love.

[U]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YorkCanary"]

[/quote]Some decades ago the Daily Mail costed it all out. It took the Arsenal youth intake one year and followed it through. Noting how many "promising" players dropped out, year by year, itemising all the costs that YorkCanary mentions, and so on. And of the 15 or whatever it was from that intake of 15-year-olds, a couple had respectable careers down the league, but only one became an Arsenal regular.Now as it happens that one was Charlie George, who was a fair player. But, far from having cost Arsenal nothing, he had actually cost Arsenal a great deal of money. Of course, the double upside was that he was playing for Arsenal  and not against them, for Spurs or another London club.[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]So if the same facts had been in the Wall Street Journal or L''Equipe that would have made a difference? Not sure I get the logic of that. In the meantime I''ll carry on taking just as seriously as I''ve ever done someone whose grasp of Norwich City affairs includes continuing to labour under the misapprehension that Judi Bowker is the club chairman.[/quote]

''Facts'' quoted in WSJ/L''E are likely to be far more accurate than ''facts'' quoted in the Mail.

And well you know that.

As for Judi Bowker - who''s she & what''s that about?? Beats me. Perhaps it''s one of somebod''s diversionary fantasies.

OTBC

[/quote]Oh, I''m quite au fait with what to believe in which newspapers, and which messageboard posters to believe, and take seriously. And which not.
See<p></p><p></p> full size image
I don''t do diversionary fantasies (absolutely no need to) but herewith Judi Bowker, who is the only Bowker I''ve heard of, which is why I rather assumed she was the "Bowker" you refer to in your "Onwards & upwards with Lambert, McNally &

Bowker!" signature.If it ever gets through to you that our chairman''s name is BOWKETT (and bears very little resemblance to Judi B) you might find your credibility rating gets a sudden uptick.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YorkCanary"]

[/quote]

Some decades ago the Daily Mail costed it all out. It took the Arsenal youth intake one year and followed it through. Noting how many "promising" players dropped out, year by year, itemising all the costs that YorkCanary mentions, and so on. And of the 15 or whatever it was from that intake of 15-year-olds, a couple had respectable careers down the league, but only one became an Arsenal regular.

Now as it happens that one was Charlie George, who was a fair player. But, far from having cost Arsenal nothing, he had actually cost Arsenal a great deal of money. Of course, the double upside was that he was playing for Arsenal  and not against them, for Spurs or another London club.

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

So if the same facts had been in the Wall Street Journal or L''Equipe that would have made a difference? Not sure I get the logic of that. In the meantime I''ll carry on taking just as seriously as I''ve ever done someone whose grasp of Norwich City affairs includes continuing to labour under the misapprehension that Judi Bowker is the club chairman.

[/quote]

And well you know that.

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh, I''m quite au fait with what to believe in which newspapers, and which messageboard posters to believe, and take seriously. And which not.

See
 full size image

I don''t do diversionary fantasies (absolutely no need to) but herewith Judi Bowker, who is the only Bowker I''ve heard of, which is why I rather assumed she was the "Bowker" you refer to in your "Onwards & upwards with Lambert, McNally & Bowker!" signature.

If it ever gets through to you that our chairman''s name is BOWKETT (and bears very little resemblance to Judi B) you might find your credibility rating gets a sudden uptick.

[/quote]

I was given to understand that some of his mates used to call him Bowker.

But since my ''signature'' led us to the rather lovely Judi, who''s complaining.

To keep you happy shall ''normalise'' my "signature (if I can figure out how).

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Fancy you knowing that Babes[:O]

I thought it was Bowser though....

Some of Lambert''s mates called him Yoshi from his Celtic days...

And McNally was known as Donkey Kong by his mates at school.....

So now you can change your signature to..... "Onwards & upwards with Yoshi, Donkey Kong & Bowser!"

Yoshi Donkey Kong Bowser

I wonder what Big Bob''s mates used to call him .......

fat controller from Thomas the [:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I woukl imagine that all those are preferable to Notso though, wouldn''t you?

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

So now you can change your signature to..... "Onwards & upwards with Yoshi, Donkey Kong & Bowser!"

Yoshi Donkey Kong Bowser

[/quote]

Mr Chairman or SIR usually![;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Yoshi Donkey Kong Bowser

[/quote]

[:P]

[/quote]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Yoshi Donkey Kong Bowser

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

I think you two are confusing "mates" with "lackies" ......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Yoshi Donkey Kong Bowser

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

No but unfortunately your dad did[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Yoshi Donkey Kong Bowser

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Only a juicy teaser?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Only a juicy teaser?

OTBC

[/quote]

I take it you do realise that your new pal is a prominent member of The Chase Out Group[:O]

There''s no depths to your posts Babes and there''s no start to your talents. It''s shallow superficial claptrap. As has been proved here, any reasonable debate is cut short by your obvious lack of understanding of our club and the game in general this century. So you try and play the insult game but unfortunately you''re well cr@p at that too.[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Only a juicy teaser?

OTBC

[/quote]

I take it you do realise that your new pal is a prominent member of The Chase Out Group[:O]

There''s no depths to your posts Babes and there''s no start to your talents. It''s shallow superficial claptrap. As has been proved here, any reasonable debate is cut short by your obvious lack of understanding of our club and the game in general this century. So you try and play the insult game but unfortunately you''re well cr@p at that too.[:|]

[/quote]

As I said, only a juicy teaser?

Dear oh dear you do so love to pick fights, don''t you - and then appeal to the gang for help.

[:|]

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Only a juicy teaser?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope you are not refering to me pal!!

I didn''t chase anybody out.

How many years ago is it, and how many since Worthy got removed.

All in the dim and distant, lets move on as they say.

Have you got Tangys brolly ready for Friday night, is the Taddy nicely cooled, these are the things that should be occupying your mind,

not trivialities like BBB[;)]

Hallelujah! !  ! 

At long last............

Maybe it''s the Taddy!!!!

It was 15 years ago and is of no relevance to any organisation now. Just as the way our great club managed to acquire youth players in the dim and distant has no relevance to the academy we have today.

Maybe you could explain it to BBB

Everything will be fine for you on Friday. Duncan is looking after the Taddy but I won''t be far away. I''ve got Tangie''s umbrella for the bric-a-brac stall!! If he offers me a good price I will let him have it back!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hallelujah! !  ! 

At long last............

Maybe it''s the Taddy!!!!

It was 15 years ago and is of no relevance to any organisation now. Just as the way our great club managed to acquire youth players in the dim and distant has no relevance to the academy we have today.

Everything will be fine for you on Friday. Duncan is looking after the Taddy but I won''t be far away. I''ve got Tangie''s umbrella for the bric-a-brac stall!! If he offers me a good price I will let him have it back!

[/quote]

At last no more tears over Worthy. Good oh, the penny finally home on your admitance[:D]

Get the RD''s ready for the BBQ friday night we celebrate!!

It''s that Old Boys Network again[:O]

BBB brings up Chase, you bring up Worthy, all I was tryin'' to do was explain the situation the club finds itself in now due to the strict rules governing schoolboy footballers.

Bet you wish you was a cool young PUP young Nana and me [H][&]

It''s that Old Boys Network again[:O]

BBB brings up Chase, you bring up Worthy, all I was tryin'' to do was explain the situation the club finds itself in now due to the strict rules governing schoolboy footballers.

Bet you wish you was a cool young PUP young Nana and me [H][&]

[/quote]

Now that is taking it far to far even for you[;)]

[/quote]

I''m waiting for The Butler to explain it to me but he seems to be having some difficulty as to why the club should just doff it''s cap and touch it''s forelock on this issue and move on. Unsurprisingly. 

But then, of course, maybe he''s just being the diplomat and hoping your latest faux pas will disappear around one of your drains without too much need for brushing. Although expert bog cleaners do tend to be ten-a -penny these days I''m told.

[:|]

OTBC

I''d be interested to hear The Butler explain that too.

I don''t think anybody has suggested that the club should just doff it''s cap and tug it''s forelock over this. Certainly not me. And certainly not the club.

I tried to explain the difficulties the club faces since the schoolboy rules were changed. How I feel some of these difficulties are unique to our club. And measures the club has already taken to meet these difficulties. I even suggested other things I felt they could do. But rather than open debate it appears to have closed it.

You, as always, have contributed nothing worthwhile. In fact the only thing of note from all your posts on this thread is that you''ve moved on from pompous, boring posts with Latin phrases to pompous boring posts with French phrases.[|-)]