Sign in to follow this  
PoliticalCanary

CHARITY MATCH - PINKUN VS BBC606 - VENUE: MAYBE CARROW ROAD

Hello Pinkun Posters,I''m a 606er and at my end there has been a lot of interest in a charity football match between the two forums, a  few enquiries have been put out and it seems that we would be able to get a team together. The match might be held at Carrow Road at some point in either September or October, but I''m in the very early stages at the moment so nothing is certain.Who out of you lot would be interested in organising a Pinkun squad to play in this match? I''d do it myself but I''m in way over my head already! I might also see if Michael Bailey would be interested in representing your lot and we''ll see if Chris Goreham will play for us.This is a fantastic opportunity to raise money for charity, so who wants to organise stuff at your end?This is not a wind up btw.OTBCPolitical

I took part in a similar event about....12 years ago now I think. Bruce Rioch vetoed at the last minute our playing at Carrow Road and we ended up at Colney. We played the Ipswich fans as a prelude to the first ever "Shake hands on Derby day". It was great fun and we won.

I am however too old and too unfit to play now, but it is great to play. I would suggest you organise some way of getting sponmsorship to do so and giving the proceeds to a NCFC related charity. I am sure Archant would do the publicity....

Id love to organise the squad and play in this, but its probably more benficial if someone from the area did it.

However sign me up, ill certainally play

I''d be well up for playing

I took part in the 40 hour football match which broke the world record for the worlds longest football match down in felixstowe last october.

Was fantastic fun and this would be just as great i think so whoever organises the team, sign me up!

[quote user="shiplee15"]I took part in the 40 hour football match which broke the world record for the worlds longest football match down in felixstowe last october[/quote]

Man, that''s some serious Fergie time.

I''m no organiser, but would definitely be interesting in playing if this thing gets off the ground! 

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]probably to unfit as i have been retired from playing for 4 yrs now lol, but would be interested in playing[Y]  position Striker/Target man[/quote]Lol, maybe I should play too.I''ll get an ambulance on stand by.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]probably to unfit as i have been retired from playing for 4 yrs now lol, but would be interested in playing[Y]  position Striker/Target man[/quote]

Lol, maybe I should play too.

I''ll get an ambulance on stand by.
[/quote]LOL, hey i still got it Morty...i just cant run anymore lol...Ambulance is a GREEEEAAAAT idea tho [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]You want to persuade Beau to be manager.Seriously LOTS of experience.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="shiplee15"]I took part in the 40 hour football match which broke the world record for the worlds longest football match down in felixstowe last october[/quote]

Man, that''s some serious Fergie time.

[/quote]

yea! United''s matches dont get far off that!

it was a great 40 hours tho, tiring yes but brilliant fun. did it for charity and raised over £7000 in total.

thats why i''d be extremely interested in doing this, i''ll do any football match and especially if its a charity match. Would be great fun and for a good cause.

Can play as a striker/left winger/"wes" role

am young and still play so fitness isnt too big an issue

I''d be happy with anything that isn''t centreback or ''keeper and prefer attacking, but I guess if needs must....

I guess I COULD help with organising, if I knew how much effort it would take- I am only 18 though, so bear that in mind.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Put me down for CB..............

[+o(]

[/quote]CB??? current bun??? crispy bacon??? chicken bhuna??? cold bap??? Carls berg??? [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]You want to persuade Beau to be manager.Seriously LOTS of experience.[/quote]

[Y]
[/quote]Defo Beau if he has the time, the guy has managed at a good level and knows what he talking about(dont tell him i said that tho[;)])

Wether he could get 15-17 normal chaps to play with ANY ORGANISATION is another thing tho lol

I have alot off spare time on my hands at the minute, I dont mind doing some organisation and liasing with someone (ie a manager for the football on the day) and the OP.

If everyone wants to PM me their age, postion, standard theyve played at and fitness level, I''ll put something together. It may be worth playing the match in 2 halves, ie an 18-35, then 35+

Chris

I''d love to play, put me down as a striker or winger

[quote user="CDMullins"]

I have alot off spare time on my hands at the minute, I dont mind doing some organisation and liasing with someone (ie a manager for the football on the day) and the OP.

If everyone wants to PM me their age, postion, standard theyve played at and fitness level, I''ll put something together. It may be worth playing the match in 2 halves, ie an 18-35, then 35+

Chris

[/quote]PMd u[Y]

I really hope this gets put together it would be a great day out and an even better chance to meet a few Pinkun posters[Y]

Few beers after the game of course???

[quote user="CDMullins"]would be a dream come true for all City fans......[/quote]I don''t think I would go quite that far! [^o)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]You want to persuade Beau to be manager.Seriously LOTS of experience.[/quote]

[Y]
[/quote]Defo Beau if he has the time, the guy has managed at a good level and knows what he talking about(dont tell him i said that tho[;)])

Wether he could get 15-17 normal chaps to play with ANY ORGANISATION is another thing tho lol

[/quote]

He would with me as his assistant!![;)]

Aunty Marge could be the sponge lady

Oh don''t listen to Lapp he just runs round the pitch trying to bite the ball!