Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

A Bad Finish

So we all want to finish in the playoffs, but what would you accept as our lowest finish?

I would be happy with a 12th place finish or anything higher but nothing else - with the money lambert has spent and what we saw him do last season.

I think that anywhere out of the relegation zone will do. I think that staying up has to be the main aim and any places above that will be a bonus.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

So we all want to finish in the playoffs, but what would you accept as our lowest finish?

[/quote]21st place and another crack at it next year.But seeing as at least 2 clubs will go into admin, I could be persuaded that 16th is minimum expectation.

Any place out of the relegation zone should be seen as a success, a year of consolidation is probably exactly what we need.  I think we''ll finish around 15th/16th, and I''ll be happy with that.

To try and be a success in life you must aim to be the best you can.

The club has admirably stated it''s aim is promotion to the Premier this season and they will believe it quite rightly.

I shall be happy to maintain our status and see real improvements.

typical norwich mentality-champs is weak as pooh this year and ncfc should go for it but they wont.you know it,we all know it

I''m not predicting anything except that anything could eventualise. We could be disappointed, we could be nicely surprised,

However, talk of avoiding relegation is a thing of the past.

This is the mindset of the Grant/Roeder/Gunn nightmare.

Before that we were an established Championship unit, with expectations of higher things always there.

Worthy wasn''t sacked because we were in danger of relegation from the second tier, but more because his teams failed to live up to our expectations. He became a negative factor at a time when we were all still thinking positively. The clamour to remove him now seems retrospectively naive. Although it probably had to be done.

The biggest disaster to happen to our club in my memory was the appointment of poor old Peter Grant. He was totally out of his depth and got nothing right. His signings were awful and our performances were mostly dire, to the extent that we suddenly became relegation fodder and even Roeder was considered a saviour for a while. The fact that he seemed to have other issues in his head added to his panic reliance on loanees, at a cost, dipped us further into the mire. For a while, nothing went right. The loss of  Kennedy and Stevanovic (?) are examples. We seemed to be emersed in a quicksand.  

Gunn''s appointment was the last straw, but it really was an expression of defeat all-round. We had the mentality of a team on its'' way down. We had low expectations.

This has gone. We might not get top six, but we are no longer bottom six and we are now once again progressing rather than digressing.

Personally, I think we will do rather well. 

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="leedscanary"]I thought this was gonna be another thread about Jamie "lad" Cureton![/quote]

awful joke leeds, just awful.

[/quote]Yes he was ''nana - I fully agree [:D]

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="leedscanary"]I thought this was gonna be another thread about Jamie "lad" Cureton!
[/quote]

awful joke leeds, just awful.

[/quote]

Yes he was ''nana - I fully agree [:D]
[/quote]

In fairness, if anyone is qualified to talk about dreadful posts it''s ''nana mate.....

[quote user="leedscanary"]I thought this was gonna be another thread about Jamie "lad" Cureton![/quote]Argh!  This is disgraceful and appalling!  You should be ashamed of yourself...

If I hadn''t been out all evening, I would have beaten you to it, dammit...