Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Wiggins Joins Bournemouth

[quote user="open goal"]im going to make myself sound stupid but what is a nominal fee?[/quote]I would assume basically enough to cover his bus fare there.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Another one from the Gunn club bites the dust.

10 green bottles hanging on the wall!!

[/quote][IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-016.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="MCWILL"]Delia and the rest of the board said at the start of the season after Gunn was re-appointed and before McNally arrived that our aim was to considate in L1.[/quote]

You would need to quote that directly, because I have never seen anything remotely like that. When Gunn was reappointed Smith and Jones did say one of the reasons was the need for managerial stability. Consolidation in that sense, perhaps. But I never saw either of them say they were happy to consolidate in League One for a season and would not be trying for promotion.  All h*ll would have broken loose on the message boards if they''d said that and it would have been quoted against them ad infinitum.

What IS true is that McNally said Gunn and his coaches had been content to consolidate in League One. But that is an entirely different matter.

[/quote]

I remember an article where McNally said... "The previous manager wanted League 1 consolidation..."

Soooooo..... Yeah.
[/quote]

So Gunn had decided on that all by his little self did he?

Pull the other leg................

Great, another player leaves without a chance to prove himself.  Spillane was bad enough, but letting Wiggins go is ridiculous.  I mean, I never saw him play but his name rhymes with Wayne Biggins and he was a great player so we should at least have tried him out.

[quote user="open goal"]im going to make myself sound stupid but what is a nominal fee?[/quote]My monthly salary.

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="open goal"]im going to make myself sound stupid but what is a nominal fee?[/quote]My monthly salary.

[/quote]sadly - and this is a comment on the state of football and not your job - I suspect it is much more likely to be your annual salary...

Shame that we never got to see much of him however with Drury and Smith he was never going to get a look in this season. We can get a little bit of cash and he gets 1st team football. Best for both parties IMO.

[quote user="MCWILL"]Having said that he obviously isn''t a great judge of players considering he signed Theo![/quote]

Wasn''t Theo recomended by Crook?

Gunn wasn''t up to the job but he did sign some good players as well as bad. Gill was good enough for League 1 but probably not much higher.

Holt was an inspired signing. Nelson looks like he could do ok, as does Askou. Gunn also wanted to keep Martin and Spillane - both of which had their critics on these pages.

Not saying he was the best thing that ever happened, but not sure he was entirely the worse. Inexperienced and took the helm of a sinking ship, a somewhat poisened challace and then never got the backing of McNally.