Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Wiggins Joins Bournemouth

I imagine the fee will be very small with add-ons depending on performance and sell on fee.

Shame to see him go, but he''s not a kid anymore, needs games and he was never going to get them here.

Good luck to him

Shame. From the little I saw of him, he had great potential.

Bournemouth fans certainly rated him, so I''d imagine they''ll be happy!

Considering we got him for what was essentially a nominal fee from Palace, we''ve presumably broken even (or even made a profit!) on this so not too bad. Would have still preferred him to be loaned out as I think he''ll be a cracking player in a few years.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses...good luck to him!

I only saw him play live once - it was the JPT game at Gillingham. He didn''t have a bad game at all and looked decent. Good luck to him at Bournemouth and I hope he does well there.

[quote user="Brian Badonde I "]it isn''t a shame to see him go - he wasn''t good enough[/quote]

Other than relying on the opinion of others, what are you basing that on? He looked quite decent the only time I saw him play, and Bournemouth fans think he''s handy.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Maybe it will now finance a move for Cranie?[/quote]The Bournemouth Echo said it was around £35,000. Which they later changed to a ''nominal fee''. So I don''t think it''ll make much of a difference in singing Cranie.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Another one from the Gunn club bites the dust.

10 green bottles hanging on the wall!!

[/quote]

What have you just gone and done Butler? The usual suspects will be along shortly!!!!

True, nearly all of Gunn''s signings have gone but he was given a budget for L1 Consolidation so naturally the majority of the team will be only half-decent for that league let alone the Championship, Holt being the obvious exception.

[quote user="MCWILL"]True, nearly all of Gunn''s signings have gone but he was given a budget for L1 Consolidation.[/quote]That''s based on what, please?

[quote user="MCWILL"]Delia and the rest of the board said at the start of the season after Gunn was re-appointed and before McNally arrived that our aim was to considate in L1.[/quote]You would need to quote that directly, because I have never seen anything remotely like that. When Gunn was reappointed Smith and Jones did say one of the reasons was the need for managerial stability. Consolidation in that sense, perhaps. But I never saw either of them say they were happy to consolidate in League One for a season and would not be trying for promotion.  All h*ll would have broken loose on the message boards if they''d said that and it would have been quoted against them ad infinitum.What IS true is that McNally said Gunn and his coaches had been content to consolidate in League One. But that is an entirely different matter.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Maybe it will now finance a move for Cranie?[/quote]

It might have done if we were interested, but we''re not.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="MCWILL"]Delia and the rest of the board said at the start of the season after Gunn was re-appointed and before McNally arrived that our aim was to considate in L1.[/quote]You would need to quote that directly, because I have never seen anything remotely like that. When Gunn was reappointed Smith and Jones did say one of the reasons was the need for managerial stability. Consolidation in that sense, perhaps. But I never saw either of them say they were happy to consolidate in League One for a season and would not be trying for promotion.  All h*ll would have broken loose on the message boards if they''d said that and it would have been quoted against them ad infinitum.What IS true is that McNally said Gunn and his coaches had been content to consolidate in League One. But that is an entirely different matter.[/quote]I remember an article where McNally said... "The previous manager wanted League 1 consolidation..."Soooooo..... Yeah.

No surprise. Nice enough little player but defensively he was miles away from what you get from Adam Drury.