Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Darren Ward

Having heard much about his displays at forest and then when watching him play i feel slightly nervous about the prospect of him appearing between the sticks.

Although Worthington probably got him because he kicks like a animal!!!

Why should you be worried.  He has had over 500 appearances and has probably played in many important games where a lot is at stake.  Many goalkeepers throughout the country make excellent saves as well as mistakes and he is probably no different to any of them.  We must get away from this belief that Greeno is the only worthwhile keeper to wear the yellow and green because when he has eventually left we are going to have to do without him then and I am sure that the goalkeeper will not be solely responsible for any relegation to whatever division.  Just ask the forwards who regularly miss chances and the defence that are regularly letting in goals at present.  

[quote]Having heard much about his displays at forest and then when watching him play i feel slightly nervous about the prospect of him appearing between the sticks. Although Worthington probably got him b...[/quote]

I''m with NavMan on this one.  We''ve got to give the poor guy a chance.  He only played 30 minutes on Saturday and that was his first competative football for ages

Yeah and we were already two goals down when he came on so he was hardly inspired with confidence in the rest of the team was he. 

I would rather have Gallacher or Lewis in goal personally. He may have played lots of games for Forest, but mates up here who support Forest were glad he went. That doesn''t help us much, and given his performance on Saturday he can make some pretty silly mistakes.

Thats exactly the same feeling i got from forest fans here, they are much happier with an ex-binner in goal (think that says it all!). Although what i would say I will fully support the bloke but there is only one keeper for us!!!

Brum uni - watch out for the zulu army mate from brum says they are nuts!!

Pah, any doubters should dig out last seasons dvd/video and forward to the Forest Match when we lost 2-0, a few blinding stops from Wales No 1

I must say I am a bit apprehensive too!

I love Robert Green but he will be moving on and the Canaries will carry on.

It looks very doubtful for Green on Saturday so lets hope Ward is ready!!