Sign in to follow this  
woody11

First manager to be sacked this season

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Lambert - I think Swindon will stuff us in the first game of the season with McNally poaching Danny Wilson for the vacant position within days.[/quote]

Swindon?

Either Keane (hope not!!!) or Gordon Strachan. He won''t stop signing players until Rangers and Celtic have no players left! But I think he''s got to realise the SPL and the N-Power championship (or what ever it''s called!) are completely different, and I can see some of their new recruits doing poorly next year, Even though they were good SPL players, I feel our league is a lot better standard than the Scottish top league, and they''ll get found out! Maybe they weren''''t as well know as the likes of Kris Boyd, but i seem to realise when we got Julien Brellier and Ian Murray, they were meant to be great SPL players, they hardly set the Championship alight!

I''m going with Strachan, can''t see also these Scottish misfits doing as well as expected.

An outsider could be Sousa, high expectations at leicester.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Lambert - I think Swindon will stuff us in the first game of the season with McNally poaching Danny Wilson for the vacant position within days.[/quote]Go back to your village Monty it''s missing you, Swindon are in League 1 and we were Promoted from there last Season so won''t be playing them.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Lambert - I think Swindon will stuff us in the first game of the season with McNally poaching Danny Wilson for the vacant position within days.[/quote]

And you are from Norwich and are a great fan you were saying in another thread, I suppose you think we will lose to Bournemouth in the second match aswell ?  Do everyone a favour and pi$$ off please

Towards the people

who think Ipswich will sack Keane it is highly unlikely as his compensation

will be far too much, Rule Keane out. Gordon Strachan is an interesting choice

as well but I understand where you are all coming from. Under Peter Grant, we

signed three players from SPL Clubs (Ian Murray, Julien Brellier and David

Marshall) only one of the signings was actually half decent and was a key player

for us. Gordon Strachan may well be the first manager to be given the sack this

upcoming season. But I see Middlesbourgh putting alot more faith in him than

they did with Gareth Southgate. I think if they get off to a bad start like always

QPR might be first they have after all, had more managers than anybody in England

league in last season and it would be a ridiculous idea to sack a manager of

Neil Warnock’s ability, but if QPR did sack him  I won’t be too surprised. Billy Davis maybe an

interesting addition as Nottingham Forest are among the highest spenders last

season and spent £1M on a player (Radoslaw Majewsk) Davis has Spent around £6M

to £8M and where Forest ended up last season they will hope for promotion and

if Davis can’t deliver  he could be axed.

My bet is on Brian Laws as he doesn’t seem to be able to manage a club like

Burnley and with the position they’re in, they are the only relegated premiership

team who can make a  challenge for

promotion,  if it comes towards October, November

time and Burnley are in mid table they will probably sack him.

Keene, although I hope not as I''m looking forward to another year of him terrifying the journos/squad/general public/small children etc.

I''d go for Derby manager Nigel Clough. A team that averages attendances of 29000 fans would be expected to be challenging for play-offs at least. They finished last season 14th so a shakey start to this season will most likely see him gone before christmas.

i can agree to Nigel as well as Derby were expecting promotion last season and finished in a rather disapointing position at 14th

[quote user="MiCanariano"]i can agree to Nigel as well as Derby were expecting promotion last season and finished in a rather disapointing position at 14th
[/quote]

You may well be right.

BUT, didn''t Derby have the most horrendous injury list ever and wern''t they worried at one stage about getting a team out?