Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

In his year in history -1983.

We won the FA Youth Cup under Dave Stringer.

Anybody have interesting insights or memories you''d like to share with us?

[:)]

OTBC

yep . decent crowds at bot hlegs of the final and replay and semi final - practically no players from either team made it into either our or Evertons first team ( except Mark Farrington - who played for them but got signed by us and was an awful player )

[quote user="lappinitup"]

You could have posted this under your "yawn" thread! [:S]

[/quote]

Your continual attempted disruption of blybly''s posts is getting very boring & childish now.

[quote user="Walphy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Your continual attempted disruption of blybly''s posts is getting very boring & childish now.

[/quote]

Speak for yourself [:)]

[quote user="gary "]yep . decent crowds at bot hlegs of the final and replay and semi final - practically no players from either team made it into either our or Evertons first team ( except Mark Farrington - who played for them but got signed by us and was an awful player )[/quote]

Well, I don''t think that Louis Donowa, Tony Spearing and Jeremy Goss did do too badly for themselves afterwards. Although I agree that no-one reached great heights.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Walphy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Speak for yourself [:)]

[/quote]

Oh Macca baby you''re too clever by half.

[quote user="Walphy"]disruption of blybly''s posts is getting very boring........[/quote]And of course his trolling isn''t?  Why don''t you ask him if he was there? [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Walphy"]disruption of blybly''s posts is getting very boring........[/quote]And of course his trolling isn''t?  Why don''t you ask him if he was there? [^o)][/quote]

So you find his posts more annoying than a certain fruit that posts a word of rubbish every 30 secs from school out to bedtime do you?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Walphy"]disruption of blybly''s posts is getting very boring........[/quote]And of course his trolling isn''t?  Why don''t you ask him if he was there? [^o)][/quote]

So you find his posts more annoying than a certain fruit that posts a word of rubbish every 30 secs from school out to bedtime do you?[/quote]Too close to call Butler! It''s a toss-up between juvenile delinquency or senility. Hmm! [^o)]

What difference does it make if he was there or not? Sounds to me like he''s been a supporter longer than you to start with.

You''re sounding like nutty nigel now having it up about those supporters who live away

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]

So you find his posts more annoying than a certain fruit that posts a word of rubbish every 30 secs from school out to bedtime do you?[/quote]Too close to call Butler! It''s a toss-up between juvenile delinquency or senility. Hmm! [^o)]

[/quote]

You''re too smug by half mate.

Seeking company?

[quote user="Walphy"]What difference does it make if he was there or not? Sounds to me like he''s been a supporter longer than you to start with.

You''re sounding like nutty nigel now having it up about those supporters who live away

[/quote]In his opening post Bly talks about "memories". What memories can someone have of a cup run if they weren''t actually there?

[quote user="Walphy"]

[quote user="gary "]yep . decent crowds at bot hlegs of the final and replay and semi final - practically no players from either team made it into either our or Evertons first team ( except Mark Farrington - who played for them but got signed by us and was an awful player )[/quote]

Well, I don''t think that Louis Donowa, Tony Spearing and Jeremy Goss did do too badly for themselves afterwards. Although I agree that no-one reached great heights.

[/quote]

Louie Donawa played about 18 months on and off in our first team , Tony spearing was a second choice full back and Jeremy Goss had a good six months , but I believe holds the record for the longest time to get to 100 appearances - none were ever first choice for a long period of time and had Goss not scored against Munich he would be remembered as a very poor bit part player

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Walphy"]What difference does it make if he was there or not? Sounds to me like he''s been a supporter longer than you to start with.

[/quote]In his opening post Bly talks about "memories". What memories can someone have of a cup run if they weren''t actually there?[/quote]Ok, I''ll be the pedant. He doesn''t actually say "my memories are………" does he, so it could be construed as research for him, for want of a better description?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Walphy"]What difference does it make if he was there or not? Sounds to me like he''s been a supporter longer than you to start with.

[/quote]In his opening post Bly talks about "memories". What memories can someone have of a cup run if they weren''t actually there?[/quote]

That''s very churlish to say the least.

You''re trashing all the City supporters who live overseas, who have moved from the area, who are away at university...................That''s not very nice.

There''s nothing wrong with the topic bly posted at all.

Give over mate.

Do you think any of them are ready yet for the 1st team? I think PL should loan some out for experience before rushing them into championship football

[quote user="Walphy"]

What difference does it make if he was there or not? Sounds to me like he''s been a supporter longer than you to start with.

[/quote]

And where has nutty nigel "had it up" about supporters who live away[:^)]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Did not Bly get his username from a headline in the EDP from the sixties? Which would mean that he was certainly about in the 80''s. Or have I missed the point.

[/quote]

I think it must have come from the 1958-59 FA Cup run with Terry Bly and all.

You''re right on point mate, dont worry.

I can see both points of  view here.Everyone should have the right to start threads that they consider "interesting"But BBB really is an Olympic standard bore.

[quote user="morty"]I can see both points of  view here.

Everyone should have the right to start threads that they consider "interesting"

But BBB really is an Olympic standard bore.
[/quote]

I dont really think bly is a bore to many. As I see it hes trenchant and stands his corner against board bullies like lappinitup, and those who love to twist things.

You youself are one of the  real champion bores on this forum whether you know it or not. What is it, 7000 posts since you came back a few months ago?

[quote user="Walphy"]

[quote user="morty"]I can see both points of  view here.Everyone should have the right to start threads that they consider "interesting"But BBB really is an Olympic standard bore.[/quote]

I dont really think bly is a bore to many. As I see it hes trenchant and stands his corner against board bullies like lappinitup, and those who love to twist things.

You youself are one of the  real champion bores on this forum whether you know it or not. What is it, 7000 posts since you came back a few months ago?

[/quote]Wow, how predictable.I really don''t care what you think of me.Though I''m flattered you have decided to pay so much attention to me, but have to say mate, sorry, I''m taken.[:)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

We won the FA Youth Cup under Dave Stringer.

Anybody have interesting insights or memories you''d like to share with us?

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

The players are no longer youth team players, and we have a new youth team.  It''s "circle of life" kind of stuff.

[quote user="gary "][quote user="Walphy"]

[/quote] Louie Donawa played about 18 months on and off in our first team , Tony spearing was a second choice full back and Jeremy Goss had a good six months , but I believe holds the record for the longest time to get to 100 appearances - none were ever first choice for a long period of time and had Goss not scored against Munich he would be remembered as a very poor bit part player[/quote]

The players who went on to play for the first team were Spearing, Goss, Donowa, Clayton (including the League Cup semi final at Ipswich),  Godbold and Crowe (both once only I think) and Rigby.  Mark Metcalfe looked like he would have a first team career but was badly injured.

That was the best youth team I have seen at Norwich

[quote user="Walphy"]You''re trashing all the City supporters who live overseas, who have moved from the area, who are away at university...................That''s not very nice.[/quote]Now you''re being silly. I was talking about one poster and one post and now we''ve gone international. Instead of arguing with me, why don''t you answer Bly''s question. Have you any memories you''d like to share? I feel sure you must have!

Anyway, I must be off, I''m away to bully that Morty for you! [+o(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Walphy"]You''re trashing all the City supporters who live overseas, who have moved from the area, who are away at university...................That''s not very nice.[/quote]Now you''re being silly. I was talking about one poster and one post and now we''ve gone international. Instead of arguing with me, why don''t you answer Bly''s question. Have you any memories you''d like to share? I feel sure you must have!

Anyway, I must be off, I''m away to bully that Morty for you! [+o(]

[/quote]

Why dont you quote the relevant part you wrote instead of conveniently omitting it?

You wrote. Typical.In his opening post Bly talks about "memories". What memories can someone have of a cup run if they weren''t actually there?

Now stop wriggling mate.

I dont bully or subcontract bullying and if I did I certainly wouldnt either employ you or waste time on Morty.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="gary "][quote user="Walphy"]

[/quote] Louie Donawa played about 18 months on and off in our first team , Tony spearing was a second choice full back and Jeremy Goss had a good six months , but I believe holds the record for the longest time to get to 100 appearances - none were ever first choice for a long period of time and had Goss not scored against Munich he would be remembered as a very poor bit part player[/quote]

The players who went on to play for the first team were Spearing, Goss, Donowa, Clayton (including the League Cup semi final at Ipswich),  Godbold and Crowe (both once only I think) and Rigby.  Mark Metcalfe looked like he would have a first team career but was badly injured.

That was the best youth team I have seen at Norwich

[/quote]

I remember the team announcement at Ipswich in the Milk Cup Semi Final and the name Clayton was announced - 11,000 NCFC fans groaned as one and the talk around me was wht did Ken Brown pick him for such an important game

Rigby and Crowe played successfully for Wroxham for many years and Mark Metcalfe was always a bit lightweight to my mind

We see it now , youth players full of promise who look great , end up playing locally - Cave Brown , Fisk , Halliday to name the first three that came into my head