Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

ATMOSPHERE

Which is the best away Ground for Vocal Support!!! It got me Thinking, as Carrow Road can be quite good, once the Barclay and Snakepit hit the High Notes, Shame the other Stands dont join in!!

I can always remember forest being quite intimidating once they all get going, also wolves in the play off semi was incredible, only time i have been too wolves so was prob a one off but still a bit special !

Hillsborough the last day of the 2007/8 season was great at times, they had to win to stay up and we had over 5,000 up there just for a good time to see Dion & Hucks last farewell, it was pretty quiet whilst we were 1-0 up but once they got on  level terms and then pulled ahead the atmosphere was great.Can''t beat the traditional grounds for atmosphere when full & buzzing.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]River Plate, especially for the Boca Juniors derby games.[/quote]Never been the same since they scuttled the Graf Spee mind.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]River Plate, especially for the Boca Juniors derby games.[/quote]

And there was me thinking you should only go to the games played in your own city, that''s what all your other posts have been telling people, right?

millwall is always loud.

I thought the atmosphere at orient away was very poor. Especially from our lot.

We were in good voice at hudders though.

the worst is definatly portman road. Not just because they are our rivals but it is seriously quiet even when turn up. Ive been away to ipswich 4 times and i still couldnt tell you a song they sing or even to a tune of one. Apart from the obvius "And its ipswich town ipswich town fc" possibly the most generic song in football? God i hate to think how quiet it is when 200 doncaster fans turn up.

[quote user="norfolk_canary"]Orient last season. It was brilliant![/quote]

the few players/staff upstairs on the other stand were fan-tastic

West Ham has always been good, and I''ve been to Sunderland a couple of times and that is terrific when the home fans get going.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Which is the best away Ground for Vocal Support!!! It got me Thinking, as Carrow Road can be quite good, once the Barclay and Snakepit hit the High Notes, Shame the other Stands dont join in!!

[/quote]

Some of us in the Jarrold stand do join in.....despite the opera goers.

Mind you, you are right re the biscuit chasers (except Mello Yello and Tilly) in the GW (City) stand. 

[quote user="City penguin"]the worst is definatly portman road. Not just because they are our rivals but it is seriously quiet even when turn up. Ive been away to ipswich 4 times and i still couldnt tell you a song they sing or even to a tune of one. Apart from the obvius "And its ipswich town ipswich town fc" possibly the most generic song in football? God i hate to think how quiet it is when 200 doncaster fans turn up.[/quote]

What do you expect from the DISLOYAL Binner support.

A Leeds fan described them as a bunch of turnips.....sitting in silence.

For a small crowd of less that 10K in a three sided stadium, Blackpool is very impressive. It is not just the drummer either. This year they have something of an east stand and will squeeze in about 16,000. I hear that they are the only prem club not to ban the vuvu whatsit. Whatever their results, they are going to have a lot of fun with Olly at the helm.

I am Canary through and through and will pick up two or three games here in the North, but Blackpool are now my local team and it is going to be mayhem up here one way or another. I am looking forward to seeing Arsen Venger''s face when he goes to Bloomfield Road.

millwall away last season was literally deafening,(almost)

City versus Spurs 1973 League Cup Final at Wembley.  When we arrived around 2 minutes to 3 (bus got lost) and walked into the stadium at the very top of the stands, the excitement of actually being there as you climbed the steps seemed to make it no effort, but as you walked over the last step and your eyes started seeing the opposite stand, all in blue and white, and then the pitch, and then, as you came over the crest, there laid out before you was a sea of green and yellow, the chant of On the Ball City being loudly sung, and that Wembley electricity that is always described but I have only ever experienced on that day to that degree smacks you right in the face and envelops you, you stop, look, your heart pounds and tears swell as your pride in the love of Norwich city is raised to a level never experienced before as all our fans and seemingly the whole of Norwich are there.  Magic.  Ralph Coates spoiled the day and City didn''t play an exciting spindly long blonde flowing hair youngster whose face I can see but name escapes me, but chose Albert Bennett who wore white boots, a bad omen.  Spurs fans afterwards were fearful of our young lad and were so happy when he wasn''t selected.  Mmmmm if only..........