Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Dagenham & Redbridge v Norwich City - latest

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Dagenham & Redbridge deservedly lead 1-0 at the break.[/quote]What''s with Tudor Jones playing at centre half ? Was Whitbread injured again? [/quote]Complained of a tight calf in the warm-up.

so much negativity on here my feeling is a lot of you are glory supporters and only get behind the team when we win, its a friendly for F***S SAKE!! its just a case of the players gelling and by the time we play watford in 2 weeks they will, have some faith. If we down i''ll eat my words but im a true supporter unlike some!!!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Dagenham & Redbridge deservedly lead 1-0 at the break.[/quote]What''s with Tudor Jones playing at centre half ? Was Whitbread injured again? [/quote]Complained of a tight calf in the warm-up.[/quote]Thanks Pete, result doesn''t matter but we seem to be playing a lot of players that I wouldn''t expect to get anywhere near the starting eleven. Hopefully some of our bigger players will be back against Newcastle on Saturday, they could certainly do with some minutes on the pitch before we play Watford.

Am really not bothered by the scoreline in any of our pre season games - the idea of them is to build up fitness and get the players gelling, results are of secondary importance. I recall us having some of our best seasons after a poor pre-season and vice versa so they don''t give any clues as to what might happen when things get properly underway.

That said, I am a wee bit concerned about the defence - Askou is absent, Smith injured, Whitbread injured this evening, Ward just back...it would certainly help if we were able to play something approaching our first choice defence together prior to Watford.

After last seasons great pre-season and subsequent Colchester debacle, a spot of reverse psychology wouldn''t go amiss here. Keep losing Norwich, save the goals for the Watford game!

I pretty much gave up on pre-season friendlies when I went to Uni 22 years ago. They really can mislead on so many levels -for instance I recall Darren Beckford looking class in his pre season debut, scoring a hat trick in next to no time and looking really sharp....we all know how that turned out!!

I am about at the weekend though, and the chance to see our new guys was too much of a pull, so will be going and taking my 5-year-old to his first game...was a bit surprised at it being £10 for him, but if I can indoctrinate him into all things City it will be worth it!!

[quote user="Olski_yellows"]so much negativity on here my feeling is a lot of you are glory supporters and only get behind the team when we win, its a friendly for F***S SAKE!! its just a case of the players gelling and by the time we play watford in 2 weeks they will, have some faith. If we down i''ll eat my words but im a true supporter unlike some!!![/quote][:$]

Cast your minds back to last pre season, we were winning, beating prem teams etc and look what happened come the real deal.

Pre season means nothing.