Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

NCFC Crest.. Should it be changed?

Just interested to see people''s opinions of if it should be modernised?
I know many clubs have done it in recent history, but then many of you fans im sure are traditionalists.
Me I have always thought the canary should be perched on a football?

It is perched on a football...

I''m firmly against any changing of the badge. It''s a fantastic piece of design, instantly recognisable and with both the symbol of the club (canary) and the city (the castle). Most new designed crests are awful.

[quote user="PL"]Just interested to see people''s opinions of if it should be modernised?
I know many clubs have done it in recent history, but then many of you fans im sure are traditionalists.
Me I have always thought the canary should be perched on a football?[/quote]

I''m going to say no as I have it tattooed on my leg!!!

[quote user="PL"]Just interested to see people''s opinions of if it should be modernised?
Me I have always thought the canary should be perched on a football?[/quote]

It is! Plus, No, I don''t think it should be changed because every football fan in the country can look at it and say what team it is which i think is a good thing, plus most of these new badges are pretty bad aswell!

It must be one of the only in the football league/premier league that doesn''t have either the club name/nickname or initials on it.

Leave it well alone...

NO, NO, NO!  And OP should be banned for even bringing it up as a discussion point! 

This was discussed to death about 18 months ago when the Board raised it as a discussion point, but only as a smoke screen whilst they fiddled while Roedent / Gunn got the club relegated.  It therefore brings back bad memories.  Leave it alone.

the reason most bigger club have changed they badges recently is so they can 100% own the rights on the badge so anyone who uses it has to pay them - i''d say if it get us money then a small change of the badge could add up to a small profit - then why not. did the 1960''s mob feel the same way about the old badge before is was changed to the current one?

Put a hook on the beak and change the ball to a human head, making the Canary look viscious. This would save me having to explain why the team is called Canaries instead of Hawks or Eagles, and it would also challenge the victim image canaries have (being sent into coal mines).

But seriously, no, don''t.

No!

Our club badge looks smart and has done the business since the early 70''s!

I know some people will think the grass is greener as such just like some think our great anthem On the ball City isn''t good when in reality its original and the oldest football song which makes it great, but if it ain''t broke don''t fix it!

I''m going to play devils advocate for a minute and say that IF we changed the badge we should go back to the canary that was on the 1960s badges - not the stylised bird that is on the current badge

Perhaps it should be changed to incorporate a club motto.

On The Ball City is the oldest football song still being sung in the world.  Shouldn''t that fact be recognised in our badge?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]I''m going to play devils advocate for a minute and say that IF we changed the badge we should go back to the canary that was on the 1960s badges - not the stylised bird that is on the current badge[/quote]

Agree entirely, I love the current badge and wouldn''t change a thing, however if change were to occur the only one I would like to see is a return to the original canary perched on a branch from the fifties and sixties.

Absolutely no need in my opinion to add any motto or names etc, the current badge is a very simple crisp and most importantly instantly recognisable piece of design which needs no alteration whatsoever.

Did anyoen happen to notice burnleys new badge last season? It looks like something a pre-school child has designed in paint. If any of these new designs are anything to go by then its a definate no no!

The crest should be a green knife and fork crossed over on yellow plate....Because without the financial contribution and commitment of our true saviour, this club wouldn''t exist....

Bring back the Bruce Oldfield football Colmans shirt design as well....(and those yellow shorts). 

How about, basically you keep the badge the same.  But get a sponsor to sponsor the ball the canary is standing on.  For example,  you could have Adidas, Mitre, QD, Towergate Lotus whatever on the ball.

"did the 1960''s mob feel the same way about the old badge before is was changed to the current one?"

Yes we did!

Having said that, the present one is excellent, leave it alone.