Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

NCFC adopts Ryanair approach?

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Muddy funster"]Or new players this season, budgeted for by the increase in ticket charges. Stop whingeing and remember the largest revenue for our club comes from ticket sales. As long as they don''t go mental, I''d be more than happy. If I lived nearer I''d be a season ticket holder and get a deal on the price of a ticket anyway. I don''t begrudge paying our club anything. They have the people in charge now to use the money properly. Finally.[/quote]That''s exactly what they play on.  Our supporters are so loyal we can do what we want and they''ll still love us for it.  [/quote]They can only push that loyalty so far though. The pricing of the friendlies being a prime example, I''d love to go to both, but can only afford one.

I agree the club needs to be careful here. Its one thing maximising revenue and cashing in whilst demand is there which is clearly what they are doing at the moment but its another to erode the long term goodwill of your fanbse through imposing petty charges. I just hope they are savvy enough to react to the mood of the fans whne it comes to ticket prices. We will probably sell out Watford with it being first game of the season and optimism high but come February if we are mid table such prices will just see empty seats.

As for the £1.50 admin charge I can see the justification for charging a modest amount per transaction and to cover postage of tickets but if they are charging it per ticket then for me thats out of order as most will be paid for in a single payment and they will of course be sent in the same envelope!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I agree the club needs to be careful here. Its one thing maximising revenue and cashing in whilst demand is there which is clearly what they are doing at the moment but its another to erode the long term goodwill of your fanbse through imposing petty charges. I just hope they are savvy enough to react to the mood of the fans whne it comes to ticket prices. We will probably sell out Watford with it being first game of the season and optimism high but come February if we are mid table such prices will just see empty seats.

As for the £1.50 admin charge I can see the justification for charging a modest amount per transaction and to cover postage of tickets but if they are charging it per ticket then for me thats out of order as most will be paid for in a single payment and they will of course be sent in the same envelope!

[/quote]If that''s the case and I was buying two or three tickets.  I''d make sure the sales person would have the fag of doing each ticket separately[:P]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

They don''t charge per ticket, I boughts tickets for Newcastle and Everton and it was £1.50 in total.

I  still think its out of order to charge season ticket holders a booking fee for away tickets after we''ve already paid over £40O for our season tickets although wouldn''t object to paying the postage.

Also agree with Morty that £15 for the two friendlies is far too much, means its cost £31.50 for those two friendlies for people who can''t collect their tickets.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

They don''t charge per ticket, I boughts tickets for Newcastle and Everton and it was £1.50 in total.

I  still think its out of order to charge season ticket holders a booking fee for away tickets after we''ve already paid over £40O for our season tickets although wouldn''t object to paying the postage.

Also agree with Morty that £15 for the two friendlies is far too much, means its cost £31.50 for those two friendlies for people who can''t collect their tickets.

[/quote]For me and the junior mortys, Saturdays game is going to cost a total of £35. I don''t have a massive objection to paying £15 for me, but a tenner for each child is shocking. Had it been a fiver per child I probably would have gone to both.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stevenage was £18 for Norwich fans behind a goal if you please for a club that was non league 5 minutes ago so can we get this in perspective please everybody.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stevenage was £18 for Norwich fans behind a goal if you please for a club that was non league 5 minutes ago so can we get this in perspective please everybody.

[/quote]My perspective is that Norwich are a much, much bigger club than Stevenage, so they have every right to get excited about our visit. Newcastle are a Premiership club only in theory so far, and Everton are hardly Man Utd.My point is that had they charged in a more common sense way, they would have actually made more money out of far larger crowds, in my opinion anyway.

Charge a fiver for kids and there would be far more of the little darlings there on Saturday wanting drinks, sweets, food making more money for the club, and also the Canary Preview which is excellent value at just £4....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

£14 for City fans tonight at Dagenham so that is £32 in 48 hours before petrol has been put in vehicles for a total mileage of around 400 miles.[:P]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Charge a fiver for kids and there would be far more of the little darlings there on Saturday wanting drinks, sweets, food making more money for the club, and also the Canary Preview which is excellent value at just £4....[/quote]Haha, good point, and good plug lol.My main gripe here is that a tenner is actually more than my kids will be paying (well, me) for each actual league game this season.Say all you like its Prem opposition, but in reality its just another meaningless pre season friendly.

Dereham away was enough for me but to all those going I hope it''s an entertaining, competitive game....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m liking this "new Tilly"[Y]

But the old one was more fun[;)] So can you please take these concerns to the club pronto[:@]

And then report back the club''s reasonable explaination that anyone else could''ve got by using their own Dog and Bone

Thank you[:P]

I can''t see any problem with this whatsoever.

Naaaridgge is a local club for local people - FACT!

If you live in Norwich, nip down to the ticket office, no booking fee.

If you live in Lahdidah London and can''t send your one of your lackies up in the Bentley, cough up.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

I can''t see any problem with this whatsoever.

Naaaridgge is a local club for local people - FACT!

If you live in Norwich, nip down to the ticket office, no booking fee.

If you live in Lahdidah London and can''t send your one of your lackies up in the Bentley, cough up.

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It cost me 6 pounds booking fee to book a Bill Bailey gig in September, daft thing was I then had to print my own tickets !
[/quote]Hmm! counterfeiting eh Blah! How much you charging for them £20 notes? [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Charge a fiver for kids and there would be far more of the little darlings there on Saturday wanting drinks, sweets, food making more money for the club, and also the Canary Preview which is excellent value at just £4....
[/quote]

Haha, good point, and good plug lol.

My main gripe here is that a tenner is actually more than my kids will be paying (well, me) for each actual league game this season.

Say all you like its Prem opposition, but in reality its just another meaningless pre season friendly.
[/quote]

Could not agree more guys. To go to the Newcastle and Everton games ( 2 kids 2 adults ) would have cost £100 + travel drinks ect. The Carling cup game is a competitive game and the prices are reduced dramatically including £1 for kids. This is a night game and I appreciate it is in the school holidays but is it not right that kids dont attend night games in such large numbers. Would have been far more sensible to keep kids to a £1 for the friendlies and add £10 to the price of the kids season tickets as although I buy 2 kids season tickets I still beleive they are far to cheap at around £4 a game. 

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Businesses have costs to cover.[/quote]they do.. but then Tickets should be priced at according value without the need for a booking fee.. booking fees online are rediculous!

Thing is though that for the friendlies the club will make a lot more out of £12,000 turning up at £15 a head than they would if £18,000 trun up with the majority paying £5. As a purely commercial exercise therefore I can understand why they are doing it although personally I would rather have the ground full and encourage people to bring their kids to these types of games. We mustn''t forget that our season ticket surge started because of the cheap under 16 and under 12 deals and people getting used to going to games regularly with their kids. Would be a shame to price out the next generation of fans.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

It''s not uncommon when it comes to booking tickets through other companies as some have already pointed out but I still think it''s a bit sneaky. Luckily I work in the city so I can walk down to the shop in the mall to get tickets.

[/quote]

Not anymore you can''t Shack Attack. You have to go to Carrow Road. They don''t sell tickets in the mall anymore.

Personally i was surprised that the 6% increase for this season was so low.  I understand that booking fees seem a bit sneaky but it probably equates to the club putting up prices by 7% rather than 6%, and if that had happened would there really have been a huge outcry?

When it comes down to it we have just spent £2-3m on our team having sold none of our stars-the most ambitious the club has been since the Prem promotion season- and therefore it is inevitable that the club will try to squeeze a bit more out of people to help cover this.  Would people prefer to have sold Hoolihan+Holt and brought in lower league freebies to replace them but not having to pay a booking fee?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Personally i was surprised that the 6% increase for this season was so low.  I understand that booking fees seem a bit sneaky but it probably equates to the club putting up prices by 7% rather than 6%, and if that had happened would there really have been a huge outcry?

When it comes down to it we have just spent £2-3m on our team having sold none of our stars-the most ambitious the club has been since the Prem promotion season- and therefore it is inevitable that the club will try to squeeze a bit more out of people to help cover this.  Would people prefer to have sold Hoolihan+Holt and brought in lower league freebies to replace them but not having to pay a booking fee?

[/quote]I don''t think its about that. If when the season tickets were increased (I don''t remember if it was or not) it was said that the increase was to fund new players, ambition etc then no one would have massive issue.Its the being a bit sneaky that grips people I should imagine.

I would complain about it but it''s pretty commonplace for these booking fee''s - last season over the phone i was charged a booking fee twice out of god how many times - so i''m not entirely sure what was going on then!

But if i want a Ticket for a gig at the UEA and i do it online - £1.50 booking fee. Somewhere else charged me a £1.50 booking fee so maybe it''s an unofficially set standard price [:D]

[quote user="CallsignViper"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

It''s not uncommon when it comes to booking tickets through other companies as some have already pointed out but I still think it''s a bit sneaky. Luckily I work in the city so I can walk down to the shop in the mall to get tickets.

[/quote]

Not anymore you can''t Shack Attack. You have to go to Carrow Road. They don''t sell tickets in the mall anymore.

[/quote]They still do.

Yes it does look a bit sneaky morty, but it`s not as if there aren`t ways round it (or reduce it).  Buy tickets in advance when you are in the city, get someone to do it for you, buy several games at once thereby only paying £1.50 charge for many tickets rather than just one. 

I appreciate that there are some people who will genuinely struggle to pay a few quid extra here or there, but personally i think they are dwarfed by the number who can afford to pay a bit more for a bit of ambition on the pitch, but who will whinge because they`ve got used to cheap footy and can`t make the connection between cheap tickets and poor fare on the pitch.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Yes it does look a bit sneaky morty, but it`s not as if there aren`t ways round it (or reduce it).  Buy tickets in advance when you are in the city, get someone to do it for you, buy several games at once thereby only paying £1.50 charge for many tickets rather than just one. 

I appreciate that there are some people who will genuinely struggle to pay a few quid extra here or there, but personally i think they are dwarfed by the number who can afford to pay a bit more for a bit of ambition on the pitch, but who will whinge because they`ve got used to cheap footy and can`t make the connection between cheap tickets and poor fare on the pitch.

[/quote]I''m personally not that really arsed about the booking fee, I have a season ticket anyway and don''t go to many away games, also Carrow road is a 5 minute walk, which I would happily do to save a quid and a half lol.And I don''t have anything against financing ambition.But there have been a few things recently that have made me see that the club isn''t quite as transparent and up front as they have been in previous years, which I don''t think there is any need for.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Fair enough morty, i was using a general "you" rather than aiming at you specifically [;)][/quote]I know lol.[:)]

Maybe I''m missing a business opportunity here lol.You ring me up, I walk over to Carrow Road to buy your ticket for you, at the knock down price of just £1.[:)]

Well i live in the city so i`m going to undercut you- 90p a time and free bike delivery within 8miles of Norwich is all i`m asking folks!  I`m gonna get filthy-rich and super-fit at the same time [;)] [:D]