Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

NCFC adopts Ryanair approach?

Phoned the ticket office today to discover that tickets now bought over the phone or online are subject to a £1.50 "booking fee".

Now I have no idea how many trek down to the ground to buy a ticket but for those living outside the immediate area this just smacks of exploitation. There must be quite a few of us who have no option but to cough up the premium. does anyone know if this is to apply to away tickets too?

Almost anything you book online or over the phone has a booking fee. I have to book a booking fee to get the train back for the Watford game. Get over it.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Almost anything you book online or over the phone has a booking fee. I have to book a booking fee to get the train back for the Watford game. Get over it.[/quote]Instead of ''getting over it'' we should complain more.  Businesses would be less likely be getting away with it.  Some just use it as a ready made excuse to extort more cash out of your pocket.

Businesses have costs to cover. Most companies you buy tickets from are intermediaries who need to make money/keep afloat somehow, and booking charges is how they do it. They provide a service, and costs need to be met. £1.50 is mercifully small compared to a lot of booking fees, and the money goes to the club - it certainly doesn''t tear me up that they have an extra £1.50 of my hard earned.

You can call me a fair weather fan.

However I was planning to go to opening game..went online, selected seat..ten saw £29 + 1.50.

I thought...forget it its on sky, which I already find a rip off (as many others do).

Especailly when like many others, I struggling to pee in a pot!

Sometimes the club takes advantage of our good nature, patience and then hit us where it hurts!

Similar to last year tickets for Stockport we''re outrageous, esp when they we''re bottom!!

Grr

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

However I was planning to go to opening game..went online, selected seat..ten saw £29 + 1.50.

I thought...forget it its on sky, which I already find a rip off (as many others do).

Sometimes the club takes advantage of our good nature, patience and then hit us where it hurts!

Similar to last year tickets for Stockport we''re outrageous, esp when they we''re bottom!!

Grr

[/quote]Would you have bought the ticket if it was a straight £29 as opposed to £30.50?

Correct me if i''m wrong, but if someone pay by card NCFC get charged so much for that, if so maybe just covering the cost of that? if that is correct Norwich lose out cash wise.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Grr

[/quote]

I struggle to see the relation between a £1.50 booking fee, and your inability to aim "Lil'' Canary" correctly at your peeing pot.

Correct me if i''m wrong, but if someone pay by card NCFC get charged so much for that, if so maybe just covering the cost of that? if that is correct Norwich lose out cash wise.

Credit cards charge a per centage for the right to use them at the location, so yes.

Debit cards don''t.

30 quid to sit at back of n&p upper vs watford. english football eh, great aint it.

blimey. just looked through some other champ clubs prices. ours quite higher. except for ipswich. top price £41.50!!!

A flat £1.50 for a credit card booking fee seems pretty fair. The club has costs as someone pointed out earlier, & the likes of Ticketmaster charge something like 15% of the ticket price as a booking fee. Then another £2.50 for postage. £10 gig ticket there this week ended up costing me £14.20.

[quote user="Darlo dumplin"]Phoned the ticket office today to discover that tickets now bought over the phone or online are subject to a £1.50 "booking fee".

Now I have no idea how many trek down to the ground to buy a ticket but for those living outside the immediate area this just smacks of exploitation. There must be quite a few of us who have no option but to cough up the premium. does anyone know if this is to apply to away tickets too?[/quote]You think that''s bad?  Wait until you arrive at the turnstiles with a suitcase weighing more than 20kg.  [:@]

It''s quite sneaky really. You go online ready to pay £25+ for your ticket so when you see an extra £1.50 charge you think "Oh well, it''s only £1.50". Whereas if they put all the tickets up by £1.50 you would be looking at paying over £30 for that £29 Watford ticket mentioned earlier before you even log in to the online ticketing site. As stupid as it sounds I reckon a lot of people would be put off by the thought of a ticket costing over £30. But once they''re logged in and have picked their seat they are a lot less likely to be bothered by paying the same amount through the addition of this charge.

It''s not uncommon when it comes to booking tickets through other companies as some have already pointed out but I still think it''s a bit sneaky. Luckily I work in the city so I can walk down to the shop in the mall to get tickets.

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]Correct me if i''m wrong, but if someone pay by card NCFC get charged so much for that, if so maybe just covering the cost of that? if that is correct Norwich lose out cash wise.[/quote]Ah, my day job kicks in!This is correct.  Anything purchased on card is liable to an interchange fee, which the card network charges to the retailer as the "cost" of using their card network to complete the transaction.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interchange_feeSo if you buy something on your Visa card from Tesco, Visa charge Tesco a small % of the total transaction.  It doesn''t directly affect you (though pricing will take interchange into account) but this is why you should always can always haggle with smaller retailers if paying cash.  Clearly, arguing with Tesco is not to be encouraged.However, typical interchange is 1-2%, which is much less than £1.50.  So the club make out of it too, even allowing for the cost of their payment system (which probably charges on a per transaction basis).What?   [|-)]

As long as the elitist Premier League are allowed to

self-contain their interests and therefore money isn''t fairly distributed

throughout the leagues, other clubs will have to come up with more ways to

gander revenue.  Apparently players wages and so forth are immune to this

age of austerity, however, fans pockets aren''t. 

Financials in English football need an over haul.  Wouldn''t hold your breath mind,

there''s far too much self-interest.

I should imagine they have to pay a fee for each card transaction they put through, and are passing on the costs to the customer. It''s a standard thing, if this wasn''t happening before then that''s probably something that was picked up very quickly when McNally and co stepped in.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Grr

[/quote]

Would you have bought the ticket if it was a straight £29 as opposed to £30.50?
[/quote]

Nope, still was not going to pay.

Just for info - i think its £1.50 each, so if you buy two its £3.00 etc

When I pay £30 to Sky and its on there, I can sit back and watch with a beer! I''ll also save £20 train ticket.

However its only because its on sky - any other games that are not on I shall be there at the Rud

[quote user="Michael Starr"]I should imagine they have to pay a fee for each card transaction they put through, and are passing on the costs to the customer. It''s a standard thing, if this wasn''t happening before then that''s probably something that was picked up very quickly when McNally and co stepped in.[/quote]No, HC just said earlier.  Banks only charge for credit cards.  NOT debt cards.  Therefore being charged a booking fee to pay with you debt card is just a money making racket.  IMO it makes it worse especially the club is in the sole business to sell tickets in the bloody first place.  Least business that sell train & concert tickets have an excuse that they''re a third party company.

No there''s a fee to the merchant regardless of it being debit or credit card. On average as a merchant the fee for credit cards is 2.5% of the transaction, debit cards anything between 25-40p. Then you have the costs of terminal processing which will be flat p/month, then take into account postage of tickets and labour and there''s your £1.50 give or take.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Grr

[/quote]Would you have bought the ticket if it was a straight £29 as opposed to £30.50?[/quote]

Nope, still was not going to pay.

Just for info - i think its £1.50 each, so if you buy two its £3.00 etc

When I pay £30 to Sky and its on there, I can sit back and watch with a beer! I''ll also save £20 train ticket.

However its only because its on sky - any other games that are not on I shall be there at the Rud

[/quote]So your grievance is more with the price of the tickets than the £1.50 that has been added on top.

Personally, I think that the club should also introduce an SDF (Stadium Development Fee) not dissimilar to Norwich Airport''s ADF (Airport Development Fee).

Each adult has to pay £5 with kids between the ages of 2 to 15 years of age paying £1 each, before they are allowed to proceed through to the departure lounge at Norwich Airport....These surcharges are then pumped into the airport for improvements and suchlike. 

If NCFC adopt the same idea, which means that although you''re in possession of a season or match-day ticket you still have to chip in another £5 or £1 before you can enter the stadium.....No complaints from anyone, it''s only an extra fiver or a quid and it''s going towards making NCFC a better club.

Norwich Airport will be bigger than Stansted in five years time...

So, if by adopting the Norwich Airport mantra, it''ll soon be......

......Premiership, here we come!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Personally, I think that the club should also introduce an SDF (Stadium Development Fee) not dissimilar to Norwich Airport''s ADF (Airport Development Fee).

Each adult has to pay £5 with kids between the ages of 2 to 15 years of age paying £1 each, before they are allowed to proceed through to the departure lounge at Norwich Airport....These surcharges are then pumped into the airport for improvements and suchlike. 

If NCFC adopt the same idea, which means that although you''re in possession of a season or match-day ticket you still have to chip in another £5 or £1 before you can enter the stadium.....No complaints from anyone, it''s only an extra fiver or a quid and it''s going towards making NCFC a better club.

[/quote]

........ New cutlery and carpets in the restaurant? [:^)]

Or new players this season, budgeted for by the increase in ticket charges. Stop whingeing and remember the largest revenue for our club comes from ticket sales. As long as they don''t go mental, I''d be more than happy. If I lived nearer I''d be a season ticket holder and get a deal on the price of a ticket anyway. I don''t begrudge paying our club anything. They have the people in charge now to use the money properly. Finally.

[quote user="Aunty Marge"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

........ New cutlery and carpets in the restaurant? [:^)]

[/quote] 

[8] "Boiled beef and carpets...boiled beef and carpets." [8]

[quote user="3pmkickoff"]No there''s a fee to the merchant regardless of it being debit or credit card. On average as a merchant the fee for credit cards is 2.5% of the transaction, debit cards anything between 25-40p. Then you have the costs of terminal processing which will be flat p/month, then take into account postage of tickets and labour and there''s your £1.50 give or take.[/quote]That''s the business they''re in as far as I concerned. It should be costed in with everything else.  Local Councils and numerous our businesses don''t charge extra fees to send out crap in the post.It just makes second class supporters who don''t have a season ticket or can''t buy direct from the ticket office.  They''ll be putting a 50p handling fee on a burger next.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Or new players this season, budgeted for by the increase in ticket charges. Stop whingeing and remember the largest revenue for our club comes from ticket sales. As long as they don''t go mental, I''d be more than happy. If I lived nearer I''d be a season ticket holder and get a deal on the price of a ticket anyway. I don''t begrudge paying our club anything. They have the people in charge now to use the money properly. Finally.[/quote]That''s exactly what they play on.  Our supporters are so loyal we can do what we want and they''ll still love us for it.