Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Top 3 most important players this season

John Ruddy - An unknown pretty much, we''ve always been fairly lucky with having a good keeper, if he can have a good season it will go a long way

Andrew Surman - Always had plenty of promise but at the age now where he needs to show it, capable of being the all-round midfielder with tackling, passing and vision for goal

Grant Holt - can he make the step up? hugely important to have a target man in this division and if he can get anywhere near 20goals this year then we could be in and around 6th place

Ruddy - always need a solid keeper.Holt - leader and goal scorer, say no more.Hoolihoop - Makes the magic happen.

Ruddy - Needs to follow in Forster''s footstepsMartin - Will feel under pressure from Jackson, this will be a big year as he is getting to that ageWard - Will be 1st choice centre half

[quote user="Dogger "]Ruddy - Needs to follow in Forster''s footstepsMartin - Will feel under pressure from Jackson, this will be a big year as he is getting to that ageWard - Will be 1st choice centre half

[/quote]Agreed - I think this is a make or break year for Martin and something tells me it will be make. Can really see him breaking through as a key member of the team (not that he''s not already) and one of the better performers in the Championship this season.

I think it''s simply Holt, Martin and Hoolahan - the three best players from last season step up a level and all must perform. The new signings have time to fit in, these three need to hit the ground running. Will be good to see Martin at this level again - hopefully he can recapture the golden days of early 2007.

Ward definitely; HAS to stay fit. Other players aren''t ''bad'' but may be found out without him.

Holt; exactly as above.

Crofts; odd choice this one but if he''s the tough-tackling, all-action midfielder everyone keeps saying he is, may well be invaluable against some of the better teams. Have a look at how important Gary Holt was to us in our play-off season. Others can pass the ball all day long but if you''re being bossed by a better midfield, you need that guy to break it up and get the ball back.

I worry that Hoolahoop may, again, be found out at this level

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Ward definitely; HAS to stay fit. Other players aren''t ''bad'' but may be found out without him. Holt; exactly as above. Crofts; odd choice this one but if he''s the tough-tackling, all-action midfielder everyone keeps saying he is, may well be invaluable against some of the better teams. Have a look at how important Gary Holt was to us in our play-off season. Others can pass the ball all day long but if you''re being bossed by a better midfield, you need that guy to break it up and get the ball back. I worry that Hoolahoop may, again, be found out at this level[/quote]

I disagree with this. I feel Hoolahan is best with the ''free'' role that he played last season. Last time we were in the Championship he never played in that position and was found out on the wing. With him in the middle and a good midfield around him I believe he will be awesome this season.

My three is:

Ruddy

Ward

Holt

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="Dogger "]Ruddy - Needs to follow in Forster''s footstepsMartin - Will feel under pressure from Jackson, this will be a big year as he is getting to that ageWard - Will be 1st choice centre half

[/quote]Agreed - I think this is a make or break year for Martin and something tells me it will be make. Can really see him breaking through as a key member of the team (not that he''s not already) and one of the better performers in the Championship this season. [/quote]Yeh I got a feeling we are going to see Chris Martin really shine this year