Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Pre season+first 10 matches..Let Players

Settle in..Sometimes it can take some players up to 10 matches before they build up an understanding with new teammates (Iwan took a season!)..Some can hit it off straight away though like Olly did,but this is rare..

And pre season friendlies are just for building up levels and starting the process of team bonding,.The 1 thing the players will not want is to get an injury on the eve of the season,so dont expect 100% commitme nt into tackles just yet. So if we win/lose draw all our pre season games,it will not count for anything.. COC#S like binner takes a mean pen,will probably think it does!..The season we came 3rd in the prem (something the scmmers have never and will never achieve!),Didnt we have a ppoor preseason? .Different squad players will be involved for stamina build up in most of the early matches,and the later ones,will probably have a more settled team and be about familiarizing players with formations.

Tonight game is a perfect example..each player has to be giving a certain amount of pitch time in the first wave of friendlies..So it will not be about the score,win or lose,it will be about a schedule to reach the targets Lambert sets..A target a lot higher than gunn apparently and probably near what worthy used to demand..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

Settle in..Sometimes it can take some players up to 10 matches before they build up an understanding with new teammates (Iwan took a season!)..Some can hit it off straight away though like Olly did,but this is rare..

And pre season friendlies are just for building up levels and starting the process of team bonding,.The 1 thing the players will not want is to get an injury on the eve of the season,so dont expect 100% commitme nt into tackles just yet. So if we win/lose draw all our pre season games,it will not count for anything.. COC#S like binner takes a mean pen,will probably think it does!..The season we came 3rd in the prem (something the scmmers have never and will never achieve!),Didnt we have a ppoor preseason? .Different squad players will be involved for stamina build up in most of the early matches,and the later ones,will probably have a more settled team and be about familiarizing players with formations.

Tonight game is a perfect example..each player has to be giving a certain amount of pitch time in the first wave of friendlies..So it will not be about the score,win or lose,it will be about a schedule to reach the targets Lambert sets..A target a lot higher than gunn apparently and probably near what worthy used to demand..

[/quote]

Nope, top of the league by the end of August or it''s Lambert and the board out for me [:)]

I''d actually be slightly concerned if we''re not top by the start of August!

Losing at home to Watford would not be a very good start, as they''re surely a team that will struggle this year?

[/quote]

I agree to an extent. I think it''s important to get off to a good start (albeit not necessarily fatal if we don''t) I think we would have stayed up in 2008/09 had we won one of our first few games when we played well but didn''t have the fire power.

I think it''s particularly important this season to get off to a good start, we need to make the most of the momentum that we''re coming into the season with. This is what led the likes of Bristol City, Swansea and Leicester to do so well in their first seasons.

Beating Watford would be massive, not essential, but massive all the same.

Bump for wrathsapr#k and his other alias binner takes a ,MEAN pen...

22 players used,re read the paragraph aout first wave of friendlies

It also looks like,thankfully, Askou is still part of his plans,as he wouldbe played last night..(Mate involved with the youth and lower level,told me when he rang last night)

He also told me that ball(matt),is catchin lamberts eye and will prob be the next to gain experience elsewhere..Because of his position,he has to play with the kids,from an early age,and balls tackle even then impressed him..

[quote user="CanaryJames"]I''d actually be slightly concerned if we''re not top by the start of August! Losing at home to Watford would not be a very good start, as they''re surely a team that will struggle this year?[/quote]

yeah top of the league on a friday night!

I''m normally a big one for letting the players settle in, give them ten games, all of that stuff.

But I think it''s crucial that we get off to a good start. There''s so much optimism around after last season, and because of Lambert, that if we can make the most of a pretty friendly-looking first three games, we should be able to keep that momentum going and have a really good season. If we don''t get a couple of wins in the first three games then the next few fixtures are a lot tougher and the optimism could expire pretty quickly.

Based on last season, Lambert looks as though he gets his teams out of the blocks pretty well. Let''s hope that the Germany trip did us as much good as it did ColWho last season.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

Nope, top of the league by the end of August or it''s Lambert and the board out for me [:)]

[/quote]

Ha ha. Be interesting to see if we are 4 down at half time against Watford who will step up to the plate and throw their season tickets at Lambert.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]We didn''t wait 10 games last season.[/quote]

I think you will find,we did with a couple of the players...,But as i said,some do find their feet quicker,others can take a lot longer than 10..But with the exception of iwan,if they havent found their form within 6months,then imo they should be out the door!

10 is reasonably.....Hoolie took time to settle as well when he first came here..

[/quote]

Bumped for wrathsapri## and his other sign in name..binnertakesaMEANpeno