Sign in to follow this  
norwichtillidie

TEAM for SATURDAY (let's try different formation

Two main points regarding the team selection for Saturday.1. we must NOT go with the same defence we had at Charlton. (now conceaded 23 goals in 13 games, thats nearly 2 goals a game)(why do we HAVE to play 4-4-2)2. Hucks must NOT play as a left-winger, where he is easily marked out of a game. GREEN FLEMING DOHERTY CHARLTON HELVEG BENTLY FRANCIS MULRYNE BRENNAN HUCKERBY McKENZIEP.S Nothing against Edworthy and Drury who have been superb this season, but the different formation will suit Helveg and Brennan better

I agree entirely with comments 1&2 - if the defence is unchanged Worthy has failed to address the biggest challenge he has and Hux is far moe potent when he has a free role.

I am at the stage I dont really care what formation we have or even who the personnel are - but things must change.

However with Ward looking increasing likely to start and Helvegs outburst I doubt very much whether the back four will change at all.

OTBC

I really like that Norwichtilidie, looks good both attack-wise and defensively. Maybe I''d find a starting berth for McVeigh somewhere though...

[quote]Two main points regarding the team selection for Saturday.1. we must NOT go with the same defence we had at Charlton. (now conceaded 23 goals in 13 games, thats nearly 2 goals a game)(why do we HAVE t...[/quote]

Would prefer to see Shackell in centre of defence, although not as experienced as Doc feel more confident in Shacks abilities and willingness to carry ball out.

Centre of midfield also gives bit of concern, would prefer Safri in for Mulryne, more able to help Francis out in breaking down opposition play while at the same time willing to put foot on ball and look for people moving while retaining possession. With Safri for Mulryne this would allow us to retain Bentley to run at people and carry the ball between midfield and the forwards.