Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Fulham

Martin Jol turns them down, as does Eriksson.  Lee Clark denies that he''s been approached, which means he has, and that Fulham are casting their net pretty wide to find their next manager.  McNally has Fulham connections.  Norwich are lacklustre in their pre-season games.  Yeah, I''m worried.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]What happened to First Wizards thread on this subject? Is there any substance to this story? Have approaches been made?[/quote]

I was wondering about that. Saw the post earlier when I checked the pink''un on my phone on Cromer beach, but couldn''t access the thread and then it disappeared.

Pretty worrying given that most things that have no basis is fact are left alone....

..are Archant protecting an exclusive?

It was Wizard being a tit and trying to get some attention. As for McNally, he was turfed out of Fulham as he was the man who pushed so hard to get Lawrie Sanchez a job. He won''t be going back there any time soon.

[quote user="walks on water"]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]What happened to First Wizards thread on this subject? Is there any substance to this story? Have approaches been made?[/quote]

..are Archant protecting an exclusive?

[/quote]No.

errr, it might be the reasons that the others turned down the job that will stop many others from going there as well

He admitted that he had made it up in an effort to get some attention. I was reading it when it got pulled, not really surprised. He started the thread with a post with the word ''noooooooooooo'' in it.

I don''t think Fulham will come knocking for Lambert too quickly and I am also more inclined to believe Clarke.

Clarke played for Fulham did he not? So there is an instant connection there if the rumours have any amount of truth in them. But as others have said why go for the managers they have gone for only to give up and get in a very fresh manager from two leagues bellow them?

There are some other managers out there that could be worth a shot ahead of them arguably and some around that are not attached such as Curbishley. I doubt they will want an unproven lower league manager after Lawrie Sanchez, or untried untested in Colman. It will be interesting to see who does get it though.

Do you mean the untried untested former fulham manager Chris coleman by any chance?

"Fulham remain without a manager as they prepare for the start of the season on 14 August.

Cardiff City boss Dave Jones has been installed as the new favourite with bookmakers.

Sven-Goran

Eriksson was linked with the job before Jol, and former Manchester City

manager Mark Hughes is another name in he frame."

I think we''re safe.  Sorry, probably paranoia creeping up on me.

I don''t think Lambert is ready to manage in the top flight having never managed outside the top two divisions in England.

IF he does well with City at the start of this season I could imagine him being drafted in at a struggling Premier League club at the turn of the year, but for now, he''s not suddenly going to join one of the top ten Premier League sides.

Can''t believe Martin Jol was actually ever considering leaving Ajax for Fulham. It would be like leaving Arsenal for Vitesse Arnhem!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I think we''re safe.

[/quote]

But apparently the rest of us aren''t; at least, not from yet another of your ''hilarious'' satirical posts aimed at 1st Wizard (and those of that reactionary ilk.)You''re an excellent, intelligent, insightful poster but this joke is wearing very, very thin; especially seeing as, currently, you''re not actually sending anybody up.Last time I checked, everyone is remaining positive.

[quote user="Paul Lamberts Disciple"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

I think we''re safe.

[/quote]

But apparently the rest of us aren''t; at least, not from yet another of your ''hilarious'' satirical posts aimed at 1st Wizard (and those of that reactionary ilk.)You''re an excellent, intelligent, insightful poster but this joke is wearing very, very thin; especially seeing as, currently, you''re not actually sending anybody up.Last time I checked, everyone is remaining positive.

[/quote]Thanks for the kind words.  I know you will find this hard to believe, but this was a genuine concern.  I thought well, if they''re sniffing round Lee Clark, who hasn''t done anything at managerial level, then wouldn''t they have Lambert, who has achieved good things, on their radar?

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]What happened to First Wizards thread on this subject? Is there any substance to this story? Have approaches been made?[/quote]They tried to gag me in a sense  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/wink-3.gif[/IMG] but the truth will out..........he''s Fulham bound as I said! [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Zen/zen-22.gif[/IMG]

Wiz, have you made it your policy to use a daft icon in every single on of your posts?

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, have you made it your policy to use a daft icon in every single on of your posts?
[/quote]No[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/getmecoat.gif[/img]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]Wiz, have you made it your policy to use a daft icon in every single on of your posts?[/quote]No[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/getmecoat.gif[/img][/quote]Ta, just thought I''d check.[Y]

[quote user="Renegade Snare"]It''s not in Lambert''s best interest to move on yet, this is his critical season.[/quote]I think you''''ll find it is.

Keegan...

Outsider? Got Fulham into Division One (Championship) but left to concentrate on England. You''d never get a League One (effectively) based manager in charge of England these days!

Could he return though? Wasn''t doing badly at Newcastle last time out in truth.

Obviously he could go to someone like.. Wolves or Bolton but I believe it''s still quite a jump especially as he left Colwho rather quickly. Ok yes he completed the season with us and did a (excuse my French) ******* fantastic job but this is the season which will test him.

It''s worth him taking his time to the top, instead of jumping quickly and risking his reputation.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Renegade Snare"]It''s not in Lambert''s best interest to move on yet, this is his critical season.[/quote]I think you''''ll find it is.[/quote]I think you''ll find it isn''t.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Renegade Snare"]It''s not in Lambert''s best interest to move on yet, this is his critical season.[/quote]I think you''''ll find it is.[/quote]

I think you''ll find it isn''t.

[:)]
[/quote]

We''re going into administration next week, you know.....