Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers 2010/11

Hello Nutty

Yourself and the late great Ardee have been doing a great job with this for a few years now and long may it continue. It is a great read on a Friday night and has helped my with my accas in the past. For example When people add little bits of info about team news from the Slovakian 3rd division etc.

Any chance i can be added to the ressies list please? I will try to remember to add my nap every week and join the league. I do like a little dabble on the footy.

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone.

Great news...thanks Nutty and extra big thanks to Billy.

Can''t wait to have another go at the selections.

Superb news Nutty, and a massive thank you to Billy as well, although I do hope we take more money off his hands this year.

On a personal note, I''m very happy to be on the reserve list and id anyone drops out I would jump at the chance to pick.

Good luck to everyone for this season. [Y]

Hi Jed...

The thread is a great help to me in my accas too. I started doing them again last season. I had stopped for a while before that because it''s something Ray and I did together. I''m glad you want to join us and look forward to your selections each week. Finding our selection for the free bet was the thing that spurred Ray and I on to do accas of our own. We used to scour the leagues all over Europe and exchange excited emails about how "we couldn''t fail to beat Billy this week" [:)]

So all you need to do is select on the Rays Funds For FONCY thread each week and you will automatically be on the reserve list. But I should warn you that the ressie list is about 25 names long! Each season the top 40 pickers in our Pups league make up the "Fab 40" to make the final selections the following season. So there''s your challenge Jed. Finish in the top 40 and you willl be on the main list the next season.

Great to have you onboard.

This manager plays favourites!!!!

One cross word about the Taddy and you are on the bench[;)]

Well done Nutty and Billy

You''re already on the reserve list Nana[Y] Your challenge this season is to finish in the top 40. I know you have it in you[Y]

As with all messageboard communities new people join all the time. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 18 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £959 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers!

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You''re already on the reserve list Nana[Y] Your challenge this season is to finish in the top 40. I know you have it in you[Y]

[/quote]

Good to hear im on the ressie list, I need to start picking the winners, i came to the conclusion that a draw was a much tougher prediction. Ill be aiming for Mr.Bump this season [;)]

I really need to make an effort to make more picks this season, but I cant always get Internet access other than on my iphone. The problem with that is that the Pink''un forum signs me out every time i click on a link and I cant post. So is there any chance I could email my picks to you Nutty?? therefore not missing out due to my compatibility issues with the Pink''un site and the iphone. Thanks

[quote user="Bruce Eats Walkers"]I really need to make an effort to make more picks this season, but I cant always get Internet access other than on my iphone. The problem with that is that the Pink''un forum signs me out every time i click on a link and I cant post. So is there any chance I could email my picks to you Nutty?? therefore not missing out due to my compatibility issues with the Pink''un site and the iphone. Thanks
[/quote]Sounds like you had the same problem as me. To keep logged on to the pinkun i had to go onto google, then search pinkun and click on the message board link direct from google and not press pinkun, then message board. This never loggs me off [y]

[quote user="Bruce Eats Walkers"]I really need to make an effort to make more picks this season, but I cant always get Internet access other than on my iphone. The problem with that is that the Pink''un forum signs me out every time i click on a link and I cant post. So is there any chance I could email my picks to you Nutty?? therefore not missing out due to my compatibility issues with the Pink''un site and the iphone. Thanks
[/quote]

Anyone can email me the selections if they are unable to post. The email addy you need is canaryeddie@aol.com

I would be honored to make the final selections Nutty, and attempt once more to get on that wall of fame!Just to tell you, I am away from the 7-14 August, and 21 Aug - 4 Sep they''re the weeks I know I am definitely away so far, but beyond that I don''t really know! Just make sure you don''t give me any of those dates, cheers [:)]Thanks [Y]

[quote user="Bruce Eats Walkers"]Banana that may be the most useful post you have Evers made, the link I have on my iPhone is to the mobile version and this is the real working web version cheers mate![/quote]Quotes don''t work though, as you can see !!

Great news Nutty, and I didn''t even realise I was going to get to pick!! Can I ask how far in advance I''ll know when my turn is? Being one of the "overseas" workers I may need a reserve on stand by in case I''m unable to participate on my particular day as I''m reliant on some pretty crap internet. Looking forward to another great season for the PUP''s!

Scooby and Champions...

Don''t worry too much about when your turn is. I publish the rota monthly and there''s plenty of scope for changes. I''m busy this week but I''ll get onto it next week.

All the PUPs are always extremely helpful when we have to make changes so I''m sure it will all turn out ok[Y]

What great news! Thank you to both Nutty Nigel and Billy Dixon.

It''ll be so exciting to get a second chance to make the final picks. (Just need to do a little better than last season!)

The ''Free Bet'' is truly special for many reasons that have already been mentioned in previous posts. [:)]