Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers 2010/11

Greetings PUPs - As promised I went to see Billy Dixon and, top man that he is, he has agreed to sponsor the free bet for us again next season. I am chuffed to bits about this and I know you are too. Billy really is a hero! Here we have a bookie who pays for our bet and then wills us to win. That must be unique in the world. Added to Billy we have “The Power Of The PUPs” with over 60 of you picking each week. This combination has raised £959 for our great clubs academy.

Now I know there’s a few “binners” peeping on this thread from time to time. Some of you may remember Ray telling us how they had tried to get a free bet for their club. They were all set and ready to go only to find they had one ingredient missing. They had no Billy and all their requests to the local bookies fell on deaf ears. You see we are really lucky because Billy is a City fan.

Thank you all for your offers of donating the cash to keep this going if we didn’t get sponsorship. I know that so many of you, like me, look forward to the free bet each week. I will always do everything I can to keep the free bet running. Not just to keep this special group of people together but also to keep me close to my much missed friend Ray who the free bet will always belong to.

We have just three weeks now to get fit and ready for the new season. And I have to work out the rota for the final selections. It’s impossible to give 65 pickers a chance to make the final selections because there are only 40 weeks available. So, as was agreed last season, I will use our PUPs League to get the “Fab 40”. Now I know that not all of those 40 will want to make the final selections. I will be the first to stand down because it’s all I can do to administer the free bet without making the final selections as well.

So as it stands the “Fab 40” will be Mr. Bump,Beauseant, Fonejacker, Til 1010, Scooby, Devon, NCFCShaun, Cityangel, Cosmic Twin, Statto, Graham Humphrey, Sports Desk - Pete, Mister Chops, NCFCStar, Newyorkcanary, Norfolkbroadslim, 1Dartmoore, Obiwancanary, Pboro_Canary, Sparkos, Berkshire Canary, Davo, Fellas, Trent Canary, Leedscanary, Norfolkchance1, Hughesy, Inch High, Champions…Norwich, Canary Cherub, Shack Attack, Diesel Doris, Meth Canary, Big Bob, City-Til-I-Die, GMF, Kathy, MacDougall''s Perm, Hissing Sid and Yankee Canary.

If any of the Fab 40 don’t want to make the final selections then the first 6 reserves are: The Butler, 1st Wazzock, Muddy Funster, Jellytot, Dion Dublin = Legend and Legend Iwan.

Now we still have to present £301.54 to FONCY from last season and the World Cup. And of course we have our PUPs trophy to present. So a date needs to be set. I will get onto this over the next couple of weeks. I’m looking at the end of August / beginning of September.

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby yes Norfolkchance1 £959 for the Academy,so far.

Brilliant news Nutty.[Y] I''m really pleased for everyone but especially you, because I know just how much the Free Bet means to you. A huge thanks to Billy for his continued support and well done to everybody else for making the Free Bet such a success. Ray will be looking down and smiling tonight. [*][*][*][*][*]

This is fantastic news indeed! A big thanks to you Nutty for putting this together yet again and also to Billy for giving us this chance.

Hopefully FONCY will come out winners again.

Davo

Fantastic news!!!!! Thanks Billy....you''re a great bloke... and NN well it can''t be too long before you are either "Sir Nutty" or Lord Nutty of Norwich!!! I''m sure we''ll all have fun and hopefully a lot of success over the coming season.

I have been waiting for this news more than the news of Simeon Jackson signing.  It really is flippin fantastic[:D]

The generosity, good nature and kindness of all the people involved with the free bet, is in stark contrast to some of the horrible things and people of our world.

It is these good attributes, born out of the great man Ray, that continue to live on through the free bet and make it what it is today.  The free bet has grown but has still stayed true to it''s roots.  I love the fact that it is non-judgemental, I love the kindness and I love the generosity.  It is unique, but not just because it is a free bet, not just because it helps our Academy, but equally because (if not more so) of it''s ethos.

Massive, huge thanks to Billy Dixon, and to you Eddie for your continued hard work in keeping the free bet going.  

[Y]

Hi Nigel,

I have looked on in admiration for the last few years, forgetting to let people know early enough that I would be interested in taking part.

As a Norwich fan and keen gambler this is the sort of thing I think I would really enjoy.

As such, can I put my name down now for consideration in the future? given the history of it and the loss of everyones close friend last season, I''d love to be part of something that will no doubt go on for many a year.

conker

Hats off to Nutty and Billy.The free bet is the one part of the forum that is ALWAYS enjoyable and free of bitching. Not only that, it gives us a chance to raise money for the club as well.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I have been waiting for this news more than the news of Simeon Jackson signing.  It really is flippin fantastic[:D]

The generosity, good nature and kindness of all the people involved with the free bet, is in stark contrast to some of the horrible things and people of our world.

It is these good attributes, born out of the great man Ray, that continue to live on through the free bet and make it what it is today.  The free bet has grown but has still stayed true to it''s roots.  I love the fact that it is non-judgemental, I love the kindness and I love the generosity.  It is unique, but not just because it is a free bet, not just because it helps our Academy, but equally because (if not more so) of it''s ethos.

Massive, huge thanks to Billy Dixon, and to you Eddie for your continued hard work in keeping the free bet going.  

[Y]

[/quote]Couldnt have put it any better, [Y]  Cheers Billy and Eddie, great news.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Brilliant news Nutty.[Y] I''m really pleased for everyone but especially you, because I know just how much the Free Bet means to you. A huge thanks to Billy for his continued support and well done to everybody else for making the Free Bet such a success. Ray will be looking down and smiling tonight. [*][*][*][*][*][/quote]this^^^[Y] thnx for the oppotunity to pick again NN[:D]

Hi everybody, yes I''ve returned from the desert. Logged on for the first time and was greeted with this great news. Big big thanks to Billy, what a top man.

Just crept into the fab 40, and am already looking forward nervously to having the great honour of picking again.

Can''t wait for it to begin now...

Welcome Conker and WITS! The only requirement to become a PUP and take part in the free bet is that you post a selection each week, or as often as you can, on the Rays Funds For FONCY thread. You will then be added to our PUPs league and be part of this friendly and fun effort to get more money into our great clubs academy.

Great to see you home safe and sound Hissing Sid[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Welcome Conker and WITS! The only requirement to become a PUP and take part in the free bet is that you post a selection each week, or as often as you can, on the Rays Funds For FONCY thread. You will then be added to our PUPs league and be part of this friendly and fun effort to get more money into our great clubs academy.

Great to see you home safe and sound Hissing Sid[Y]

[/quote]Or pick once, badly, and turn up for a beer anyway.[;)]

If you get a good pre-season under your belt I''m sure you''ll last a bit longer this time Morty![B]

[B][B][B][B][B] mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Taddy[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If you get a good pre-season under your belt I''m sure you''ll last a bit longer this time Morty![B]

[B][B][B][B][B] mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Taddy[:O]

[/quote]Shyster was mean to me, he knocked my confidence early doors.[:(]

Truly great news. :) I would like to give a massive thanks to Nutty Nigel, and Mr Dixon of course!

Absolutely brilliant news Nutty, and a big thank you to Billy for letting us once again try to raise money for the academy.  I must remember never to pick Norwich again this season!

What fantastic news!Many thanks to Billy Dixon of Dixmar Racing, our wonderful sponsor. He''s a really nice guy, surely he''s in the wrong profession [:D]Even bigger thanks to Eddie (Nutty Nigel) who works endlessly during the Free Bet season contacting Billy on the Pup''s behalf and producing those brilliant stats that determine the positions of the Pup''s league, and organising/hosting the regular meets and presentation night.Looking forward to meeting Eddie, Billy, and as many of the Pup''s that will make it to the next Pickers meet.I''ve had the excitement, and subsequent disappointment, of having the final pick on at least 4 occasions over the last 3 seasons - so with no hesitation would like to offer my place in the top 40 pickers to one on the reserve list. By all means Eddie, put my name on the reserve list - I''ll be happy to step in like Beaker did a couple of seasons ago if things go awry.Finally, save the best til last - to the kindest, gentlest, wonderful man I had the misfortune never to meet, Ray Ducker (Arrdee), thank you for having the vision and determination to set up this whole thing. You brought harmony to this message board, created a solace where disagreements are put to one side, and introduced a lot of people to each other that have forged strong friendships. Even when the Free Bet is over and long forgetten, you never will be, you lovely old boy.Kev

Well done NN. I sometimes think you could sell sand to the Arabs.

If I promise not to select a women''s match, can I have a go again this season? Pretty please [:)]

Well done Nutty for all your hard work and thanks again to our hero ''''Billy''''

I''m happy to take my turn with the picks again but if there is someone itching to have a go who hasn''t had that honour yet then I''m happy to stand down to give them a go.

CA

P.S.Bet our ''''Ardee'''' is still smiling down on us pups.

[quote user="Kathy"]

If I promise not to select a women''s match, can I have a go again this season? Pretty please [:)]

[/quote]

He might be able to sell sand to the Arabs but he cannot sell Taddy to Tilly that is for sure![;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

He might be able to sell sand to the Arabs but he cannot sell Taddy to Tilly that is for sure![;)]

[/quote]

Well he''s sold more Taddy to Tilly than to anyone else on this board[;)]

"[B]Do I like it[:^)].. I''ll try another.. [B]Do I like it[:^)]... I''ll try another... [B]Do I like it[:^)]... I''ll try another... [B]Do I like it[:^)]... I''ll try another...[B]Do I like it[:^)].... Hic...[S]

I can''t really add anything that hasn''t been mentioned already, only that I can''t wait for the new season to start, I wish it started tomorrow. Another season of the Pinkun''s picks - great news [:D]