Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

NCISA Web Site

For all the many who have asked after the site I am pleased to announce it is up and running.

Not all finished yet BUT lots to look at and more as we go.

We will be pleased to look at any articles, photographs etc (suitable of course) that could be of general interest to NCFC fans both local and worldwide.

Check us out on ncisa.co.uk

Many thanks for the interest.

I will now don the tin hat and await[:D]

Nice work Mr Butler - don''t want to come over all geeky but "forthcoming" appears to be spelt wrong on the "forthcoming events" button [:$]

But, I am delighted there is now a Paypal facility for membership, although when I looked at joining last year there was a multi year option and I can''t see that now. Would it be ok to Paypal £25 and expect to be a member for 5 years??

Kev

Shouldn''t it include some information on the raison d''etre/goals of NCISA in a fairly prominent position? Something about being a talking shop for egomaniacs and angry nuters which actually accomplishes bugger all would suffice.

The "About us" section is actually a history (yawnnn) of NCISA.

[quote user="The Butler"]

For all the many who have asked after the site I am pleased to announce it is up and running.

We will be pleased to look at any articles, photographs etc (suitable of course) that could be of general interest to NCFC fans both local and worldwide.

[/quote]Ver slick and  proffessional Butler, but where''s the pic of Kathy in a white bikini? [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/drool2.gif[/img]

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Nice work Mr Butler - don''t want to come over all geeky but "forthcoming" appears to be spelt wrong on the "forthcoming events" button [:$]

But, I am delighted there is now a Paypal facility for membership, although when I looked at joining last year there was a multi year option and I can''t see that now. Would it be ok to Paypal £25 and expect to be a member for 5 years??

Kev

[/quote]

Thanks Kev Duly noted and will change.

Yes would be pleased to accept your £25.00 (you would be the first via Paypal and Clare would be delighted!![:D])

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]Ver slick and  proffessional Butler, but where''s the pic of Kathy in a white bikini? [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/drool2.gif[/img][/quote]

Thanks Wiz your request is noted BUT would cost you more than a fiver. High Class is our Kathy

[quote user="First Wizard"]Seriously Butler, if I joined via paypal, does it only take a fiver, as £25 is a bit steep for me atm.[/quote]

Of course Wiz no problem pleased  to have you aboard[:D]

Butler,

I would like to give you £25, but there is no way I can change the value in Paypal.

So what I propose is I join for a year to start with, and maybe someone can have a tinker with Paypal to include a 5 year option for the future.

Kev

Butler,

I would like to give you £25, but there is no way I can change the value in Paypal.

So what I propose is I join for a year to start with, and maybe someone can have a tinker with Paypal to include a 5 year option for the future.

Kev

[/quote]

I did not set that Kev so will get it changed. Thanks for the heads up on it.

If I remember correctly, membership was £2 last year and it is now £5. That is exactly the same percentage increase as NCFC are charging for lost season tickets which many have found excessive! In fact, Mr Tilson has been commenting on it today. Is it double standards to be questioning NCFC about a 250% increase, whilst at the same time, implementing the same % increased charges yourself?

Butler,

It may be my bad. I have sent the payment of £5  (hopefully I beat Wiz to be the first!) and the email I have received from Paypal tells me that £5 will automatically be taken every year from me so I don''t have to worry about renewing or giving a lump sum.

Maybe you could make this clear on the site, as some people may be wary of "reoccuring" payments.

Kev

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Kev

[/quote]

Yes would be pleased to accept your £25.00 (you would be the first via Paypal and Clare would be delighted!![:D])

[/quote]

I''m sorry, but if you''re going to sell NCISA''s soul to rich, cheque book wielding northerners, I''m out![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]If I remember correctly, membership was £2 last year and it is now £5. That is exactly the same percentage increase as NCFC are charging for lost season tickets which many have found excessive! In fact, Mr Tilson has been commenting on it today. Is it double standards to be questioning NCFC about a 250% increase, whilst at the same time, implementing the same % increased charges yourself?[/quote]

No double standards Lapp.

We are increasing the value that members will receive. (wait and see)The fee hasn''t altered for years and remember ALL profit goes to the club so......

Anything else you want to stir while you are at it[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Kev

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry, but if you''re going to sell NCISA''s soul to rich, cheque book wielding northerners, I''m out![;)]

[/quote]

Get it right please. Credit card wielding northerners and I''m sure we will welcome those from the fens as well[:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Kev

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oi Beau!

And while you''re hanging around any idea of the identity of "Saint on the Sideline"? [;)]

Butler,

It may be my bad. I have sent the payment of £5  (hopefully I beat Wiz to be the first!) and the email I have received from Paypal tells me that £5 will automatically be taken every year from me so I don''t have to worry about renewing or giving a lump sum.

Maybe you could make this clear on the site, as some people may be wary of "reoccuring" payments.

Kev

[/quote]

Changes will be made tonight Kev. Reoccuring removed and limit increased. Thanks for the info.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Butler,

Kev

[/quote]

Changes will be made tonight Kev. Reoccuring removed and limit increased. Thanks for the info.

[/quote]

No problem Butler, I will keep an eye on things at my end to see if Paypal notify me of any changes to reoccuring payments etc. I will also keep an eye out at renewal time next year. Keep up the good work. See you at the next [&] meet.

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Kev

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oi Beau!

And while you''re hanging around any idea of the identity of "Saint on the Sideline"? [;)]

He''s a bit of a mystery Kev, but apparently he''s tall and devastatingly attractive with a craving for late night Ben and Jerry''s binges![:P]

[/quote]

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Kev

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oi Beau!

[/quote]Thought I recognised the new pitchside reporter at Dereham Town. Just assumed he was sitting down....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Kev

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oi Beau!

[/quote]

Thought I recognised the new pitchside reporter at Dereham Town. Just assumed he was sitting down....
[/quote]

On a toadstool.....

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GRFC"]

Site fails to validate!

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncisa.co.uk%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

[/quote]

Yes so will a lot of sites that use a background management system.

Not a problem to anyone other than yourself.

So pleased you have had time to point this out.[:D]

[/quote]

The following is taken from the W3C Website. http://validator.w3.org/docs/why.html
I do hope that you find it of some interest....

Validation, as any process of debugging code, is sometimes difficult, and the vast improvements in automatic error correction has made modern browser cope very well with errors in HTML or CSS. This makes validation seem useless or costly to many people, and the following questions (or statement) are widespread:

“My site looks right and works fine - isn''t that enough?”

The answer to this one is that markup languages are no more than data formats. So a website doesn''t look like anything at all! It only takes on a visual appearance when it is presented by your browser.

In practice, different browsers can and do display the same page very differently. This is deliberate, and doesn''t imply any kind of browser bug. A term sometimes used for this is WYSINWOG - What You See Is Not What Others Get (unless by coincidence). It is indeed one of the principal strengths of the web, that (for example) a visually impaired user can select very large print or text-to-speech without a publisher having to go to the trouble and expense of preparing a separate edition.

“Lots of websites out there don''t validate - including household-name companies.”

Do remember: household-name companies expect people to visit because of the name and in spite of dreadful websites. Can you afford that luxury?

Even if you can, do you want to risk being on the wrong side of a lawsuit if your site proves inaccessible to - for instance - a disabled person who cannot use a ''conventional'' browser? Accessibility is the law in many countries. Whilst validation doesn''t guarantee accessibility (there is no substitute for common sense), it should be an important component of exercising "due diligence". It is now just over a year since a court first awarded damages to a blind user against the owners of a website he found inaccessible (Maguire vs SOCOG, August 2000).

“Validation means boring websites, and stifles creativity”

That might have been the case a decade ago, when validation was the tool of choice of people more interested in harnessing the power of the markup languages than creating beautiful designs for their content; when many designers were not taught basics of Web technology and would create beautiful but fragile and unreliable web sites.

This argument is completely moot today. In the past decade, most of the stunning, content and design-rich Web sites were built with standard (X)HTML, CSS and scripting.

[quote user="GRFC"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="GRFC"]

Site fails to validate!

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncisa.co.uk%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

[/quote]

Yes so will a lot of sites that use a background management system.

Not a problem to anyone other than yourself.

So pleased you have had time to point this out.[:D]

[/quote]

The following is taken from the W3C Website. http://validator.w3.org/docs/why.html
I do hope that you find it of some interest....

Validation, as any process of debugging code, is sometimes difficult, and the vast improvements in automatic error correction has made modern browser cope very well with errors in HTML or CSS. This makes validation seem useless or costly to many people, and the following questions (or statement) are widespread:

“My site looks right and works fine - isn''t that enough?”

The answer to this one is that markup languages are no more than data formats. So a website doesn''t look like anything at all! It only takes on a visual appearance when it is presented by your browser.

In practice, different browsers can and do display the same page very differently. This is deliberate, and doesn''t imply any kind of browser bug. A term sometimes used for this is WYSINWOG - What You See Is Not What Others Get (unless by coincidence). It is indeed one of the principal strengths of the web, that (for example) a visually impaired user can select very large print or text-to-speech without a publisher having to go to the trouble and expense of preparing a separate edition.

“Lots of websites out there don''t validate - including household-name companies.”

Do remember: household-name companies expect people to visit because of the name and in spite of dreadful websites. Can you afford that luxury?

Even if you can, do you want to risk being on the wrong side of a lawsuit if your site proves inaccessible to - for instance - a disabled person who cannot use a ''conventional'' browser? Accessibility is the law in many countries. Whilst validation doesn''t guarantee accessibility (there is no substitute for common sense), it should be an important component of exercising "due diligence". It is now just over a year since a court first awarded damages to a blind user against the owners of a website he found inaccessible (Maguire vs SOCOG, August 2000).

“Validation means boring websites, and stifles creativity”

That might have been the case a decade ago, when validation was the tool of choice of people more interested in harnessing the power of the markup languages than creating beautiful designs for their content; when many designers were not taught basics of Web technology and would create beautiful but fragile and unreliable web sites.

This argument is completely moot today. In the past decade, most of the stunning, content and design-rich Web sites were built with standard (X)HTML, CSS and scripting.

[/quote]

The reason NCISA does not validate is all the content is dynamic  and is not static html. Finally for your information try validating www.google.co.uk as it throws up a pile of errors.

Errors found while checking this document as HTML5!

Top of Form

www.google.co.uk Result:

46 Errors, 2 warning(s)

If it''s good enough for Google!

By the way are you a member of NCISA?

Hmm? Think I''ll go the old cheque route myself, I''m a bit twichy about PayPal now.

Despite my legv pulls on Tilly you guys need support, you stood firm on Gunn, that impressed me.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Hmm? Think I''ll go the old cheque route myself, I''m a bit twichy about PayPal now.

Despite my legv pulls on Tilly you guys need support, you stood firm on Gunn, that impressed me.

[/quote]

No problems Wiz. Paypal is one of the safest methods and I will personally guarantee that you wont be charged twice or again (unless you ask to) next year

PM me if you have a problem[;)]