Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

*** breaking news ***

while we''re in a banning mood can we ban goal music?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]If I remember correctly.  The club shop sold horns fairly recently,  playoff year or prem season.  If I dig it out (kids had one I believe) and bring it along to the  first game. I wonder what will happen?[/quote]Where do you sit?[/quote]

On his bloody horn if he brings it along!!

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]If I remember correctly.  The club shop sold horns fairly recently,  playoff year or prem season.  If I dig it out (kids had one I believe) and bring it along to the  first game. I wonder what will happen?[/quote]Where do you sit?[/quote]

On his bloody horn if he brings it along!![/quote]Of course I won''t. I shows the club vacillates when it suits.  Yes I know they are horrible things but the excuses are just silly really."Could impair supporters'' ability to hear safety announcements on the public address system""Concerns over the possibility they could be used as weapons and/or thrown on to the pitch were also mentioned"Why not just say, "They are noisy tacky pieces of crap and would rather hear the crowd singing".   

Huzzah! The horns of hell are banned!

It''s almost as good as when they banned smoking in the stadium.....Marvellous! Watchin'' the weed-warblers squirming and fidgeting coz they couldn''t have their filthy fix....

Dirty filthy tabbin'' toerags......pollutin'' poor punters personal airspace...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well what am i going to do with the 1000 i bought to give out? [:P]
[/quote]

Sell them to our neighbours down the road? They could do with some atmosphere

With the fear of about to being shot, all those that have an Iphone or Ipod Touch, you can download an app for your very own vuvuzela, turn up the volume and give it a shake!!

Do you think they''ll ban Iphones etc too or is this just about the fact that a long plastic trumpet thing is a dangerous weapon!?!?!?

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]With the fear of about to being shot, all those that have an Iphone or Ipod Touch, you can download an app for your very own vuvuzela, turn up the volume and give it a shake!! Do you think they''ll ban Iphones etc too or is this just about the fact that a long plastic trumpet thing is a dangerous weapon!?!?!?[/quote]

Just as I would stick a vuvuzela up someones choccy whizzway I would just as happily stick an i-phone there too [:D]

they should ban singing and chanting at football stadiums next.. 30,000 people all signing in unison might hurt my little ears....

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Didn''t some of those overpaid premier league stars allegedly get in trouble for that sort of behaviour WAY??!!??[/quote]

lol dunno Rich did they?  Sounds quite kinky hahaha

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Didn''t some of those overpaid premier league stars allegedly get in trouble for that sort of behaviour WAY??!!??[/quote]

lol dunno Rich did they?  Sounds quite kinky hahaha

[/quote]Indeed, can''t remember the names but a certain Mr Cole was involved I think (Not Joe)

Took phoning your mates to a whole new level.........they really did have to much time on their hands with creating that little thrill seeker!

Anyway, back to those trumpet things, I''m pleased they are banned, although at least the noise might have drowned out the miserable negative grumpy so and so that sits a couple of rows behind me!

What other things nobody brings to games should they ban?

I''d be thrilled if they banned pianos from CR.

I don''t want to be squeezed into the seat I paid for because some lout decided he wanted to play piano during the game, and I sure as sh it don''t want to hear it.

Hey, 88 Fingers, leave your piano at home. I know you never brought it, but don''t start now because it''s been banned!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]What other things nobody brings to games should they ban? I''d be thrilled if they banned pianos from CR. I don''t want to be squeezed into the seat I paid for because some lout decided he wanted to play piano during the game, and I sure as sh it don''t want to hear it. Hey, 88 Fingers, leave your piano at home. I know you never brought it, but don''t start now because it''s been banned! .[/quote]

I hope you don''t take this the wrong way, but how many games do you attend a season that these vuvuzelas (if they had been allowed) would have been blown in your ear for 90 minutes?

I don''t like the things, I just think banning them when they have not been at the games is stupid.

They are at Dynamo games because the Latinos bring them.

How many games have you attended where these horns have been blown in your ear for 90 minutes? I already know the answer - none.

They do not get blown in anyone''s ears; they are pointed over the crowd, not at it.

If they were damaging hearing, S Af''s main health issue would be would be deafness, not AIDS.

Of all the bandwagons jumped on by contributors to these thread, this has to be the mojst pointlessly stupid one.

Thank Christ for that !All we need is "Fan beaten to death with stupid horn"or"Instrument used to fire projectile at player"and we can get a game wide ban on the stupid thing !

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I don''t like the things, I just think banning them when they have not been at the games is stupid. They are at Dynamo games because the Latinos bring them. How many games have you attended where these horns have been blown in your ear for 90 minutes? I already know the answer - none. They do not get blown in anyone''s ears; they are pointed over the crowd, not at it. If they were damaging hearing, S Af''s main health issue would be would be deafness, not AIDS. Of all the bandwagons jumped on by contributors to these thread, this has to be the mojst pointlessly stupid one.[/quote]

Oh right so if I sit in front of someone and they blow a horn above my head, it''s not near me?  Got it now, silly me  [:S]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I don''t like the things, I just think banning them when they have not been at the games is stupid. [/quote]Sticks of dynamite.

Nobody has blwon a horn over your head for 90 minutes, either, WAY. WHat is the point in banning something that doesn''t happen? Getting fools excited is too easy.

That''s why the team needs to ban pianos, too. Generate more interest.

Chops, it''s likely there is already some sort of control on dynamite so banning them specifically from CR would be pointless. Besides, have they caused any problems in the first 100+ years of the team''s history?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Nobody has blwon a horn over your head for 90 minutes, either, WAY. WHat is the point in banning something that doesn''t happen? Getting fools excited is too easy.

That''s why the team needs to ban pianos, too. Generate more interest.

Chops, it''s likely there is already some sort of control on dynamite so banning them specifically from CR would be pointless. Besides, have they caused any problems in the first 100+ years of the team''s history?[/quote]But vuvuzelas have been defined as a potential weapon, and weapons are already controlled items.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Nobody has blwon a horn over your head for 90 minutes, either, WAY. WHat is the point in banning something that doesn''t happen? Getting fools excited is too easy. That''s why the team needs to ban pianos, too. Generate more interest. Chops, it''s likely there is already some sort of control on dynamite so banning them specifically from CR would be pointless. Besides, have they caused any problems in the first 100+ years of the team''s history?[/quote]

But vuvuzelas have been defined as a potential weapon, and weapons are already controlled items.

[/quote]

They are in the UK lol  Also an umbrella could be considered a weapon too [:D]

Many fans at the WC have commented on how the vuvuzelas added to the atmosphere. How exactly did this come up as a topic of conversation (to ban vuvuzelas) in the hallowed halls of CR. I would have thought it''s an opportunity missed for the club shop. Anyway did it really detract from the enjoyment of watching the WC? 

Just attach a stock, trigger and a flintlock..... a bit o'' gunpowder and some form of ammo like maltesers or werthers originals, etc....

The harmless vuvuzela - is now a potent weapon!

I understand entirely where the club is coming from.....

Wish they''d ban that bloody pitchside announcer who barks instructions at supporters through a microphone. DON''T TELL ME HOW AND WHEN TO SUPPORT MY TEAM!(see, I got all caps lock an his ass)

But vuvuzelas have been defined as a potential weapon, and weapons are already controlled items. - Chops

So that is why they were banned, because they are potential weapons? Sounds more like someone did some back pedaling to justify the stupid, pointless ban by coming up with that excuse. Now they will have to ban scarves because they are potential weapons too.

I am sure more people have been killed with scarves than vuvuzuelas.