Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Attendance vs Toon

I think that you are all too low. Attendance could be as high as 18,000 for a Saturday game, even if we another big game the following Saturday.

Going by the on line ticketing I would guess at less than 10000 - the number being boosted by the Geordies. Of course there could be loads buying on the day. Personally although we normally go to the friendlies not going due to the prices especially for the kids. The prices for the Carling cup game which is after all a competitive game are far less. Had the pricing been reversed we would probably have gone to Newcastle Everton and Gillingham game as it is I cant justify ( 2 adults 2 kids ) £100 + drinks traveling ect for 2 meaningless games. This is not a whinge just the way of the world at present.

Bearing in mind the prices for games elsewhere, I think the adult prices for our games are good - it''s the price for kids that is high. I''d have thought it was an ideal opportunity for people to take their kids to a game when they don''t usually go...we have probably got it wrong (not that there is a right and wrong in all this!).

Incidentally, the binners are playing Wet Spam on 31/7 and charging £17.50 (Adult) £3 (junior) in advance or £20/£5 on the day. This feels a more realistic spread.

Anyhoo - I reckon there''ll be 11,000 or so there. Most people will be interested to see our new guys, and I''d think a fair few geordies will come along too.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

Annoying kids and berks from Yarmouth who never go to matches.

[/quote]So, you''re going then?[;)]

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]With my drum and vuvzela![/quote]So thats you, and me and the junior mortys, so at least 4 of us there then.

I''ll guess around 11,000. Sales in the Jarrold and the morgue look good but the Barclay and N&P are virtually empty.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Just seen about 10-12 Newcastle fans walking down POW Road with suitcases, must be making a weekend of it.

Will be interesting to see how many they bring tomorrow.
[/quote]

They have sold 1300 tickets.