Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

No Holt No goals.

Our failure to score in two games against lower opposition proves to me that we really do need to sign a big lump to replace Holt when he gets injured, we certainly have some very able strikers in Martin and Jackson to play alongside him but no back up if he gets injured.  We don''t even know whether or not Holt can really cut it in the Championship yet and for me we are taking a huge risk if we fail to sign a like for like replacement. 

Wasn''t Holt only on the pitch for 1 of those three goals against Dereham? Personally while it''s slightly worrying it''s hardly time to panic.

Davo

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]No Holt tomorrow...[/quote]FFS, we get some terrible luck with injuries.

What I like about the squad now is we can look at the team and say - no Holt, no Smith (x 2), or Hughes, Askou or Whitbread.

Will any of them start as first choice? Would we be any weaker if any of them came in?

Good for competition for places.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Like the OP I would be happier if we had another big lump target man in the squad. Carl Cort anybody?[/quote]But as we''re probably not going to play 4-4-2 hoofball. I can''t see a problem.