Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Leeds imploding after friendly defeat.

Very amusing - although it has to be pointed out that Newcastle got beat 6-0 by Leyton Orient in a friendly prior to last season and we know what happened there...

Still - always good to laugh at Leeds

[quote user="DENKO"]Very amusing - although it has to be pointed out that Newcastle got beat 6-0 by Leyton Orient in a friendly prior to last season and we know what happened there... Still - always good to laugh at Leeds[/quote]Too ruddy right!

[quote user="DENKO"]Very amusing - although it has to be pointed out that Newcastle got beat 6-0 by Leyton Orient in a friendly prior to last season and we know what happened there... Still - always good to laugh at Leeds[/quote]

But again it wasnt about the result,though 6.nil is hard to swallow in a friendly,even for me,it was about getting players up to speed..

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]wonder what odds you can get on Grayson being first anager to get the sack this season?[/quote]hasnt he just signed a long term contract? i doubt they''ll want to pay him off

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Its going top be a right laugh watching them tear each other to bits this season, hell, get a grip it was friendly ffs.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6272628,00.html

WACCOE gone into its usual meltdown, plus their other message boards too.

And I thought WE were fickle.

[/quote]

We?
[/quote]Yes WE, you included!

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]wonder what odds you can get on Grayson being first anager to get the sack this season?[/quote]hasnt he just signed a long term contract? i doubt they''ll want to pay him off[/quote]quite possibly, but Ken Bates is a tough old bugger and if a job needs doing he''ll do it!

Long may it last, and I read somewhere that Burnley & Leeds are the two teams expected to go up to the Prem!!!!

[quote user="djc"]We got done 7-1 by ColWho, and it didnt hurt us.........[/quote]it hurt me, and still makes me squirm when i think about that day!!

Always good to see Leeds lose but friendlies don''t mean jack s hit at the end of the day!

Remember nearly a year ago -

Beat Premiership Wigan 3-2 then the following Saturday lost 7-1 to ColWHO!

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"][quote user="NCFC Sinky"]Newcastle lost 6-1 to leyton orient in pre season then won the league easily so I don''t think it matters tbh[/quote][/quote]

Newcastle 0 - 6 StokeNorwich 2 - 1 NewcastleIsn''t this the same Newcastle that ran away with the Championship last season? Point being that pre-season means nowt. And Leeds imploding lol, Grayson will have told his players just what they needed to hear and it had the required response today with a 5-0 drubbing of Pool.Don''t get me wrong, when I heard we lost 4-0 to Bury I was a tad shocked, but then remembered that is was pre-season and old SG will sort them out. Never get ahead of yourself pre-season wise, you get beat 4-0 you win 5-0, that''s probabl not gonna happen much come the start of the season.Well done on the win too. [:)]

Er actually no. Its Newcastle Town. I think you will find them at Newcastle-under- Lyme which like Stoke, is in Staffordshire.

Enjoy your season.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Newcastle 0 - 6 Stoke[/quote]If that''s how the scoreline finished today (only caught the half-time scoreline on SSN), you''re referencing to Newcastle Town FC''s most recent pre-season friendly.If you''re referencing to last seasons ''shock result'' it was Leyton Orient, and the result was 6-1.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Newcastle 0 - 6 Stoke

Norwich 2 - 1 Newcastle

Isn''t this the same Newcastle
[/quote]Der, no..........

Newcastle TOWN 0 Stoke 6

Norwich 2 Newcastle UNITED 1

Yer dim I tell ye, dim, DIM! [:$]

Ah, shows how much notice I take with other clubs results....basically, not a lot.Still, the point sticks, pre-season is about giving players who don''t usually play a chance and playing other formations etc. Results are second to team fitness.To say we''re imploding is a bit obsessive, saying that it is Leeds and people do get kinda obsessive for some reason.....weird.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Ah, shows how much notice I take with other clubs results....basically, not a lot.[/quote]No, it just shows you''re observational skills and abilities in deductive reasoning are terrible. You saw the two seperately distinct scorelines on the same day in the live feed (lack of logic), with two teams that had similar names playing (lack of observation), and thought they were the same side.Don''t get grumpy with us if we happen to possess these basic skills.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]To say we''re imploding is a bit ''obsessive''[/quote]It''s nothing of the sort.