Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Who's ever flown to a City game?

Was thinking about strange experiences of watching Norwich over the years and while I was just a bit too young to go to the European away games and the legendary Sky match against Oldham, I remember flying from Stansted to Blackpool with about ten other City fans back in January 2007 for the cup tie.

I remember it was a penny each way (£15ish after tax), landed at the airport at half eight on the Saturday and the pilot announced "Welcome to Blackpool International" and told us the time, which was good as we''d only left Stansted 25 minutes earlier.

Blackpool was freezing and worse of all the only flight back was on the Sunday evening so had a whole day in Blackpool in bleak January.

Just wondered who else has flown to a City game in this country - was anyone out there on those planes to Oldham for the Robins hat-trick back in November 1992?

I''ve flown to quote a few games from Edinburgh to Norwich on Flybe a couple of years back. Price used to be £50.00 return (including taxes), but has since gone up considerably!

Might due a few this year mind.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

I''m quite wealthy and don''t mind telling people about it.

Are there any other wealthy, boastful fans out there?

[/quote]

You beat me to it by a minute.

Yep. Flew to Milan for the UEFA cup. Bumpiest landing I''ve ever had back at Norwich. It was so rough a couple of oxygen masks came down which was a trifle disconcerting.

All the Euro games and the BOB special for the Bolton cup game just to name a few

Think the comment from the captain Kathy was "woops dropped it"

Not much space left on the runway either. Thought he was heading for the chippy on Reepham road.

Yep. Some of us Bury yellows were on that flight. One of our gang who is in the insurance industry was trying to sell life policies as the dreaded approached landing began!!

[quote user="Kathy"]Yep. Flew to Milan for the UEFA cup. Bumpiest landing I''ve ever had back at Norwich. It was so rough a couple of oxygen masks came down which was a trifle disconcerting.[/quote]

how many fans did we take to milan? I was thinking about this the other day and as i was born in "92 i dont have a clue about much of it.

When i was about 11 i flew home from disneyland paris 2 days early just so i could play against the scum away in an academy game.

[quote user="City penguin"]

[quote user="Kathy"]Yep. Flew to Milan for the UEFA cup. Bumpiest landing I''ve ever had back at Norwich. It was so rough a couple of oxygen masks came down which was a trifle disconcerting.[/quote]

how many fans did we take to milan? I was thinking about this the other day and as i was born in "92 i dont have a clue about much of it.

When i was about 11 i flew home from disneyland paris 2 days early just so i could play against the scum away in an academy game.

[/quote]

Filled one corner of the lower tier of the San Siro - about the same as we took to Fulham when we got relegated from the Prem (at a guess).  Kathy was obviously on a cheap charter flight as the scheduled flight back from Milan Linate Airport to Heathrow was a piece of p*ss!  At the time my girlfriend (now wife) managed to get us a half price stay at a 4* hotel about 20 mins walk from the stadium and BA refunded the flight cost on our return...out of sympathy I guess.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="City penguin"]

[/quote]

Filled one corner of the lower tier of the San Siro - about the same as we took to Fulham when we got relegated from the Prem (at a guess).  Kathy was obviously on a cheap charter flight as the scheduled flight back from Milan Linate Airport to Heathrow was a piece of p*ss!  At the time my girlfriend (now wife) managed to get us a half price stay at a 4* hotel about 20 mins walk from the stadium and BA refunded the flight cost on our return...out of sympathy I guess.

[/quote]

wow pretty impressive then. I think the san siro is the best venue for big european night games it just looks amazing. I thought we would only take a few hundred maybe, especially as our home attendances at that time were very average.

Of course ive seen the goss goal against bayern was the away following as equally large? The ground looks only 1/4 full though.

The away following at Munich and Milan weren''t as large as many might think, certainly not as big as if we were ever to get back into Europe nowadays.

during the European run out average gates at Carrow Road were only around the 14-15000 mark and I think we only took around 2000 to Munich and 3000-3500 to Milan.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Norwich fans in the San Siro, sadly I was not amongst them.[/quote]

great pic, would give my left one to see norwich at the san siro.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Norwich fans in the San Siro, sadly I was not amongst them.[/quote]

........ and I took that photo!!!!

[quote user="CT"]I flew back from New York the night before we played Leeds at home last year.

Was very hectic [:D]
[/quote]

But worth it no doubt!!!

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Actually, I took that picture![/quote]

Could you let me have the name of your lawyer so thas I can sue you for copyright.....alternatively.....duelling pistols at dawn on Felmingham Heath!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

Could you let me have the name of your lawyer so thas I can sue you for copyright.....alternatively.....duelling pistols at dawn on Felmingham Heath!

[/quote]

Spelling slip due to too much Absinthe!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would be proud and honoured to be your second My Lord.

I have a set of dueling dwyles kept for such an occasion.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would be proud and honoured to be your second My Lord.

I have a set of dueling dwyles kept for such an occasion.

[/quote]

Thank you my dear chap....Montgomery Bumpkin (upstart extraordinaire) can consider himself well and truly flonked!

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]I''ll go for the pistols at dan options. Consider you cheek to have been thwacked with kid leather and I DEMAND satisfaction![/quote]

Surely you normally pay for it????

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="CT"]I flew back from New York the night before we played Leeds at home last year.Was very hectic [:D][/quote]

But worth it no doubt!!!

[/quote]Indeed![8] SUUPER SUPER CHRIS [8] [:D]

A couple of Greek friends of mine, Daedalus and Icarus (father and son) used to fly over from the Eastern Mediterranean to see some City games.....

That''s until Icarus came a cropper....

Unfortunately Daedalus, lost his Son, to the Sun....