Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Gary Doherty

I think its a bit harsh to call Whitbread a sicknote. He was clearly bought in for this season rather than last. He''d missed pretty much the whole season up to joining us and so was never going to reach match fitness.

My brother is a Millwall fan and said that he was easily the best defender they had seen at the Den for a number of years, though he had fallen out with the fans by basically saying he was going to leave on a free if he wasn''t sold.

PL signed him up in January so we wouldn''t have to fight a bidding war over him come close season.

Bullship, RuPhuck. The entire point of this thread is to show how far Doherty is still up your asss.

You and the band of blinkered idiots elevated him to God-like status when he was nothing more than not very good against top level competition.

You announced last April how you''d rather be in Leeds''s or Swindon''s place even though we were well ahead of them. Your faith in Doherty should beplaced in the team that NEVER chokes away an automatic promtion bid, but it was not. You are no fan of NCFC so why don''t you go spend your life on the Charlton fan site so you can reive past imagined glories of our double relegation former CB who finally found his level.

For details of how to join the Docs c rap society send a personal message to the societies secretary Houston (Never seen the Doc live!) Canary!

For the record - I was at yesterdays unexpected win over Newcastle and messrs Nelson and Ward looked more than useful against Premiership strikers and they''ll rarely face a forward with Ameobis pace in the Championship. For me they''ve got to be the 2 starting the season although Ward has got a lot to do to come near to the chosen (Ginger) one!

Oh yes and I''ve already ordered my Charlton home and away strips with the Doc splashed across the back!

Oh! Whoston. Why don''t you take your buttplug down to the Gulf and do BP a favour?

Such virtiol against Doc and anyone else who valued him. I''m glad you''re not my bitch.

Try not getting so stroppy, then you might get the points as I explained them. It seems in any argument you just cannot see past Doc so miss the whole message.

Never mind, I''m sure Jesus loves you....yes he does.

Grant Road and RuPhick, you are so fart (ha ha) up Doherty''s asss you don''t see how obsessed you are with the man.

Anyone with more than half a brain can see my previous comment was about you and your equally blind ilk, Phuckface, not Doherty.

You had it so far up there you wanted us to be in Swindon''s position when we were 7 or 8 points clear of 2nd. NCFC doesn''t need "supporters" like you.

And grantroad, I have seen Doherty play in person. Have you seen all of the internationals play you mention on other threads?

Now go wipe that sht off your faces and stop blubbering. He''s gone, thank God almighty, he''s gone.

Well, irrespective of me and my failings as a fan, I am still concerned about what would happen if Ward or Nelson suffered an injury and we had to rely on the ''back up.''

Gary Doherty has that reliability and in my opinion had his best year under Lambert, he also chipped in with goals. He would this season, presumably, have had a better midfield in front of him.

Anyone who knows anything about football will appreciate Doc was a loss. He might not have been first choice this season but passes the ball better than Nelson (who times tackles better than Doc) and is a better proven defender than the other two.

Sorry, Houston, but these are facts and the thread uses Doc primarily to emphasise concerns about central defensive resources.

Also, has this comment attributed to me about wanting to be in Swindon''s position been taken out of context?

I don''t remember it and can''t be arsed to trawl back. I am happy to be enlightened.

After a late season loss, you stated that you would rather be in Leeds or Swindon''s spot because they were winning all their games and we had lost a couple.

You may have even started the thread yourself.

During all the late season panic, I was one of the consitent ones who knew we were finishing top. I pointed out several times NCFC did not have a history of choking automatic promotions. Besides, even after that supposed slump (8 points in 5 games or something like that) we were still firmly in first place.

You don''t remember the comment but claim I took it out of contect. I did not take it out of context. You choked on the bit, not NCFC.

As for Doherty, your latest comment on him sounded a lot more reasonable and well explained.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well, irrespective of me and my failings as a fan, I am still concerned about what would happen if Ward or Nelson suffered an injury and we had to rely on the ''back up.'' Gary Doherty has that reliability and in my opinion had his best year under Lambert, he also chipped in with goals. He would this season, presumably, have had a better midfield in front of him. Anyone who knows anything about football will appreciate Doc was a loss. He might not have been first choice this season but passes the ball better than Nelson (who times tackles better than Doc) and is a better proven defender than the other two. Sorry, Houston, but these are facts and the thread uses Doc primarily to emphasise concerns about central defensive resources.[/quote]

Correct!

Yes I think our 1st choice CB''s Ward and Nelson should be OK but sicknote Whitbread and Askou who wasn''t the same after getting injured at Yeovil concern me!

Houston Canary wrote....You don''t remember the comment but claim I took it out of contect.

Er, no! I used a question mark.

As for context I suspect I was speaking about momentum should City fall into the play offs.

Never mind, at least you are now appearing to come round to appreciating Doc more.

We had plenty of momentum. Anyone who thought we''d somehow go from getting 2 out of 3 points to getting less than 1 in 3 and fall so far in such a short time struck me as clueless.

It seems more like you have put more realistic descriptions on Doherty''s game. Hey, I was glad he played well last year and a bit surprised he was not kept around after that, but I wanted him gone years ago before we fell to such depths.

It is this God-complex some NCFC fans have regarding him that bemuses me.