Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Has this happened to anyone else?

The new Norwich shirt.

You''re out a social event, maybe a bbq or sitting in a beer garden, and you wear you''re new City shirt. Now I don''t know if it''s the lighter colour or maybe I just stink but the shirt attracted about a million tiny little black bugs. Hardly an attractive look when you''re swatting them away like a madman, leaving people unsure if you''re having a mini fit or something. This happened to anyone else? Just me? okaaayy...

It''s not just the new one. I wore my old one to football training the other week and had to take it off after 10 mins as it was driving me, and anyone within 2 feet of me crazy.

YES, PEOPLE WHO SHARE MY PAIN!

D''yer reckon it''ll be a problem for the players? Surely not...

This year I don''t think they''re these Storm Flies.  I think they''re some kind of flea beetle.  They love dry weather and I reckon the dry spell we had in June/July meant they bred like rabbits.

I used to have a yellow car. Never again. It was covered in bugs on a regular basis. It''s why fly paper is yellow.

i was in Yarmouth last week ,never seen anything like it ...it was an invasion ...

they must have come across the channel in the back of lorries ....

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]This year I don''t think they''re these Storm Flies.  I think they''re some kind of flea beetle.  They love dry weather and I reckon the dry spell we had in June/July meant they bred like rabbits.

[/quote]

Think you''re right about that.  My daughter''s Brownie pack had an outdoor adventure event the weekend before last and they were all warned in advance not to wear their yellow Brownie uniform.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]This year I don''t think they''re these Storm Flies.  I think they''re some kind of flea beetle.  They love dry weather and I reckon the dry spell we had in June/July meant they bred like rabbits.

[/quote]

Think you''re right about that.  My daughter''s Brownie pack had an outdoor adventure event the weekend before last and they were all warned in advance not to wear their yellow Brownie uniform.

[/quote]When did Brownie uniforms end up yellow? They were always brown when I was a kid.(To pre-empt the obvious joke, no, I was in the cubs)

Oh my goodness. How strange...

It oddly happened to me yesterday. I had my NCFC top doing some gardening and I was ATTACKED in seconds by a billion lil flying gits.... One second, I was fine, next, I was swamped.

I had to punch the air around me and run there were so many of them, I was choking on them.

[quote user="Songwriter"]

It oddly happened to me yesterday. I had my NCFC top doing some gardening and I was ATTACKED in seconds by a billion lil flying gits.... One second, I was fine, next, I was swamped.

I had to punch the air around me and run there were so many of them, I was choking on them.

[/quote]Yeah, I think they travel in gangs. I was at Southwold the other week and the place was swarming with them, then just a few hours later, they had all gone.Though maybe they were all in a nearby town, all over a guy in a city shirt.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When did Brownie uniforms end up yellow? They were always brown when I was a kid.

(To pre-empt the obvious joke, no, I was in the cubs)
[/quote]

Damn...you beat me to it!  They are yellow and brown nowadays - t-shirt/sweatshirts are predominantly yellow....personally Morty I wasn''t in the cubs....I was more into Guides! [;)]

They are common pollon beatles and love rapeseed and anything yellow And yes they seem to be everywhere at the moment.

http://www.plantpress.com/wildlife/o232-commonpollenbeetle.php

Thought I would do a search on google as I was playing footy the other night and must have swallowed hundreds of the little buggers

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When did Brownie uniforms end up yellow? They were always brown when I was a kid.

[/quote]I thought you was Brown Owl m8!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Damn...you beat me to it!  They are yellow and brown nowadays - t-shirt/sweatshirts are predominantly yellow....personally Morty I wasn''t in the cubs....I was more into Guides! [;)]

[/quote]I would be into the brownie...if my wife allowed[;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]When did Brownie uniforms end up yellow? They were always brown when I was a kid.(To pre-empt the obvious joke, no, I was in the cubs)[/quote]I thought you was Brown Owl m8!!![/quote]Shhhh, I thought that was our special secret.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I thought you was Brown Owl m8!!![/quote]

Shhhh, I thought that was our special secret.

[;)]
[/quote]we seem to have ALOT of  SPECIAL secrets[;)] Next you wont want me telling them we ar in a relationship[:$]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]When did Brownie uniforms end up yellow? They were always brown when I was a kid.(To pre-empt the obvious joke, no, I was in the cubs)[/quote]I thought you was Brown Owl m8!!![/quote]Shhhh, I thought that was our special secret.[;)][/quote]we seem to have ALOT of  SPECIAL secrets[;)] Next you wont want me telling them we ar in a relationship[:$][/quote]Lol, its just as well your lovely wife doesn''t read this message board!

[quote user="Badcanary"]They are common pollon beatles and love rapeseed and anything yellow And yes they seem to be everywhere at the moment.

http://www.plantpress.com/wildlife/o232-commonpollenbeetle.php

Thought I would do a search on google as I was playing footy the other night and must have swallowed hundreds of the little buggers[/quote]So that explains why they all live in a yellow submarine.......

[quote user="Songwriter"]

[/quote]

Shame Alf Hitchcock''s no longer with us.........methinks he''d have got some mileage out of that one.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]
[/quote]we seem to have ALOT of  SPECIAL secrets[;)] Next you wont want me telling them we ar in a relationship[:$][/quote]

Lol, its just as well your lovely wife doesn''t read this message board!
[/quote]She thinks we are gay anyway mate....i.e facebook comment...lmfao[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]When did Brownie uniforms end up yellow? They were always brown when I was a kid.(To pre-empt the obvious joke, no, I was in the cubs)[/quote]I thought you was Brown Owl m8!!![/quote]Shhhh, I thought that was our special secret.[;)][/quote]we seem to have ALOT of  SPECIAL secrets[;)] Next you wont want me telling them we ar in a relationship[:$][/quote]Lol, its just as well your lovely wife doesn''t read this message board![/quote]She thinks we are gay anyway mate....i.e facebook comment...lmfao[Y][/quote]Hahahaha!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]
[/quote]we seem to have ALOT of  SPECIAL secrets[;)] Next you wont want me telling them we ar in a relationship[:$][/quote]

Lol, its just as well your lovely wife doesn''t read this message board!
[/quote]Chain from the kitchen sink is nowere near long enough to access the pc!!!

Lol, and that proves she doesn''t read it, you''d be getting a clip round the ear for your cheek!

jbghost I was doing work on a quarry the other day and their policy was orange hi vis..i think it attracts them more!!!my hard hat was black due to them and my orange wasitcoat was black due to them as well!