Sign in to follow this  
Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno

Re: Been reading so much rubbish, and I just HAD to post!

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]Ive never seen so much anger from people, no one has still challenged my point that these players are NOT top of the league material, and therefor we will not be challenging. End of, we will be lucky to come 10th.[/quote]

And the lottery numbers for next weekend are?  [:S]

I wish I could see into the future [:)]

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]If I offered you any of the signings I mentioned earlier, in comparison to the players we have signed, you would have picked the players I have pointed out every day of the week.

Paynter over Jackson,

Kasper Over Ruddy

Lloyd Sam over Fox

etc etc[/quote]Paynter and Jackson are unknown qualities in this league, for his youth and potential alone I would have Jackson.Schmeical is riding on the back of his fathers fame.  A decent year in League 2 means nothing.  Ruddy was fantastic in the SPL last year, would much rather have Ruddy.Sam is a winger, Fox isn''t.  We don''t play a system with a winger so I would much rather have Fox.

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]no one has still challenged my point that these players are NOT top of the league material[/quote]Because we all know they aren''t top of the league material?  Just a thought.  You can''t be controversial if you state something everybody agrees with.  Try harder.

I, like most fans will save writing off our new signings before they''ve even kicked a ball in anger.

One thing I think all of us will agree with is that you don''t have to have a proven "pedegree" to be a good player.  Sibereski, Cottee and Peschisilido spring to mind anyone? The one thing you truely require from a player is ambition and hunger, which is available from any player in the football league! Look at Alan Ball. He very nearly didn''t have a career in football due to his size, Blackpool gave him a punt and he ended up MOM in the World cup final!

Give me a hungry player who wants to prove himself rather than a washed up journey man any day of the week!

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]If I offered you any of the signings I mentioned earlier, in comparison to the players we have signed, you would have picked the players I have pointed out every day of the week. (Utter cr*p, but i''ll go through your examples)Paynter over Jackson, X(Nope. I think Paynter will do fairly well this season, but he''s had 1 successful season in a side decent enough in the environment and standard of teams they were amongst to utilise him to his full potential. Jackson, far younger, and far more highly touted as a prospect, has achieved so very much more than Paynter had achieved at this time of his career in a far weaker side) Kasper Over Ruddy X(For anyone who''s looked into it, they should see Ruddy is the better choice of the two)Lloyd Sam over Fox ✔/ X

(At face value Lloyd Sam would seem to edge it, though Fox''s goalscoring record is more impressive whilst in a more ''restraint'' position, and what he provides in dead ball situations may sway it his way in my mind. And if his quality of play is as good as Blackpool fans, Holloway, Colchester fans, Boothroyd and Lambert say it is, i''m happier with Fox in the side personally)etc etc[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]No counter arguements, no replies? So.. i''m 100% right then, unless some one proves or argues otherwise?[/quote]

[/quote]

Like the .gif WAY......

Care to comment on my reply to you? Also on the comment you made regarding Holts pace, was pace a big part in Geoff Horsfield, Iwan Roberts and Dion Dublin''s (to name a few) game?

Seeing as the OP is so hell bent on saying all our new players are crap, other than Paynter (equally good as Jackson), Sam (wouldn''t fit our system at all) and Schmeichel (moved from prem to league 2... that says it all) who and with what bloody money would you be bringing in to the club in order to finish top 6?

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Seeing as the OP is so hell bent on saying all our new players are crap, other than Paynter (equally good as Jackson), Sam (wouldn''t fit our system at all) and Schmeichel (moved from prem to league 2... that says it all) who and with what bloody money would you be bringing in to the club in order to finish top 6?[/quote]

Yeah but what you seem to be forgetting Linc''s is that he''s actually a semi professional footballer, so who are we to argue with the fountain of  knowledge? 

Oh goodness of course, how could I forget that! A semi pro footballer that somehow has a season ticket (therefore can assume he attends most if not all games)... the man is also a time traveller!

The point some of you here may seem to be missing is that he''s not interested in anyone that disagrees with him, or has a different opinion..He wants you to agree with him and tell him what a clever boy he is.[:)]

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]Still no one here has convincd me, that our players we have signed are top 4 worthy, but yet i still see everyone talking on ohter threads that we''re going to win the league.[/quote]You spelt ''other'' wrong.No one here wants to convince you. 

In that case morty he is a very clever boy and he is 100% right and he can now leave us all alone and go back to doing his homework :)

[quote user="Lincs CR"]In that case morty he is a very clever boy and he is 100% right and he can now leave us all alone and go back to doing his homework :)[/quote]Summer holidays soon [:''(]

[quote user="StevoM"][quote user="Lincs CR"]In that case morty he is a very clever boy and he is 100% right and he can now leave us all alone and go back to doing his homework :)[/quote]Summer holidays soon [:''(][/quote][:(]

StevoM must you remind us :''( give it another few days and this place will go into total meltdown

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]Still no one here has convincd me, that our players we have signed are top 4 worthy, but yet i still see everyone talking on ohter threads that we''re going to win the league.[/quote]I don''t think many people are saying we will win the league.......a lot of people think we can get premoted, i think we can, i don''t see why you don''t....You say your not convinced by others arguments, well, why should anyone be convinced by yours? I was supprised at the ammount of people (not just Norwich fans) who think Boro won''t be as good as they should be, quite a number of people think their signings are only average, even their star striker Boyd.....and if peopl arn''t convinced by Boyd, how can any other signing at any other club really be up to it?In reality, we don''t actually know if our signings are up to it or not......only 2 of them have serious Championship experiance, Ward being potentially one of the best defenders in the league, Surman if on form, will be an amazing player for us a think.....The one downfall i see, is the team is going to be changed, Ruddy, Ward, possibley Whitbread, possibley Smith, Surman, Fox, Possibley Crofts, and Jackson could all be starting in a couple of weeks time, that is a huge disruption to out brilliant team last year, losing players like Doc and Rusty, may not have upset people, but it could be a mistake....i''m happy with the team we have now, and i see know reason why we can''t be up their at the end of the season, so why don''t you convince me that we won''t be?

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]Still no one here has convincd me, that our players we have signed are top 4 worthy, but yet i still see everyone talking on ohter threads that we''re going to win the league.[/quote]

Now you appear to have changed the goalposts!

Before you were suggesting that they were average signings and not good enough - now your saying they are not good enough for a top four team? There is a drastic difference. Average means mid-table to me, which in all honesty 12th has to be seen as the bare minimal achievement for this coming season. One step at a time, don''t run before you can walk and all of that hooey.

However when you talk about top four it really does make me wonder. Why? Because from what you have said so far it sounds like you think Portsmouth and Middlesborough are top four sides. Portsmouth are going to be lucky to have much of a squad left by next season, transfer embargo and having to sell players to get rid of debts/restructuring etc. Middlesborough were most defenitely not top four last season and I am not entirely sure how Boyd can change that singlehandedly.

That appart no team is ever made up solely of top four players. That said you can finish 6th and still make it to the premier league so effectively without any top four players.

I don''t see anyone saying we are going to win the league. People are feeling possitive and saying they think we have a squad capable of going for a play-off place. But no one has said that it will happen for sure.

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]No counter arguements, no replies? So.. i''m 100% right then, unless some one proves or argues otherwise?[/quote]

[/quote]

Like the .gif WAY......

[/quote]

Well thankyou, it''s like flogging a dead horse trying to have a debate with someone who ''thinks'' they are right about everything lol so thought the gif apt [:)]

oh dear .

you really are leaving yourself fairly vulnerable for abuse .

Surman is a quality player for this division .

maybe you should give it a few games before casting wild crazy opinions .

next ... Smith..? clearly must be rubbish playing champions league .

nothing personal , you don''t know what your talking about to me .

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]I''m an Ipswich fan, i think Norwich suck, and if you do badly i''m going to throw it in your face.[/quote]I grew tiresome of this facade, so i thought i''d take the liberty of translating the true meaning of your post for the sake of those decent enough to still give you the benefit of the doubt.You''re just a troll, albeit a deranged and abnormally determined one.

well said John .

to sit here and slate any player ,before they kick a ball is asking for it .

don''t matter how good of a player you are ,does not mean you know everything about football .

Glen Roeder was a good player for example .

[quote user="Elliot Ward takes a MEAN peno"]When we are 15th or so after 10-15 games, and you''re all realisng that the lkes of Elliot Ward are nothing short of absolute bog standard crap, and Andrew Surman is no better than a younger-simon lappin and how much we miss Russel.

I will bump this thread so high :)[/quote]

Which reminds me, did we ever find out how who originated the infamous ''Why we wont go up'' thread; Having promised to bump it when we didnt reach promotion?

and since when has a team''s position in the table after 15 determined where they finish after 46 games? Judge it at January and if we''re struggling around 15th position.

Not that this will likely happen so just pack your bags down and bump yourself back to the revision book.