Sign in to follow this  
Proud Preston

Darel Russell offered deal at Preston

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="Duffman"]I have to say that I read it as marchisio was calling DDD stupid. If he was talking about me, then fair enough thats his problem. I proved DDD wrong, we all moved on and nothing more needed to be said. In other news, I can also confirm that I am not a married man.[/quote]

You proved me wrong how?

If  Russell gets 3 red cards next season like you assured the op then yes, otherwise only in your head

[/quote]
I sense a small bet looming here...
[/quote]

I would be well up for some of that. 

I''ve even thought of a better forefit then making the loser pay money.

How about the loser has to sport a lovely Ipswich Town avatar for the whole of the 2011/2012 season.
[/quote]

How about the Loser wears an Ipswich shirt to a game of their choice next season?

He was excellent for us last season in the holding role, a bit of a revelation actually. In the Championship he always played in a more attacking role and was distinctly average: missed too many games through suspension, didn''t score enough goals, not nearly as good as he thought he was. Dropping down a division he had some excellent games for us where he really took charge, got the ball and moved it on simply but well.

The big question is, has he finally found his best position or will he again struggle in the Championship. I suspect none of us really know. My guess would be that he will do a solid but unspectacular job for you: teams he has played for in the Championship tend to finish in the bottom half.

Luckily for us Russell has left Norwich at the same time we have returned to a league where he is no longer good enough. He will get stuck in and sent off a couple of times, but thats about his limit.

Not the sort of player to sign if PNE have any ambition, but an ok squad player on a free transfer I guess

well well well.....that didn''t take long did it?

So that''s 1 red card....and 36 games left to get the other 2!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]well well well.....that didn''t take long did it? So that''s 1 red card....and 36 games left to get the other 2![/quote]

No but then he''s that sort of player isn''t he, always will get stuck in, argue with the ref and be a bit hot headed, every team has got one, guess Holt is ours?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]well well well.....that didn''t take long did it? So that''s 1 red card....and 36 games left to get the other 2![/quote]

No but then he''s that sort of player isn''t he, always will get stuck in, argue with the ref and be a bit hot headed, every team has got one, guess Holt is ours?

[/quote]The difference is that Holt has a brain and knows when to switch his mouth off.  Rusty tried hard for us here and was very good last season against poor teams, but I''m delighted we replaced him with Crofts who looks a better player all-round.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

If Lappin was to play central I think he would get booked a few more times than he is. I see him quite often out wide having a little stamp in frustration and yelling an no one in particular. I guess when you are out there and not near a linesman its hard for the ref to catch you!